'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please ziggystarduzt could you give some typical Quebec french expressions ?
I've heard it's more poetic than french, like 'tomber en amour' for ex.
Hey kimi.. what kind of expressions are you looking for? I'd be happy to help! :D French is a beautiful language, regardless of the dialect. I'm glad I speak it, even if it is rusty!

I don't think it's bad to dislike your province, Snickers... I HATED the Yukon when I lived there. I couldn't think of even one thing I liked about it.. and I love BC! Maybe it just means you're not in the right place.

I was in French immersion, so I started in kindergarten. All of my classes were in French right up until grade 8, at which point I moved to Australia to go to acting school. It IS hard to retain a language when you're not speaking it.. I can still communicate in French, for sure, but I definitely have grammar and usage issues (as sissi is totally helping me out with over PM :D)

Anyway, as for hockey.. I don't care. Sorry. I just don't. All I know is what's on the front page of the newspaper every day. I'm such a bad Canadian :(

ziggystarduzt said:
Hey kimi.. what kind of expressions are you looking for? I'd be happy to help! :D French is a beautiful language, regardless of the dialect. I'm glad I speak it, even if it is rusty!

There're so many differences between french expressions and quebec french ones. It's amazing, I love your way of speaking, your dialect even if I don't always understand.
What kind of expressions I'm looking for? I dunno, it's up to you, maybe funny ones ? Just one or two, I don't wanna bother you .

No, they won't win. Our best Goalie got knocked off. Now it's gonna be a disappointing series and when the Hurricanes get the cup, the Oilers fans will probably either A. Take to the streets to riot in disappointment OR B. Everyone goes home and complains about the game until next year.

Anyhoo, according to this death clock, I should have died 3 weeks ago....

Whaaaaa... you saying Markkanen sucks? :p
Ah well... Rolson was better and Markkanen (before finals) had played last time on 1st March... imagine. 3 months without games and then BOOM. You play in finals.

I really hoped Edmonton to win but if you don't make goals... you cannot win :(

If we don't win tonight... I wouldn't be surprised. At all. But, this means that my brother's going to be attacking the TV, leaving me to fight off my mother for the downstairs TV.

I refuse to watch "So you think you can dance?" again! D:

Yay...Another hockey conversation. *waves a little flag sarcastically*

I'm sorry, I just dislike the sport. :rolleyes:

I've seen So You Think You Can Dance. My goshness, after about a half hour I was bored out of my mind.

^ Well, it was kinda okay at the start when they had these freaking amazing guys who did flips. But now it's all "Look at me flail my body around pathetically!"
And that's when I take a pen and slowly inch it towards my chest while yelling "No Captain! She can't take the pressure! She's gonna explode!"

And Hooray, I get to go to Fort McMurray for 3 days.
*Clings to everyone* Someone save me. Oh GOD someone save me D:

:lol: Palm you kill me.

I'm not looking forward to my trip to Cranbrook in August but only 'cause of the friggin 9 hour car drive. I swear, if my brother does his routine "Are we there yet?" I'm gonna...actually I dunno what I'm going to do. Maybe I'll yell, "Serenity now!". Oh, and my parents don't believe on having the radio on while driving in the country 'cause they figure the moo of the cows is gonba work. Right...

Well speed...there is hockey thread but noooo... you canucks always need to bring it up in here :rolleyes:

^^ Serentiy Now... omg. I'd do that thing where you stick your finger near their face, like so close your touching and start reciting "I'm not touching you. I'm not touching you."

And I really do pity you for having no music. A silent car ride is always the most akward one.
But then again, having your Dad go "Hey! Let's drive up and give that guy the finger!" "No, Dad! Nooooooo!" Isn't really much of a difference. Or him singing in a high pitched voice to "The Immigrant Song" so your ears bleed and you end up clawing that the windows, screaming for mercy. Trying to flag down the Highway Patrol but they just ignore you...

