Let's Talk Gay

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I feel the same about being single!!!
Somedays you feel so happy, but others day you feel so alone. Even though I live in a house of like 4 girls, but I mean alone like realtionship wise :lol:

Awe. quoth_the_raven that's too bad about her being religious!

Hmm...that reminds me of yet another story! One time, my roommates missonarie people from her church showed up at the door and I answered it wearing half a shirt. Then they were like "why are you wearing half a shirt?" and I was like "oh, no reason really, all the lesbians are doing it latley" :lol: You should've seen there faces, I don't think I've ever seen someone so shocked in my life. :lol: And I'm pretty sure after that my roommate wanted to kill me! :lol:

Yeah, it's too bad :p *sigh* Ah well :p

My mom told me she doesn't think being gay is a sin and if I am a lesbian she'll still love me. That I'm still always going to be her little baby girl :D *aww... just typing that gives me the warm-fuzzies :lol: :D*. She's so blunt, though :lol: "IF you're a lesbian..." :lol:

Haha, CW, all the lesbians are doing it!! :lol: You should've said, "Don't you know?" :rolleyes: :p

One time while waiting for my sis to get out of a concert with my mom in the car across the street at a Starbucks, these two guys walked by us holding hands and I thought it was adorable :D Some guy made an assinine comment and I almost said something but I didn't want to ruin their tender moment :D

I've talked to my mom about my sexuality before but it's never been as hard as it was last night. I almost started crying *sniffle* It was hard and I was a little scared to be truthful because I didn't know how she'd react. I mean I knew she'd be supportive of me and always love me, but... there's always that one thought that stays in the back of your mind... ;)

In a way I sort of think that guy/guy and girl/girl relationships are the perfect match for everyone. I mean guys can be guys, girls can be girls. They understand what each other are going through more easily and the little things become easier :p (bra-shopping!! :lol: :p)

i think my friend might be gay. He insists he likes this one girl, but...he acts so girly. He even has the voice down. i laugh at him for it. but yeah, i think he'll turn out gay. eventually.

Imperfect said:
i think my friend might be gay. He insists he likes this one girl, but...he acts so girly. He even has the voice down. i laugh at him for it. but yeah, i think he'll turn out gay. eventually.

My sister swears Sanjaya from American Idol is gay for the exact same reason. He has lovely hair... :lol:

Haha. I haven't really been following American Idol latley. :lol: I'm always watching something else when it's on.

Hmm. Random Thought: It makes me laugh so hard when someones come back is "yeah, well, you're a lesbian" it's like "yeah, well, you're straight" :lol: It's like your comeback sucks, and I know my sexuality, thanks for clearing it up. It's actually kind of irratating at times, but sometimes so funny :lol:

CatherineWillows said:
Hmm. Random Thought: It makes me laugh so hard when someones come back is "yeah, well, you're a lesbian" it's like "yeah, well, you're straight" :lol: It's like your comeback sucks, and I know my sexuality, thanks for clearing it up. It's actually kind of irratating at times, but sometimes so funny :lol:

This one kid at school one time actually said, "At least I'm not a lesbian" to me and one of my friends (oh she was so awesome :p) said "If she's a lesbian then you're a fag." That shut him UP! :lol: :p

My 10 year old best friend admitted to me about being gay. He is SOO cute but he has a crush on my crush...I find that soo funny

Just a side note, im not gay, I just though I'd post that here

I ususally am mute on the whole 'gay' topic but I think it's time I stepped in for a minute.

I honestly believe that homophobia is not only wrong and mean-spirited but also is a moral cancer that has manifested itself in many societies around the world. It is probably one of the most artificial mindsets ever built. I don't want to elaborate too much with this post but homophobia should not be taken lightly but should be regarded as a major social ill that should be remedied.

ALL Americans, that includes heterosexuals pay a terrible price for this nonsensical hatred that has no basis for legitimacy in a federal republic or democracy. I would say that at least 90 percent of ALL men and women will feel some sort of limited attraction to someone of their own gender, even if miniscule.

