'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
jorja_fan86 said:

:lol: I knew I was wrong. Everytime I'm mad at my siblings I always go "Ferme la bouche" but it sucks 'cause they know what it means...

instead of "ferme ta bouche" just say "ta gueule" :D which mean the same but it's harsh :D

I said "Women the mouth". Oh god it sounds like something a person would say if they spoke broken English.

that's hilarious lol i know what you mean about multicultured country, here in France it's the same, this year it was the Brazil year, everything in here was about brazil culture etc...next eyar it will be India year :d

ziggystarduzt said:
Awww, come on sissi, I need the practice :D

We say 'ta gueule' here too though!

lol we all should lol even French people lol you probably talk better than some people in here lol i will teach you the good french :d

lol "ta gueule" is better :p you know other bad words?

C'est tres bien! J'suis votre etudiant! M'enseignez!
And thanks a lot.. it's been years since I've really spoken French constantly. Aside from with my best friend, who refuses to speak English when she's drunk :D

I don't know too many.. I learned most of my French in school.. but I know the usuals (here at least)- "sacremerde", "au diable"... please, by all means add!

Je suis ravie de pouvoir t'enseigner la fabuleuse langue qu'est le français :D see that's the good french :D i'm glad to teach french, i love language :p

"sacremerde", "au diable".

oh that's not harsh lol "sacremerde"= you mean "sac à merde" lol well i can teach you "sale conne", "salope" , "pute" etc lol but that's pretty harsh lol that's not the kind f words you sue on a polite conversation :D

Please ziggystarduzt could you give some typical Quebec french expressions ?
I've heard it's more poetic than french, like 'tomber en amour' for ex.

* A non Canadian stepping here *
I just finished my French lessons this year and now I'm afraid to lose what I have learnt for not practising it.
You know,a foreign language is not as riding a bike,if you don't use it you lose it. :(

*Insert cautious optimisim* You realize if I was a teacher, Some kid would already be "Missing".
Anyhoo. What school did I go to? Short answer: a horrible one. Correct Answer: One where the teachers tried to jam as much information they could into your body to "Prepare you for High school."
Which they didn't.

And the only French word I know is "Graham au Miel" and "Triscuit". Which are just names of food.

* A non Canadian stepping here *
I just finished my French lessons this year and now I'm afraid to lose what I have learnt for not practising it.
You know,a foreign language is not as riding a bike,if you don't use it you lose it.

**hugs Hormiga**not sure about that ;) i mean see i didn't learned spanish for two years now, since i'm on university and i have to say that i can speak spanish :d i'm not sure you will forget it cause you are spanish so a lot of spanish words looks like french ones ;)

Palm i'm sorry that your school sucked , really :(

^ It wasn't so much that it sucked. I'm sure there are people in here who had a hell of a lot worse time. I just didn't think it was important that I learn about Economy in the States. I mean, I learned everything I needed to know about Supply and Demand from the Daily Show. I didn't exactly need a Week's course on how if I buy a CD for $25, it's that price because there's a low Demand for that CD.

Which technically encourages me to sell my soul to iTunes for $.99 than for $25 to Wal-Mart.

And I guess, but the looks of things, My school is the only one who didn't offer Spanish but replaced that with Japanese. *sighs* Now I'll never know what Bumblebee man says on the Simpsons...

And I guess, but the looks of things, My school is the only one who didn't offer Spanish but replaced that with Japanese. *sighs* Now I'll never know what Bumblebee man says on the Simpsons...

waouh except Japanese, what other language they offered?

I just didn't think it was important that I learn about Economy in the States.

i didn't find the word in english but i think you will understand that : it 's what we called " la suprémacie des USA" which means they are everywhere, even if we don't need (want) them :D (no offense :d)

the high school i went to was pretty bad, education wise. Well in the area's concerning social studies and english. I mean, i just finished my first year of university, and when i took my first university level english class....i thought i was gonna die...or at least cry. I had no idea what my teacher was talking about, during the first week of lectures...and it was ENGLISH. Then to deepen the blow, everyone in my class sounded so much more educated than me....and in my high school i was an honor roll student...eek.
Luckily i passed the class.....but my grammar still really sucks. I think my old high school needs some new English teachers.......

i love canada...its awesome!!

and just so all you non canadians kno i NEVER say eh...my mom does tho ....all of the time! and why do people think that all canadians are soooooo nice i mean some of us are down right bitchy(not including me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back