Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

BlueCurl

Pathologist
--- LAST PHOTOGRAPHER STANDING #2 ---

LPS means "Last Photographer Standing". I pick a theme. CONTESTANTS AND OTHERS send in their photographs related to the theme.
Then all members can vote for the 3 least quality photos of the LPS contestant photos and their reason why. They also vote for the 3 best quality photos overall (from all entries, not only the LPS photos).

Each round a participant with the most number of least quality votes will be eliminated from the LPS and 3 winners will be announced from all the entrants. And a new theme will be given.

The objective for this LPS is that we all learn from each other by giving criticism to photos of others. This way everybody can improve their photography skills.

Yes, this LPS is different than the previous LPS. In a way that the previous LPS and the regular photo competitions are merged together!

If you did not join the LPS you are still free to join the themes!

LPS contestants are free to use their ONE free pass on a theme of their choice. Until only 4 contestants are left in the LPS. (Last three rounds)

--- RULES FOR SENDING IN A PHOTO ---
[1] A photograph may not violate the policy set by this forum, Talk CSI.
[2] It’s entirely up to you how you interpret the theme.
[3] You are only allowed to submit ONE photograph for each theme.
[4] The photograph you submit must be your own work, i.e. it has to have been taken by you. Don’t submit something your friend or family took, or something you found on the internet.
[5] Entries must be no larger than 600x480 pixels. If they are, you have a big change I will not add the photograph. I will only accept JPG format files.
[6] This competition is an anonymous one – this means you MUST NOT POST YOUR PHOTOGRAPH HERE.
[7] Once you have taken your photograph, you should upload it to your own webspace, such as a Photobucket account, and PM me the link.

--- RULES FOR PHOTO MANIPULATION ---
[1] Additions on your camera; setting manual options, filters, other than the normal lenses, etc are all allowed.
[2]Saturation, white balance, colour balance, levels; NOT AFTER taking the photo.
[3] Burn, sharpen, borders, filters (editing program filters), layers; Not allowed
[4] Cropping; Allowed
[5] Rotating; If you have a photo taken with the long side as the height you have to rotate it when it comes from your camera. Of course that 90 degrees rotate is allowed. To put horizons straight and sort of stuff will be considered as manipulation.
[6] Even though most of the manipulation can be done without being noticed. I trust you guys on your honesty! If someone wants to use another tool that is not here on the list you can always ask me if it is allowed or not and I'll add it to this rules list as well.

--- VOTING ---
[1] You have to vote for the users still in the LPS #2 AND all the entries!
[2] For the vote for the LPS entries you have to vote for the 3 least quality photos.
[3] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you think has the least quality, your second vote to whichever photo you think that off next etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting will be eliminated from the LPS.
[3] With each vote you have to explain your point of view.
[4] The second vote will be the best 3 photos (in you opinion) of all entrants joining that theme. So LPS entries AND other entries.
[5] You should give your first vote to whichever photo you like best, your second vote to whichever photo you like second best etc. It is important that you do it like this. Whoever has the most points at the end of voting wins, with the contestant that has the second highest number of points getting second place, etc.
[6] How a vote should look:
--------------------
LPS:
99 - Using a flash in broad daylight? It really flattens the image which gives a strange effect to the photograph.
76 - Nice idea for the theme but the image is very busy and doesn't give that nice photo feeling. Maybe better in black and white next time.
82 - Very nice of how you set up the whole "scene" but the wrong subject is sharp. Nice use of the diaphragm though!

All:
--------------------
[7] Criticizing/Bashing: I ask you to combine the basic rules with your personal opinion when giving your critics. Why the personal thing? Sometimes a photo does not have anything in it that is by the basic rules of photography and it is still more than a great photograph. That happens. Also the other way around. A photo can be perfect by the basic rules of photography but just doesn't have anything or a feeling. I'm pretty straight on about criticizing one another.. The world of photography is were people judge each other hard... But not on anything personal but on some technical skills and your insight. That means no bashing but good critics! And don't be afraid to criticize! People can use that and learn from it. And they should take critics that way too!
[8] Please look at ALL of the photographs submitted before deciding on which ones get your vote. All you have to do is click on the link to each photo. This is so everyone has a fair chance of getting a vote and therefore a banner.
[9] Don't vote for your own photo - why anyone would want to do such a silly thing is beyond me, but if you do, I will know and your photo will be disqualified from the competition.
[10] Don't tell your friends which photo is yours so that they'll vote for it - that is a sad and pathetic thing to do, not to mention unfair on all the other competitors.

