'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....what school are you going too? Cuz i'm pretty sure i never learned that much!!! :eek:
unless....well...i could have been sleeping through my classes. meh.

GRRRR
stupid oilers lost again :mad:
like i care :lol:

hey when you go into edmonton have ever been to the part of downtown that reminds you of bamff, people are walking around, street preformers, i sware i saw a lady dancing bare feet :p

but i really have to ask to the people who live in edmonton or live near edmonton, dont we have alot of wal-marts, theres one once you come out of sherwood park :lol:

I typed a really long answer to you, Palm, and it DIDN'T WORK. Suffice to say, these were my main points:
1. Totally agree with you.
2. Had crappy French immersion education.
3. Cool story about Dutch Priness born in Canada, hospital wing declared Dutch soil, still is, tulips, blahblah. i'm too lazy to repeat it all.
I think Holland and Canada are friends, and that is cool.

I saw the Oilers lost again.. one more, and they're outta there. Poor Edmonton.

Once I got mugged in Edmonton. Now it scares me a lot.

Palm you should totally be a history teacher. People would actually listen.

Personally, I'm more interested in learning about how Canada was shaped then finding out about other countries. Sure, it's nice to know something about the US or Russia but dammit I wanna learn something about the beautiful country I live in.

waouh lol i think that's weird you know, i mean the fact that you don't learn anythign about your own story ...Here in France we use to study our story, coupled to the world story, of course WW1 and WW2 are studied, but that's normal since we were totally implicated ... but you know, we had never learn any single thing about Canada, and that's too bad, they keep boring us with the American story, and well, we absolutely DONT CARE!!!! fortunately we learned stuff about Africa and Asia but Canada..nothing and i think that' a shame

Vous habitez en France? Wow. Mon francais est tres rouille, et c'est la francais du Quebec, alors j'espere qu'il est vraiment different que la langue au France.. mais ma meilleure amie vient due Montreal, et elle me corrige frequement :D
L'immersion Francais est beaucoup plus comme "l'immersion du Quebec"... ils ne sont pas m'educe sur l'histoire du Canada ou du Terre- seulement sur 'histoire du Quebec, et a fois du France. sigh.

svp me corrige! Je ne veux pas oublie mon education Francais!

Woah, reading that totally blew my mind. I wish I could understand it 'cause I totally forget how to speak French :lol:. Maybe I'll take Canadian history as a course next term at college...

lol. Translation:
You live in France? Wow. My French is very rusty, and it's Quebec French, so I would guess it's very different from the language in France. However, my best friend is from Montreal, and she often corrects me. French immersion is basically "Quebec immersion"... they don't teach us about Canadian history or Earth history. Just Quebec history, and occasionally that of France.
Please correct me! I don't want to forget my French education.

And Jorja, shouldn't you be sleeping? It's like, 330 here! ;D

I'm waiting for the South Korea-Togo football match to start. I've only missed two World Cup matches and if I go to bed now I know I won't get up 'cause I'm lazy like that.

Anyway, the only French I remember is "Femme le bouche". I'm not even sure if that's correct :lol:.

Awwww, you big football lovin' football lover :D I can't get too invested in it, myself. I don't even know who's playing. *sigh* Not a sporty girl.

Ferme la bouche = shut up. :D

My dad played profesional football so it runs in the blood. Even though Greece isn't qualified I still have world cup fever...

:lol: I knew I was wrong. Everytime I'm mad at my siblings I always go "Ferme la bouche" but it sucks 'cause they know what it means...

ziggystarduzt said:
Vous habitez en France? Wow. Mon francais est tres rouille, et c'est la francais du Quebec, alors j'espere qu'il est vraiment different que la langue au France.. mais ma meilleure amie vient due Montreal, et elle me corrige frequement :D
L'immersion Francais est beaucoup plus comme "l'immersion du Quebec"... ils ne sont pas m'educe sur l'histoire du Canada ou du Terre- seulement sur 'histoire du Quebec, et a fois du France. sigh.

svp me corrige! Je ne veux pas oublie mon education Francais!

lol i want talk to you in french but im afraid you won't understand everything lol you are right quebec french and our french in here isn't the same but still a beautiful language :p i guess on the last aprt you mean that french history is coupled to the Quebec history and they don't teach you Canadian story, but only quebec one and since quebec and france had an history together, you have to elarn french history too lol tell me if im wrong lol and actually i think your french is not that bad ;) wellt here always some mistakes but french is ahrd to learn :)

oh and jorja i guess you mean "ferme ta bouche" which mean "shut up" in french cause what you said means "women the mouth" :D

So did my dad. Except by football, what I mean is rugby. :D I pretend to like it for his benefit, if that counts!

I'll teach you some evil French slang they won't get! Ha!

:lol: I said "Women the mouth". Oh god it sounds like something a person would say if they spoke broken English.

I like the fact that Canada is so multi-cultured. Like, we have people from every country come here. I always loving going to various fests like the Jamacian(sp) fest such and partying with people of different backgrounds who have come to such a beautiful country.

:lol: Teach me ziggystarduzt. I'd probably screw it up though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back