'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I'm not nice at all. *shifty eyes* ..Okay I lied. :lol:

You know, we probably have this stereotype of us being nice because well...We are nice. We're just so laid back.

Yeah, especially the ones who robbed the BMO downstairs for the second day in a row today! And it was robbed last week too! :eek:

No. We're just constantly apologizing in a passive agressive way which is really a thinly veiled criticism.

At least I do.

And the only other programs offered at my school in tends of language are: Japanese, German, and French.
No Spanish :\

My high school offered French, Spanish & Italian. I think the only reason Italian was a course because 60% of my school population were Italian and the majority of teachers were Italian too. I did want to take Spanish at one point...

i did french until grade 11, i would have done it in 12 too but had no room in my schedule with all the maths and sciences. i was really good at it too, but the teacher was amazing. for some reason my class in grade 11 only had 11 students (i had it second semester, the first semester class had 30, i dont know why they didnt do 20/20) although i found people took advantage of how nice she was, shed accept any assignments up until the last day of school and not dock late marks. ive pretty much forgotten all my french, but i wish i hadnt. my friend is doing languages at university and is bilingual now, im jealous :lol:

Well I hate to admit it but French was the only subject I failed in high school and I failed it in grade 10. We started taking french when I was in grade 6. I now feel it was far to late in life to be learning another language. Alot of schools in my neighbourghood started in kindergarten.

i did grade 1-4 in catholic school and switched to public for grade 5. in public school they started french in 4th grade, so i was way ahead of the other kids. i dont know if it was the head start, but it came very easy to me. i didnt like to speak it but i liked to write it and do grammar. strange i know. funny thing is it went as quickly as it came :lol:

I didn't do good in french. 4 years and I can barely say "je'mapelle Amanda" or whatever without getting someone offended.

jorja_fan86 said:
My high school offered French, Spanish & Italian.
In high school, we had to take French in grade 8 and then we could choose to take another one if we wanted. My school offered French, Spanish, Punjabi, Mandarin, Japanese and...I think that's it.

I took french in grade 7, and dropped it after a year. I just couldn't stand my teacher, mean and stuff.. Anyway, we can take French as an extra curricular activity, so we can drop it whenever we want to...

Point to note, I am not in Canada tho... I am in Hong Kong, so my primary languages are English and Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin). Now I am trying to learn Spanish.

BabaOReilly said:
^^^ Where's your school? I'm looking for permanent employment... ;)

it's in Saskatchewan....i really doubt that you would want to move there!!...unless you've lived there your whole life...even though i wanna move the first chance i get...its very flat....very VERY flat. and BORING. Is it bad to dislike your own province?? The only cool thing about it is its name....i love the name. 'Saskatchewan' just sounds so cool....

i have one question thats on everybodys mind in edmonton just this one question and we will get back on track

?if you are a hockey fan do you think the oilers will win the SC?

they are sucking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back