--- WINNERS ---
[1] Each round winners (1st, 2nd and 3rd) may each receive a banner
[2] The winner (1st) of the LPS may recieve a banner.
[3] When not given when the winners are announced, banners are available from me upon request via PM.

--- FINAL ---
Any questions, please either post them here, or PM me.
Thanks and enjoy making your photograph(s) later on!

All the themes will be in one thread. Since I'm not a moderator it can take a while before the thread title has changed so be sure to follow the thread closely.

--- WHO'S STILL IN ---
- Amy777
- BonaTaylor
- Missing

--- WHO'S OUT ---
- _Hush_ - failed to send in two pictures, automatically eliminated
- DJRideout - eliminated penultimate theme
-Dizzney - eliminated penultimate theme
- Roosey - eliminated theme 1
- never_again - eliminated theme 2
- Andreina - eliminated theme 3
- araSgerG - eliminated theme 4
- DragonflyDreamer - eliminated theme 5
- Patricia - eliminated theme 6
- Drumchik - eliminated theme 7
- Wolfesgamergirl - eliminated theme 8
- Bev - withdrawn
- Lucy - withdrawn
- that_girl1 - failed to send in 2 photos
- SpeedleCSIMiami - failed to send in 2 photos
- crazy_steph - failed to send in 2 photos
- LivingEnd - failed to send in 2 photos

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Last Photographer Standing #2

I'm in for sure! But I don't quite understand this line:
[3] Both the people that joined the LPS #2, that have been voted off, forgot the send in their photo and that didn't join the LPS #2 are free to send in a photo that is within the context of the given theme.
Could you clarify it a bit?

Of course I can clarify that!

At every round the ones in the LPS must send in their photo AND the ones not in the LPS, like when you were voted off previously or just didn't join the LPS etc. can still send in a photograph if they want to compete for that round only. When I display all submitted photographs I'll make two groups of photos. One with the ones still competing in the LPS and one group with all the other submitted photographs.

When you want to vote you can vote for the 3 photos you think are not very great and the reason why and then make a vote for the best 3 overall. Like we are used to in the current photocompetition. So both LPS and other submitted.

After each round you have someone that is voted off of the LPS and 3 winners of that theme. With in the end the winner of the LPS ofcourse.

In this way someone that forgot to sign up, could not compete or does not want to you can still join the competitions without waiting for a long period of time.

Hopes this helps!

so this is like a series of rounds, each time one being voted out?? If I understand this correctly, then it sounds like a fun challenge...I would be up for it!

well i cant commint to an lps. the digital camera is not mine and is at home. with my school schedule i wont be home very often :( but i can try to get in a few of the rounds as a non lps contestant.

I think I get it is similar to the LIMS challenge right? but better :D
well, anyway..I am in I already have my camera so now I can join any challenge I want :p
Regards

THE LIST (so far):
----------------------------
wolfesgamergirl
never_again
Patricia

Andreina said:
I think I get it is similar to the LIMS challenge right? but better :D
well, anyway..I am in I already have my camera so now I can join any challenge I want :p
Regards

So you're in?

DragonflyDreamer said:
Of course I can clarify that!
Okay, I think I got it now. Thanks.

So you're in as well?

BonaTaylor said:
Sounds great. I am in as a regular contestant for that!! :)

So not as a LPS contestant?

allmaple said:
well i cant commint to an lps. the digital camera is not mine and is at home. with my school schedule i wont be home very often :( but i can try to get in a few of the rounds as a non lps contestant.

That's fine. That is why I also going to accept non LPS photos and make a regular competition on the side!

DJRideout said:
so this is like a series of rounds, each time one being voted out?? If I understand this correctly, then it sounds like a fun challenge...I would be up for it!

Indeed it is! So I can put your name on the list?

Sure, I'll give it a shot.....why the heck not...lol, it'll keep me outta trouble for a while anyway... :D

BlueCurl said:
THE LIST (so far):
wolfesgamergirl
never_again
Patricia

BonaTaylor said:
Sounds great. I am in as a regular contestant for that!! :)

So not as a LPS contestant?

Ahm... yes, that's what I meant. Count me in as a regular LPS contestant that wants to be on that list above. Sorry for being messy with wording. :)

Back