'Just a bunch of hosers, eh!' ~ Canadian Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where that Duck went.. My skills in Finnish Duck Hunting are getting rusty :lol:

As for Canada Day though, I have NO CLUE what I am doing. Probably relaxing at home as usual.

Yeah, quickbeam, they have little gnomes everywhere, too! Faaaantastic. It's like. GNOME LAND! I think their head spokesgnome is named Happy Hans, if I recall correctly. Gotta love that. ;)

As for Canada Day.. hmm.. It varies from year to year, I guess. Last year I was working and we had a BBQ. I usually go to the municipal celebrations and watch fireworks and stuff. I don't know what I'll do this year... anyone know of any particularly fantastic celebrations

(and yes, Jorja, I already read about the Greek fest opening on Canada day ;))

^ :lol: I wasn't even gonna bring that up but ok heh. I dunno, I think I'll probably do a google search or read the local paper to see what's happening on Canada Day.

Predictions for the Edmonton Canada Day celebration:
Same as last year. Fireworks. Riot. Spilled Beer. And one lonely crying child.

And I can't believe how nice it is out today. I can see blue sky! Someone call a reporter!

"FORT MCMURRAY, Alberta - Huge mines here turning tarry sand into cash for Canada and oil for the United States....
...proliferated at gold-rush speed, spurred by high oil prices, new technology and an unquenched U.S. thirst for the fuel.
...which have helped make Canada the largest supplier of oil to the United States...
When the oil sands became recognized as economically viable in 2003, Canada suddenly emerged as holder of the world's second-largest oil reserves, behind Saudi Arabia..
The United States already is counting on Canada to help wean it from oil from the Middle East. Other countries are eyeing the wealth; China has invested in two mining companies and a pipeline to move oil from Alberta to shipping ports on the Pacific.
Sources: MSNBC

And newscasters in the United States said they didn't need Canada. Now, the proof is out! Mwahahahaha!
Ah. And that's the extent of my patriotism of the day...
*goes back to playing 'Spank the Monkey'*

That's a good idea, actually... we should establish a new Canada Day tradition: The Finnish Duck Hunt.

BabaOReilly said:
That's a good idea, actually... we should establish a new Canada Day tradition: The Finnish Duck Hunt.

^ Folks, if I were you...I'd run before Ducky gets here :lol:

BabaOReilly said:

:D :lol: We should have that tradition etched in stone actually. Make it a permanent one. :p

Oh, so there is a Finnish Duck on the boards eh? *goes off to find* :D

BabaOReilly said:

Is this revenge for hunting Canadian Goose? Gosh, those make trouble around here.

*shoves hockey stick to Baba's.... better side*

I'd watch out what I say if I were you...

I solemnly vow, as a good Canadian citizen, not to hunt any Finnish ducks, and to protect those Finnish ducks that are experiencing peril at the hands of other, less kind Canadians. *steps in front of Ducky*

*Grabs a big stick*

I'm not sure how I'm planning to hunt the Finnish ducks with this giant stick, but it's Canada so it's not like I have a gun.

*Puts on Elmer Fudd hat and hides in the bushes waiting for THE Finnish duck to make her first mistake*

:p

ziggystarduzt said:
I solemnly vow, as a good Canadian citizen, not to hunt any Finnish ducks, and to protect those Finnish ducks that are experiencing peril at the hands of other, less kind

Jeeze, who knew we Canadians were such kiss-asses! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back