Let's Talk Gay

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MiaCharlize, Oct 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Finally, I'm back home. Only for the weekend though :(

So anyways, let's see what I missed...

First off, Ashley, way to go girl ;)

LOL, yeah. And I'm really proud of it :p

First girl kiss didn't feel like that for me... but I'm happy for all your explosions :)

Alright, so I'm not. I'm jealous. *sigh*

Good luck :)

2. AshleyFirst223

AshleyFirst223 Pathologist

Well, I've been going up to this vacation house since I was 10, and when we were 13, we were in the same store and we started talking. I don't know if she has feelings for me, I think she does, but I can't be sure. We live hours apart and go to different schools. So I don't know how this one is going to play out. We'll probably just keep this up whenever I go up there. I don't know.

3. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

^I hope everything'll turn out the way you want it to be :)

4. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

So, I just got from my vacation with my aunt. This would be the aunt I was going to tell that I was gay, well, I didn't, because she basically knows. My little sister was around so much there was no chance for me to fit it in, but I know she knows. Everytime she would say the word lesbian she would see me wince and nod to herself. (I don't overly love the word lesbian, I do not know why) and when she asked me if I had a boyfriend, and I told her no, she just said "I didn't think you would" and the way she said it just so told that she knew. We will be seeing eachother again soon, and I think I just might own up to it if people aren't around constantly.

5. Nienna Berylla

Nienna Berylla CSI Level Two

^^I hope its going to work for you, i mean by that that you find a way to tell her, without others around, its already a easy thought i've she knows it. I wish you luck with it.. I really do..

I dont know i've it weird but lately i have dreams of other woman & i have a girlfriend, but i dont know what it means or is. It just scare me, like i dont like her that much or do i? There just popped up so many questions after those dreams. They where pretty intens (the dreams) *blush*.. Dont know where to go and dont have the guts to tell here about these dream because i am so afraid to hurt or, or let her think low about herself and she already is doing that..
    Sorry that i dropped it in here..

6. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Hey, Nathalie. Don't worry too much, what yoU're experiencing is nothing unusual. Just because you have dreams or thoughts about others doesn't mean you don't love your girlfriend anymore, or not enough.

Sometimes your mind is just jumbling up images and impressions that you pic up over the day. Even if you have romantic dreams about someone else it doesn't mean you want to be with that other woman. Maybe she's just on your mind for other reasons, you might also find her pretty, so your mind connects that and makes it into a dream.

As for your girlfriend, maybe you should not tell her about your dreams, if she feels threatened by them. She only needs to know that you love her, there is no need to worry her.

7. AshleyFirst223

I don't think you should worry about the dreams. I've had intense, just plain nasty dreams about people I would never think about like that. Like Mia said, you were probably just thinking about that person throughout the day.

I agree that telling your girlfriend probably isn't the best idea. It's not like you chose to dream about these people, or that you acted out your dreams. If it's just going to hurt her feelings, I think it's best to protext her from it.

8. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I had a dream that I had a penis once...

*silence*

Do I want a penis? Hell no. :lol: (Well maybe for a day :p)
    Let's not dissect my dream too much lol, but the point is that I agree with above, it's just a dream, no worries. :D

9. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

LOL, I had that same dream too a long time ago. You don't wanna know what I did with it, it was ugly, I'm still disgusted by that dream.

I had another dream once in which I was making out with Lucy from 7th heaven. (I think I was like 13, way before I was consciously aware I was gay)

So anyways, when she undressed she suddenly had a penis :lol:

Funny dream, I've been watching 7th heaven in a different light since then.

10. Jorja_Rain

Jorja_Rain Lab Technician

*considers self lucky for never having had a penis dream* :lol:

And I, too, agree with everything written above, dreams don't always represent your deepest wishes or urges. I once dreamed of making out with one of my close (girl)friends, and I remember looking at her naked body and realizing she had tiny breasts :lol: It was only after I had that dream that I actually consciously looked at her breasts ;) . And I never dreamed about her again, so there was definitely no actual sexual tension there.

My best fried told me she once dreamed of having sex with her (younger) brother. He was 17 at that time, and obviously she was disgusted by it. It was just a dream, a very weird, very disgusting dream, but it obviously held no relevance whatsoever :p .

11. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

Ugh, has anybody been irritated by those talking adds yet? I kinda want to kill them! But that is off topic, back on topic:

Yesterdays jorja_rain is right. No one can tell you when you know you're gay. It's something you feel, not something you can tell yourself.

For me I ended up falling for a friend. (After a week before my therapist told me that would happen...stupid therapist) and I ignored it. I was scared, and actaully, quite homophobic :lol: But I had a bisexual friend come out to me, accepted it, and she helped me come out to myself and accept it.

I couldn't tell you when you have to tell your family and friends. Sometime in your lifetime perhaps? :lol: It really is a personal choice, and I don't believe it really matters, a good time to tell your family and friends is when you're ready.

And as for your third question, it depends where you're living I guess. It can get tough here, but it can be easy too. It's not like everytime I walk out the door someone is like "FAGGOT" (that would really suck, and if that was to ever happen to someone I sudjest they move) but it can get difficult at times. When I had a girlfriend whenever we would hold hands in the mall we whould get called stuff all the time, eventaully we learned to ignore it, but for me I've never found it super hard where I am.

12. AshleyFirst223

My classmates are all pretty harsh. It's like one person said "Oh I hate gay people." and everyone is scared to talk against them. People always stop and look at gay couples, it's not like there's anything unusual. It's lame.

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

1st off, what is it with everyone calling you "fag"? I think you've mentioned a couple times that one of your roommates said that to you. Isn't it a term for male homosexuals? You're the only one I've ever heard about who mentioned it used for a girl :confused:

So anyway, I've never been called anything bad in public, certainly not been insulted for holding hands with my girlfriend. People sometimes throw looks that range from dispproving to curious (and jealous ;)) but never did anyone say anything to me.

What I also find strange is that people would judge two girls holding hands, I personally wouldn't even always conclude they were gay because I see so many girls holding hands every day who are actually just friends.

But still, I'm glad I don't live in an area with many homophobics, I consider myself lucky. In my city it's quite the opposite actually, I see a handful of dykes every day, and some fags too (btw, I'm not using either of these terms in a bad way, I don't mean to offend, for me they are just titles, not insults) It's such a common sight around here I doubt anyone really bothers anymore.

14. midnightbellzza

midnightbellzza Coroner

I never said my roommate was smart :lol: And I really don't know why, you think it would be dyke...hmm, next person to call me a fag they are being questioned. I don't know why, maybe only stupid people call me things :lol:

15. AshleyFirst223

Yesterday, my girlfriend (sort of) drove up to see me, it was a surprise, which was so sweet :) So I took her out to lunch and who do we run into? My ex-boyfriend. It was the most awkward experience of my life.

Of course, he doesn't know the extent of our relationship, and she knows that. So she purposely made it more awkward by asking off the wall questions. But her being there made up for it. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.