It's just a chick thing [Girl Talk!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mini_Catherine, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Roosey

Roosey Captain

Oh, I so know that feeling.

2. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

I can't go anywhere without wearing mascara. :lol: It makes a big difference to my face. I also wear foundation and a bit of eye shadow, if I don't I just look washed out. I don't have the type of complexion to go bare faced in public, I also feel far too naked. :lol:

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Wow, I almost feel boring compared to you guys :lol: Maybe I'd better start putting on make up more often :lol:

4. JayneEmilysRealm

JayneEmilysRealm Judge

Don't worry wibble, I'm a no-make-up person! :D I think people look prettier without makeup.

5. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

^I think that strongly depends on who you are talking about. But generally I agree, too much make up hides who you are. It can be flattering and make one look real good, but I'm more of a natural girl as well.
    Except for the mascara of course :p

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i used to wear makeup every day in high school, not foundation or anything, just eye make up and gloss. but now that im in university im far too lazy :lol: i have just enough time to shower and eat before heading out the door, as ive found every extra minute of sleep counts!
    i use lots of natural colours, or purples because they pop green eyes! but i do have some crazy bright shadows that i pull out if im feeling in the right mood

7. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

^I remember the feeling from school. It's like get up, put on yesterday's clothes, grab a bite and run or you'll be late for school. Not much time to care for appearance there. 2 minutes for mascara, brushing teeth and pee. Not even time to brush my hair, I used to just put it in a bun or ponytail on my way out the door.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Makeup is rare thing for me too. Mostly when I just go to the bar... or other parties. And even then it's very light.

9. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Ya, I've never been big on makeup either - I usually just wear eye shadow and mascara.. nothing else. Unless I'm really lazy, tired, or running late! then I just go natural - which isn't horribly noticable!

10. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

i cant wait till my mom lets me get my eyelashes tinted, it'll mean i dont have to wear mascara anymore

11. wibble

wibble Corpse

Does anyone else find that mascara dries up pretty quickly, and before you know it, you need a new one? I mean, even if I screw the top on really tight, it still does it. Then you have to pay at least £8 to get a decent mascara that doesn't clump when you put it on and has a decent brush, etc. Bleh, make-up gets such an expensive habit - no wonder I hardly bother anymore :p

And thanks Jayne, good to know I'm not that boring after all :lol:

12. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

^my sister says thats to do with when you have the brush out and doing your eyelashes......you're meant to keep the top covered at all times.....something like that

13. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

^I'm buying one of the cheapest there is, because I believe it's not worth spending money on. Mine are usually empty before they dry out though...

14. grissoms_gurl

grissoms_gurl Coroner

Ya, I find that too! Even though I buy mascara that says it won't dry out and won't clump.. it still does!!

15. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I never wear makeup. It actually makes me feel self-concious. I used to do dance and drama and stuff, so the only makeup I'm used to doing is stage makeup, not regular everyday stuff, so when I do, I feel self-concious because I'm all like, is it too much? not enough?. When I was in Jr high, and I wasn't allowed to wear makeup, I'd wait until my mom went to work and put on some eyeshadow.
    If I'm going to a special event like a wedding or something, I can usually find someone else to do my makeup for me.
    Also, I'm just far to lazy and like sleeping in to much to wear makeup!