Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

@Missing: Those are approximate dates!

I have counted votes but I'll post them when I get back from school. There is no need to vote anymore. I have my 3 exam weeks/due dates for projects now so I'll try to keep up with this thread but don't get mad when I am a few days late!

@BonaTaylor... if your offer still stands.. If you could make 3 banners for this theme... That would be great!

================

---- LPS #2 ELIMINATION THEME 6: Street Signs ----

We had a tie between two users with the same amount of points. Although the following contestant got lesser votes and more number one votes.

Photo: # 1
Votes: 9
Contestant: Patricia

I'm sorry to say that Patricia is leaving us. Thank you for entering and I'm hoping to see you as a non-LPS contestant and make sure you show that ideas like

yours kick butt next time!

---- WINNERS TIME ----

FIRST PLACE:

photo: # 9
user: BonaTaylor
votes: 10

SECOND PLACE:

photo: # 06
user: Amy777
votes: 8

THIRD PLACE:

photo: # 4
user: Missing
votes: 7

--- WINNERS ---
[1] Each round winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner
[2] The winner (1st) of the LPS may recieve a banner.
[3] When not given when the winners are announced, banners are available from me upon request via PM.

==========================================================

--- CURRENT THEME ---
Theme: Inside
Extra's: None
Deadline for submitting a photograph:
Tuesday 29th of January 2008 at 2pm GMT (this boards time)
Late entries won't be accepted!

--- NEXT THEME ---
Theme: Money
Extra's: None
Approx. deadline for submitting a photograph:
Around February 12th, 2008!

--- RULES & CO ---
See initial post of this thread! Be sure to read them carefully. From now on I won't hesitate to leave a photo out if it is not by the rules set for sending in a photograph.

--- THE END ---
Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
Thanks and enjoy making your photograph!

Sorry to see you go, Patricia. Hope you continue to submit! :)

Congrats to the winners! :)

Hmm time to start thinking about the money theme...should be a good time!

Anything that displays something "inside"... Just google "inside"... then on google images... see something you like? then try to convert that to you own thing and capture that. If you're unsure then send in your photo early! I can comment it. Allrighty?

Yeah I am making it hard for you guys... a bit with this theme. Just challenging you all... Have fun! ;)

I know I am not that direct and still vague but that is what I do on purpose... Just another hint. Don't think to much about it. Let your mind have a go on it as well.

What happened to the LPS contest? I thought all submissions had to be in by the 29th?

Perhaps real life got in her way, I hear it's exam time in different places. BlueCurl might be in the midst of them.

Dizzney said:
What happened to the LPS contest? I thought all submissions had to be in by the 29th?

Just because the entries had to be in by the 29th doesn't mean that BlueCurl has necessarily been able to spare the time to post them yet. After all, forum life should never take precedence over real life, I have sent her a message to check that everything is OK. Let's give her a while longer, and if she's a no show we'll come up with a plan B, which will probably involve people resending their entries to me.

I hope everything is OK BlueCurl. :)

Alrighty! I am in the middle of my exams at school! Need to pass them or I can leave school... We have pretty strict rules in having a pretty high score. So needed to study! From 33 people in my algebra class only 2 passed the exam! And I am one of them and I have the highest score! :D

Alrighty: I'm going to check all my PM's and post the photos.. Expect them in a few hours!

And uh don't worry about forgetting the LPS... I won't! I like doing it!

edit 1:
and who where having problems coming up with something related to "inside"!? See you all can do it ;) Everybody should have had a reply to their PM now!
Both _Hush_ and Patricia have failed to send in a photo twice.... I'm sorry to see them leave! We're now left with 7 contestants! And one of them is using their free pass!

edit 2:

---- VOTING TIME ----
You can decide who's the best photographer in this round! Read the rules, watch all the photos and vote!

For the voting rules: See the initial post made!

Be sure to look which photo belongs to the LPS and which not before voting!

---- PHOTOS ----

Last Photographer Standing 2 Contestants

Photo #01

Photo #02

Photo #03

Photo #04

Photo #05

Photo #06

Other Contestants (NON LPS)

Photo #7

---- IMPORTANT ----

Please PM me if you don't see your photo!

It's getting hard to vote for 3 and 3, with so few people left. Perhaps it's time to change it?

LPS:
02: Picture is somewhat dull, and is a bit blurry in some places. Interesting idea, though.
04: The light creates a glare on the bulbs.
01: I love this picture. I really, really do. But, unfortunately, I have to vote for something, and this one is a bit blurry in a few places.

Favorite:
03: I love this idea! The picture has depth and texture, which makes it easier to look at.
06: Ooh, wires and gadgets! Always fun to look at!
05: Cool angle. Nice, bright colours.

LPS:

2 - The image was improperly centered in the frame. You can see blankets or something behind the magazine.

4 - Too much glare on the bulbs. An offset flash from the camera and softer lighting would have worked better.

1 - Its a good picture, but there's too much stuff going on in it. Maybe zooming in a bit closer.

Favorites:

3 - I love the texture to this image. It was a great idea. You have the shells with one peanut sticking out. Great composition!

6 - This is what I would have done. Or something very similar. Its nicely cropped and gets the idea of inside done very well.

5 - Interesting imagery. You can definitely tell you're looking from the inside out at something.

LPS:
1 - Very nice concept but there are a few too many stalks and is blurry in places.
2 - Again nice concept but it's flat, there's no life. Also blurry in places.
3 - The peanut in the center is nice but the edges get blurry and hard to decipher.

Overall:

Boy this is getting super hard. *scratches head*

LPS

01 - Neat idea, but I too find it busy.
02 - Off centered and flat. Nice attempt though.
04 - I like the idea, but as other comments say, it seems there is a little to much glare on the blubs.

OVERALL

03 - Interesting how you had both the nut and inside the empty shell.
05 - interesting shot :)
07 - definitely keeping with the theme.

DragonflyDreamer said:
It's getting hard to vote for 3 and 3, with so few people left. Perhaps it's time to change it?

tnx for noticing but no worries! I was already thinking about that! as long as we have at least 6 entries with both LPS and non-LPS contestants we'll be fine for a while longer!

LPS:
2-Photo is blurry, glare on bottom of page, and image seems dull.
4-Glare off balls is distracting and seems somewhat blurry.
6-It is neat idea, but I find it busy and blurred in some areas.

Favorites:
3-Such a neat idea and good focus.
7-Inside an oven that was one of my ideas. Good job.
5-Nice clearness of photo.

LPS:
2 too close to the book
4 flash was too bright (too much glare)
5 Nothing really wrong wiuth photo-had to pick

All

Back