It's just a chick thing [Girl Talk!]

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mini_Catherine, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

It's just a chick thing,
    You ought to let it go.
    And try to understand that you don't have a clue.

That's what girls do.
    They keep you guessin' the whole day through.
    Play your emotions, push all your buttons, it's true.
    That's what girls do.

:lol: Hello, ladies! I finally snapped and went through with my idea to start up this thread. A place for girl talk. Because, frankly, dears, we need one. And I'm not talkin' about the.. ugly stuff ;). I'm talkin' everything from makeup and hair, to guys! From embarrasing moments to comforting stories about our fluffy lovelives and all that jazz. So, poor your heart out, girlies! :)

To start off, has anyone here found that lately, girls are getting sterotyped worse than ever. I mean, come on! Not all girls want to be in a relationship, or make out with guys in the hall between periods. I'm 13, and some people put so much pressure on me to go out with the guys in my school, and kiss and make out and stuff, and it's IMPOSSIBLE to have a boyfriend with out being pressured. So I just totally gave it up.

And speaking of sterotypes, it's impossible to love yourself if you're not prefect. If you have big boobs, big butt, small waist and a pretty face, plus a.. for a lack of a better word, slutty (no offense to anyone) attitude about how far you're going to go with a guy, you're totally loved. And I'm a complete oppisite. Okay, well, I suppose I have a pretty face, but other than that, I'm.. Okay, and a flat stomach, tiny waist and.. fair sized booty. But I don't do it all. So, you're views?!

2. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

i am the epitomy of perfection! lol no not really, but i think its terrible that in the society we live in today i'm 14 and i want to be prettier. i think thats terrible in myself, but hey thats me...honest to the core! i think you're right...to a certain extent. while there is some pressure on girls of our age to get boyfriends and seem 'attatched' there isnt an awful lot. many girls just choose not to, unless they actually like the boy....and then you got the sluts (no offense intended) who go from boy to boy each week. having said all that, i do, infact have a boyfriend. but he doesnt go to the same school as me and if he did i wouldnt make out with him in the corridor.

3. Mini_Catherine

Mini_Catherine CSI Level One

I think that's really responsible. I had a boyfriend, and we kissed on the lips once before he broke it off with me because he, too, realized there was too much pressure. But then again, he's just a jerk now. And by jerk, I mean a typical guy now a days. You know, can be nice off to the side, but infront of his friends, he's a total ass. ;)

4. Elbystar

Elbystar Rookie

lol i know waaaaaay too many guys like that...my last boyfriend (before this one...jeez i sound like a slut) was a total jerk but i got my own back by hacking into his bebo account (anybody got bebo here?) and changing it all around, including '3 things not to do to your girlfriend'. that was so much fun, and i was not AT ALL bitter!

5. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Erm... I don't think 13 yrs old need to have bf/gf. Yeah, you are teens but still. I don't see it's weird if you don't have one.

Back in my days :p it was rare if you had bf/gf and it was mostly like "som...ummmmm.... would you be my bf? Gee, we hold hands" and it was just more "liking" and not so serious "dude, you are my bf and you cannot talk to the other girls!"

Anyways. when you are 13, no need to think of those relationships so much.

6. GrissCathfan

GrissCathfan Rookie

well in my skool there's basically no limit 2 wat u can do as long as u do it where a teacher cnt c u. there's even students that have had sex in our skool!!! OMG! im 1 of those girls that r shy n a relationship & I would like 4 a guy 2 make the 1st move. i do like 2 b lovey dovey juss not 2 the point 2 where's its sickning! I like 2 hold hands, hug & mayb kiss every once in a while, but im not gonna make out in the middle of the hall 4 n e body! lol!

7. drummergurll

drummergurll Police Officer

i went with the "i kissed dating goodbye" approch in high school...didn't plan on getting married right out of high school so i saw no point in dating...

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I agree with you there Ducky. And it's the same thing that happened in my school. All these little girls were going out with these little boys and holding hands and kissing, but really they only did it so they could be the most 'popular' person/couple in their grade.

