Jesse/Eddie #1 - 'Today's My Last Day...'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ah yes... my new reason to watch CSIM since I've been bit fading away in past two seasons.
    I think I've seen him elsewhere, but of course I know him best from Third Watch, where his character was a total jerk but looks like now the hottness has a good character to play ;)

So waiting for the next episods (and more of him without a shirt.. muahahhahha!)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, some of his other roles were: Matt Clark on Y&R. He played David Hasselhoff's sidekick (for lack of a better word) in Baywatch Nights (which was kind of a supernatural private investigator type of show). He was also on Invasion (I only watched a couple of eps of that because I found the pace too slow and boring).

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ He played an unsub on Criminal Minds, too.

I like Jesse. He seems pretty cool, and I can't wait to see where they take his character. I'm becoming a fan. :D

4. 915

915 CSI Level One

Okay so far I like Jesse, he seems like a very likable character. I just hope like some of you said he doesn't become another thing like Ray was on LV, cause I want to see everybody else to. Also I would love for Jesse and Ryan to be friends because Ryan is my favorite character and Jesse might just be my second favorite at least that seems possible from what I've seen and my impression of him so far.

5. slower

slower Lab Technician

I truly hope that a friendship developes between Ryan and Jessie. Ryan has been so battered over the past seasons, and really could use someone to be on his side for a change. :)

6. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yes it would be very good for him to have somebody on his side, Jesse and Ryan seemed like they would get along really well by watching the end of the last episode. Jesse seems to fit in really well to, which was nice to see. Okay I like Jesse more so I am glad he's joining and Eric is leaving. Now hopefully Eric fans won't kill me for saying that.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep that's exactly why I've been waiting for Jesse to come in Miami. Ryan has never had the opportunity to have a great bond with anyone. Every now & then, he always had some kind of problem with one of the CSI and in no way he & Delko could become friends b/c of the always same reason...Eric's grieve for Speed....Speed died almost 5 years ago so in the last 2 years there was no reason to betray the guy who had the misfortune to replace him! :rolleyes:.

So yep at least Jesse could treat Ryan as human being and I'm kind of hopeful they're gonna be buddies.

Yep, this is the kind of change this show needed in order to get more refreshing storylines not to mention that Ryan couldn't have always been alone without friends in the lab...for god's sake he's a human being!

Jesse is exactly what the show needed and I'm glad for TPTB's choice to replace Eric with Jesse ;)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
  8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well, so far i am really liking Jesse. He has been introduced well, and as long as they dont overdo it, he will be one of my favourites, I think. He has lots of potential (as long as it doesn't involve any gangs!) and he has lots of charm and charisma. As well as the fact he is very hot!
    I agree with what has been said about Jesse and Ryan becoming friends. It is about time Ryan had a friend in the lab, so it would be great if that could be Jesse.

9. MyMutantRomance

MyMutantRomance Witness

To me Jesse is a breath of fresh air, i think this is exactly what the show needs. And it doesn't hurt that the dude is super cute. Hopefully him and Ryan can bond and form the friendship that i feel Delko and Ryan never had.

10. 915

915 CSI Level One

Yes Jesse is a breath of fresh air like you said, and I'm really glad the writers didn't try to shove the character down our throats by making his intro take up the whole episode. A nice semi-small intro works so much better in my opinion then it being the whole focus of an episode. I hope to see him in the future episodes, just please don't let the writers give us an overload of him, that would be a good way to get people annoyed by him and not like him. Especially if took all the screen time from people's favorite character/s.

11. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I just adore Jesse!! He brings a sense of normalcy that I have never associated with the near-cartoon-ish-ness of Miami. Like what other people have said, he's just the right kind of a breath of fresh air, something different and refreshing!

I love how we don't need to hear or see Super-Jesse in every episode, the people behind Miami have truly done a good job with introducing him into the cast. Jesse is humble, kind, and charming, he's not there to play Superhero, he's a team player who is kind and generous to his teammates and doesn't feel the need to show off to prove something.

Jesse is wonderful! He's the reason why I ever decided to watch Miami (even though I swore myself I wouldn't), and what the writers/producers have done with him so far has been brilliant!

I too hope Jesse and Ryan become close friends!!! Eric and Ryan never seemed truly close, I guess Speed is still a touchy subject between them, and while Jesse may know Speed as well, there is a difference that for him, Ryan is not a replacement, he's just a new teammate and friend Jesse will come to know, there is no baggage of Speed between the two!

Miami seems to be heading to a new direction, and I hope this is a sign of more good things to come! And just like everyone else, I hope the show keeps up a good balance between character, I wouldn't want to have Jesse's character ruined by the writers making him into some superhero smarty and take away other characters' screentimes. Jesse is great and humble the way he is!

Though of course it is very understandable that this season he will most likely have a couple of big storylines to show his backstory.

12. 915

915 CSI Level One

I'm fine with having big episodes for him, as long as the writers don't over do it. We have to see on Monday if they can still balance screen time for him and the other characters to hopefully they can keep it well blanced this season. I now feel like I want to actually make the effort to watch Miami again, having missed all of the last two seasons I'm glad so far that Miami is off to a great start and seem to be doing a good job with Jesse's intro.

Talk about a rotten first day though. :lol:

13. slower

slower Lab Technician

I agree with the majority on Jessie being a good fit for the team. But, this is not the Eddie/Jessie show and every promo since the first epi., has him in it as the lead. Is this going to be a season pattern. I hope not. I have not tuned in all these years to see some of my favorites pushed into the background. If this is the case, all I can say is shame on you producers and writers. :(

Sorry guys, just had to vent. :)

14. 915

915 CSI Level One

Vent away, and hey if they make Jesse the lead on too many episodes and push my favorite character into the background more I will not like Jesse as much. Let's hope the writers can take a lesson from LV's mistakes and not focus on making one character have most of the limelight and pushing everybody else back in the process.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh well I guess they're just promoting him as a replacement for Adam. Let's not forget he has to replace a guy who's been on the show for more than 7 years.

I do think it's just a matter of promotion, but I really don't see them focusing too much on his character. At least that's my gut feeling...hope I'm right ;)