Generally speaking, I'm a heterosexual human being but it really depresses the daylights out of me how they are dressing homophobia up as 'traditional family values' or 'American way of Life'. It's all a sick fraud and must be remedied and combatted or else ALL of American culture will pay a terrible price for this hatred.

quoth_the_raven said:
Imperfect said:

My sister swears Sanjaya from American Idol is gay for the exact same reason. He has lovely hair... :lol:

Perhaps I should ask from one guy who I know..his daughter is friend with Sanjaya :p

oh yay a gay thread. how great is that? i've read through most of these posts and see that a lot of people are encountering homophobia and i think that is terrible. i'm sorry for anyone who is going through that. i came out while i was a freshman in high school (currently a freshman in college) and despite living in a small town in kentucky (i repeat...kentucky) no one ever said anything to me...i don't know if i was just lucky or maybe the big guy upstairs liked me or something lol. idk. i'm also a drag king and before a performance on campus i was in the center of campus in full drag (once again...in kentucky) and i was in the girls bathroom applying my facial hair and a bunch of girls walked in and i thought they would like scream and run out but instead gave me some advice on makeup. wonders never cease...

anyway, thats my anecdote for the day. :) happy posting peeps. i'm glad this is here.

ilh214 said:
and i was in the girls bathroom applying my facial hair and a bunch of girls walked in and i thought they would like scream and run out but instead gave me some advice on makeup. wonders never cease...

Aww, that's adorable! :D I'm happy you don't have a big close-minded group around you! Welcome to the thread ^^

Ducky are you serious?? :lol: You know a whole network, don't you? :lol: :p

I am serious :eek: When I read that post, I thought the name was familiar. I went to check my e-mail, where this friend of mine told about how it's going and how her daughter almost went to audition for American Idol in Seattle but she didn't but her good friend Sanjaya got thru and he hopes he does well and he has already record contract!

I am serious! :lol: :lol:

ilh214
I'm glad no one has discriminated against you. I go to college in Louisiana (although I'm from Dallas where homosexuality is widely accepted), and I have a good friend that is gay, and thankfully he hasn't been discriminated against either. It just shows to me that although homophobia still exists, there are indications that it's gradually disappearing. I've definitely noticed a dramatic improvement in how people perceive and understand homosexuality, and I'm happy that people are tearing down their prejudices and are becoming more accepting of others.
To those who have experienced homophobia firsthand, I hope that someday you won't have to deal with that horrible ignorance anymore. People need to understand that love isn't just between man and woman anymore...love is between two men or women, between different races, religions, and cultures. Love is love, and no governmental institution can dictate that.

I wish no one discriminated against homosexuals and bisexuals here! I constantly get the "she's a lesbian don't talk to her" and the stupid jokes. One time a kid told his friend that if he went near me he was going to turn into a lesbian, so I went up and coughed on him :lol: but anyways, discrimnation sucks, but I guess you just have to try and ignore the stupid comments. Its just sometimes so hard to do that, like when it comes from a "friend" or something, blah, it's impossible to just forget about it. (that happened to me a couple months ago, my "friend" was being a real ass about it) but less people bug me about it now, because I just kinda stopped caring. Sometimes it gets to me, but now that I've heard it all, it doesn't bother me to to much. But it still does suck

CatherineWillows
It's terrible that you encounter all of that, but that will make you a stronger person and you're already better than those who say those things to you because you're above it. I had some friends that were guys that were out at the same high school as me, they had a lot happen to them. One even ended up dropping out because he couldn't take it anymore. But this guy wouldn't leave him alone, it was everyday saying something mean to him and I hated seeing my friend hurt so I found the guy doing it in the hallway and shoved him against the lockers and told him that the only reason he said those things was because he was scared and insecure about his own sexuality and he was a coward. (i'm not promoting violence here btw) He never bothered my friend again and he turned out to be sleeping with a guy. I could have outed him but no, I'm not that kind of person.
So when people are really rude and homophobic...theres a good chance they are covering up their own insecurity about their sexuality but that doesn't make it okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back