It was all because of peer pressure, and basically all the pressures from society that say you have to be practically married to someone, even if you're barely old enough to go to the store by yourself. :rolleyes: (I'm not saying 13 year olds can't go to the store by themselves or date if they want, but as a general idea of kids from the ages of 12-16)

Besides, being a teen/kid is short so enjoy it while it lasts. You don't need to grow up so fast, so don't worry about relationships when you're only 13. (But if you want to do that, don't let me stop you. It's your life. :))

9. wibble

wibble Corpse

I agree about the peer pressure at that age to have a bf. When I was 13, my closest friend (or so I thought) came over to me one day at school and said "**** has dumped you". Me: "Erm...didn't even know I was going out with him" :rolleyes:

Like Geni said, I think kids that age should be enjoying their life, not worrying about whether they have bf/gf or not.

I know I was never worried about getting a bf, despite how much the other girls around me would prattle on about boys, or flirt with them across the classroom.

I waited til I found someone I really actually liked, which happened to be when I was 15. One day I finally had the courage to say "do you wanna go out somewhere at the weekend?" :eek: :lol: and we've been together ever since (now over 5 years).

But yes, girls are stereotyped in lots of ways. I worry about being stereotype blonde sometimes :rolleyes: :lol:

10. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Ugh.

I'm 17, almost 18, and I've never had a real boyfriend. I had one for about a month, come to find out he only went with me to get closer to my thin and pretty friend. So that was an eye-opener.

I don't know. At my high school, things operate in the sense that the pretty girls get asked out and flirted with, and anyone else is stuck being single. I hate going to school some days because I walk down the hall and hear guys whispering things behind my back. I remember one guy who asked me why I bothered wearing makeup when I was so ugly that nothing short of a plastic surgeon could do anything good with my appearence. Another guy told me that I was a fat cow that no one would ever want to touch.

The girls can be even worse. I used to be really short (and I mean REALLY short, like 4'11) and I used to hear girls calling me a midget. Saying that I better have nice hair, since all anyone ever noticed was the top of my head. Now that I've grown a foot(and I do mean A FOOT) they call me a beast. It seems like I can't win.

It also doesn't help that my best friends are all thin and beautiful. Most of them have been pursued by more guys then they can count and could have thier pick of any guy at our school. Meanwhile, every time I've tried to ask out or even chat up a guy, I've been given the "I see you as more of a friend." speech OR been flat-out laughed at.

This year we had our senior prom, and I didn't get asked to dance all night. I danced with my friends during the fast songs and the one time I asked a guy to slow dance, he told me he was sitting that song out. 30 seconds later he asked a prettier girl. So that sucked.

I mean, I don't get it. Why is it so hard to be a girl? My friends all tell me that I'm beautiful and that the guys around here are afraid to talk to me, but I honestly think they're just trying to make me feel better, because like I said, every time I ask guys out, they laugh at me.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/madgeorge/GProm1-1.gif
    ^^
    Prom Pic

Sorry for the rant, but I needed to let that out.

11. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

*hugs madgeorge*

By the way, you really do look stunning in that photograph. If people can't see that, then it's their problem. :)

But it seems I have a similar problem. (Not that I'm searching for a boyfriend) I don't think I'm very attractive, I don't think one guy has actually ever spoken to me unless it was for a school project, and all my friends are being paired off left and right. :rolleyes: It seems a girl just can't win sometimes.

However, I don't feel that I need some guy to make me happy. (In all honesty, guys pretty much always remain immature no matter what we think. No offense intended to guys, I guess it's a female perspective) But of course, it wouldn't kill one to have some sort of companionship during the grueling abyss that is highschool. (And for some, junior high) :p

12. kazzy

kazzy Head of the Swing Shift

I once went out with a boy when I was 8. Only went out with him cos he had the same last name as me so we thought we were destined to be together... :rolleyes: :lol:

13. pretty_in_pink

pretty_in_pink Lab Technician

I'm 13 and there's this guy I really like but, I can't manage to be brave enough to ask him out. We have known each other a long time (childhood friends) and I don't want to be with him just to be with him, you know. I think he's actually really nice and smart and cute and funny and not shallow......the list goes on. We are in 5 classes together and it is really killing me because I want to tell him but, I'm afraid I will look like a complete idiot if he says no and that our friendship will be over and I don't know if I want to risk it. Advice?

14. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Haha Kazzy, something like that happened to me when I was 5.

There was a boy in my class called George and our MOMS went nuts and starting pairing us off. They actually bought us matchy outfits and coordinated everything. Creepy.

And thanks speed_cochrane I appreciate that, :)

15. feenx

feenx Coroner

kungfuprincess96 Im going thru that same situation. I’ve known my friend since we where babies, but I don’t have the courage to tell him too. I don’t want to lose him as a friend that and he has a girlfriend :(