*Violent twitching*

Oh my God... *spasm*
Negative Aspects of Fort mcMurray (And before)
- 5 Hours in a Truck, listening to my Dad talk about the fire that hit the Mariana Lake area 3 YEARS AGO
- My hotel room is NOT comfy
- They have a bigger TV than me in their lounge room
- Ice is on level 3. And the elevator isn't working
- Almost got killed. 4 Times
- McDonalds' closes at 10:00 pm. Guess who entered McMurray at 10:00 without any food?! D:
- Shower doesn't work
- Smells like cheese.

Positive:
- Cable :3
- Friend Linda is showering me with love
- Actually got to watch the Daily Show
- Watching the Daily Show ticked off my mom
- Oh wait, don't care what she thinks
- Hungry for Cheese

All in All, if you had the choice of coming to Fort McMurray and death, I'd take the chicken.

DaWacko said:
Well speed...there is hockey thread but noooo... you canucks always need to bring it up in here :rolleyes:

Yeah it's true and I realize it's part of our 'culture' (If you can call it that) and I hear enough about hockey at school and I stay out of the hockey thread here so...Me no likey hockey.

Yes I am complaining. I dislike it. All my fellow canucks can talk about hockey all they want. I suppose I probably had a point to what I was going to say....I suppose my point was, I agree with you Ducky. ;)

-I'm sorry about your trip Palm. I wouldn't want to be suck in a car for 5 hours either.

oh i despise hockey. although i was able to pay attention to the olympic finals without being horribly bored. i think its because i have no appreciation for the fighting. i dont get the whole 'you took the puck so im going to punch you in the face and get away with it' do not even get me started on ber-whatever his name is :mad: when my grandpa played in the 40s and 50s he got teased because he was one of a few players who actually wore a helmet :lol: hes still got a pretty crooked nose from being broken so many times. he actually got called up to play for the leafs in one of the stanley cup finals (45 or 48, i cant remember) but was pissed off since he got paid $50 a game and the leafs won it four straight :lol:

a few things that are bugging me recently:
is it just ontario (or more specifically london and area) that has laws against bicycles on the sidewalks? i was listening to the radio while driving to work the other day and they were interviewing a police officer who said their priority was to crack down on cyclist who break the law (on the sidewalk, running red lights, not having a bell or horn) and im thinking 'you gotta be kidding me, this is a priority?' i know for a fact a convenience store owner was busted for selling oxycontin from his store a few weeks ago is back on the streets but heaven forbid a person rides their bike on the sidewalk. sorry, i like to rant. i dont like sharing the road with cyclist, i always feel like im going to hit them. i feel it would be safer for everybody if they didnt have to be on the road.

one more 'priority' i think is funny. did anyone else hear about harpers crack down on street racers? while i agree its completely stupid and dangerous to be doing things like this, i was laughing when they showed the racing cars being crushed on the news. life in prison for street racing? and holmoka is out after just over a decade? canada sure knows how to handle to most dangerous of criminals... :rolleyes:

First on the hockey issue. If they would play the game and not fight it might be ok. Also they play what 84 games to only eliminate 4-6 teams and then they take 2 months to play the playoffs. Too much time is spent on hockey in this country particularily in the Toronto area. Can't speak for the rest of this country.

On the street racing issue. If the courts would PUNISH these people instead of slapping them on the wrists maybe the politicans wouldn't have to try and pass legislation to make street racing illegal. My husband like to say it is better to kill somebody with your car because you will only spend 2-3 years, if that, in jail as oppose to the 10-15 years you might spend in jail if you shot some one. The courts also need to stop giving people time off for the time they served while waiting for their trail. I know there is alot of street racing in the Markham area and the police are usually out most nights to deal with this problem.

I think it is illegal to ride your bike on the sidewalk here in Markham and I do see most people riding their bikes on teh road but most people don't obey the stops signs. I don't know if the police crack down on this but when I ride my bike I do ride on teh road. The sidewalks are for pedistrains not bikes

Watching the beginning of the Hockey game in Edmonton this evening.. and who do I see? HARPER IN THE CROWD! :lol: That's what I call Albertan dedication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back