Jorja/Sara Tough As Nails Thread 4.

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Roosey, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

Yeah it is very inspirational to find someone so passionate about something, and they don't let anything tell them otherwise, especially in a society such as the one we're in now where so many people are still given a hard time if they don't believe the "norm". I really admire and look up to Jorja's beliefs and actions too.

2. gsrLOVE

gsrLOVE Pathologist

Jorja is definitely an inspiration. I think it's just her natural nature to be... the way she is. So many woman look up to her, and (I totally mean this in a good way!) is there a specific reason why? I mean, I know she is so passionate about everything, so honest, so amazing.. But what makes you want to become a vegetarian? How does he inspire you besides being herself? I guess there is my answer. To see this big star so "normal" and heartfilled just makes you want to be a better person. That likely made little sense.. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, or Jorja.. Cause I think she's one of the most awesome people on this planet. I think it's amazing what she does, what she stands up for.. And it just makes her, her.

But, along with this post (I am sure it is okay with Destiny.. But if not, just let us know okay Super Mod?) I think we should start thinking of some new thread names, since we are 70 posts away from 1000. This thread has been getting a lot more action (thanks to all the dedicated Jorja lovers *winks*).. So, along with any posts, lets think up of some thread names, and I will (or whoever Destiny wants, if she wants herself too) make a poll with all the thread names, and we will pick one! Anything that comes to mind. Nothing sexual, or anything of that nature :)

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Thinking of names is fine (just remember not to let it dominate the thread), the poll part usually doesn't work because alot of times people miss it and then complain because they didn't get to vote, but if someone wants to keep a running list when the time comes we will pick someone to create the new thread. ;)

4. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Wow lots of Jorja lovin' going on in this thread. Normally I'd try to think of an appropriate title for the new one but I can't think right now :(

5. LemonJelly06

LemonJelly06 Lab Technician

i'm rubbish with names so I may leave it up to the more creative people and offer my vote instead. :D

I look up to Jorja cause she's doing it for all the right reasons really, loads of people do it for the publicity but Jorja really believes in what she's doing and has a genuine passion for it which is good, and i'm sure she's pretty chuffed she's inspiring other people too. :)

6. SaraSidle_girl

SaraSidle_girl Pathologist

I got one guess...

Jorja; the beauty behind the smile

Just my idea..

7. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

Good luck to everyone who is a vegetarian or is trying to become a vegetarian. I almost gave in and ate meat but then I thought WWJD, what would Jorja Do and that stopped me from eating meat.

8. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I'm a vegetarian, though not a very strict one because there aren't a lot of things I eat and I still like chicken once in a while.

I guess I'll start thinking WWJD in future :D

9. SaraSidle_girl

My mom looked at me all wierd tonight when I refused to eat the meat she had for diner. I just got my potatoes and my veggies and skipped the meat. And she was like "wtf are you doing?!" And I looked at her and said "doing what I think is right for me to do"

For the past few months I have been thinking a lot. I did a lot of reading on Jorja's site and stuff. Did some research on the stuff that she's doing and its really fascinating to see and read what she stands for.

I wonder if Jorja knows what an inspiration she is to some people..

10. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

My mum moans at me about being vegetarian but I think it was the right decision for me to make.

My decision wasn't initially connected to Jorja but now she is an inspiration to remain meat-free :D

11. never_again

never_again Witness

I've been a veggie since before I watched CSI, but all the things Jorja has said about that has made me feel proud of being vegetarian when it's hard, ie, arranging meals and stuff.

One of my reasons for giving up meat (including fish, when I leave home, I hope I can be a vegan though) was that there is an abattoir at the end of my road and every day I see sheep being taken up there in overcrowded trucks. I just realised one day I didn't want to be a part of that.

I love vegetarian food as well! *whispers* and Jorja *grins*

12. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

Jorja and veggie food...
    I like that thought :D

13. quoth_the_raven

quoth_the_raven Corpse

I think we had a lot of other thread name suggestions earlier in this thread too, one of them being something along the lines of 'For Doubting Our Sexuality' :lol: :p

I've been a vegetarian for about six months now (my parents make me eat meat on certain occasions for protein/iron) and for the longest time it had always been an idea dancing around in my head but I think Jorja finally gave me that little push :p I live in a very agricultural town in Cali (we feed like half the world) so it's hard for me to see the animals on the farms.

She's so humble that I highly doubt it :lol: :p It's refreshing to see someone using their 'celebrity' status to try and bring more consciousness and awareness to what's going on in the world, though. You don't see that anymore.

14. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

My family doesn't know that I have become a vegetarian yet. Ithought they would guess because I have given them several hints like only eating mashed potatoes for dinner. My sister jokes and says why don't you eat hamburgers anymore, you're not becoming a vegetarian are you. I don't deny it but I don't say anything either. I told my friend but that didn't go well. She said that God put meat on the earth to eat sparingly. I believe that but I can't bring myself to eat meat. It pains me to think about where meat comes from.

15. SaraSidle_girl

'Doubting Our Sexuality' :D I am pretty damn sure about mine. Jorja reminds me of that every single day! I am as gay as I can be.

I was just thinking, if Jorja would read what an inspiration she is to us she'll probably go like "WHAT? :eek: I did that.. I mean, I am just being me here.."

Exactly. Just being Jorja. That's all it takes.

*Edit*
    I was doing some research online, mostly about animal cruelty and animal testing and I came across several lists of brands that do or don't test on animals. So I checked them out and to my horror I saw that I actually used some of the brands that test on animals. I raided my room and threw everything away that is linked to animal testing. And than I ran to the store and bought it all new but this time from a brand that doesn't test on animals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.