If Grissom Leaves After 2007 **NO Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If Grissom Leaves After 2007

yea we gotta do smtg and musnt let billy leave the show...but if it is his will, no point forcing him. coz if u ask me, if billy leaves the show, the ratings of the show will DEFINITELY DROP tremendously. must well close the whole damn show like that. We have to do smtg to let billy know that he musnt leave the show. (or maybe tell his agent...hehe...)

GrissomFREAK said:
Destiny said:
True? Not true? Tis the question only WP can answer if only he/they would makeup their freaking minds. :lol:
Well, we can help them make their minds ... right guys? :D

DON'T (LET HIM) LEAVE! :D

I feel the same.. but red flags :eek: :mad:..
He bought a new home in Chicago!!!
He's doing theater now, and has signed up to do more next summer, at his beloved Remains Theater!!
He's almost 54, and wants to do other things!!!
And just possibly he and his wife want to have a baby!! (my take}
He's tired of the rigorous schedule!!
He's already makes $500,000 an episode, so I don't think more money has any interest for him!!
And he's not signed up for S/8..has he? so we'll see!!
I wish him the best and hope he does what he wants ;)and if you really admire and respect and adore him.. we can all follow him, in whatever undertakings are next in his life!!

If Grissom there will be no show with out grissom the CSI team is incomplete and it wouldn't be in the same and it would be wierd with out grissom on the show same with all the others I think CSI team has to keep the same but they can get more cast to join the team but hope they don't lose a CSI

I will continue to watch CSI if Grissom leaves, but it just won't be the same. he's too big of a factor.

RE

I think I will still watch CSI if he leaves just to see how the show does, but I do agree it won't be the same without Grissom.

Yes, I agree that CSI wil change if Billy Petersen leaves, all the same I see the show as a team effort and like any winning team, if you break them up, there's going to be difficulties in staying in first place; to use a sports metaphor. Think of the actors in CSI as a bridge made from large, strong stones that support each other as well as keep the bridge in place, remove one of the stones and the bridge will likely collapse onto itself. This might happen then again it might not. We have to wait and see what the producers and writers do for the next seasons
I'll miss BP terribly, because he was the major reason for my watching to begin with; the science aspect was a close second. Having said that, I wish him all the luck in the world with whatever he chooses to do. I hope that he does some movies as well as theatre so we who don't live in Chicago can still enjoy his wonderous talent.
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is what if TPTB at Alliance/Atlantis kill off the character of Gil Grissom? That would make me angry enough to stop watching the show entirely, because my cynical gut-feeling is that producers Shmuckheimer & Meddlesome are vindictive enough to do exactly that. Even though they'd be "cutting off their noses to spite their faces".
Sigh, William Petersen has to be so sweet that we would miss him this badly. Bummer. :(
P.S. Isn't theatre work just as strenuous and tiring as television? There's certainly no chance of retakes and one has really pour out the emotions to be effective onstage, whereas on camera you have to hold back the emotions somewhat because of the 'intimacy' of television.

I don't think CSI will be the same show after this, but I think if the TPTB got inventive for a change, they could re-do the show in another format.

Sure it won't be as high up on the ratings as the current one, but at least we could finally see what the other cast members besides Billy and Marge have to offer the fans. Right now we hardly see the other characters at all. And I think they each bring something unique to the show, but because Billy gets the biggest chunk of the pie, there's not much left for them.

Although knowing TPTB they will probably bring some other big name in and try to do the same show without Billy.

havent episodes with little or no grissom had some of the higher ratings in the past? look at gum drops last year, no grissom and probably the best of the season. and then spellbound that was pretty much only grissom was horrible. theres lots of variation in the quality of the show and quantity of grissom. for me, it shows the quality of the show is not dependant on grissom.

when and if grissom leaves, dont worry about replacing him. work with what you got and the show will be fine. for me personally, the character of grissom has been ruined over the past few seasons. he used to be fun a quirky but is now brooding and sulky. i think i said before, have grissom leave on his own terms. dont have him fired, that wouldnt do justice to the character.

it for sure will be a different show, but im reserving judgement as to whether it will be a good bad or neutral thing.

I completely agree that the show as a whole is wonderful. But, I watch primarily because of WP and by doing so, have discovered the equally delightful talents of the rest of the cast. As I mentioned previously, the CSI cast is a team. As such it can be difficult to lose a member of the team and like it or not WP is, in this case, the quarterback to this team. He's the glue that currently holds them together. Just like his character Grissom is the same to the CSI's. I personally would love to see Marg Helgenbeger move her character into the head of night shift since that would make a lot more sense than bringing in a completely new person to the group and possibly ruin the personal dynamic that already exists among the CSI's/actors.
Therein lies the trouble with any television program; the viewers start to care about the show and it's characters, tend to expect them to be there from start to finish. Only to be disappointed when someone leaves for greener pastures. Only reasonable since that's what acting is about, playing a variety of roles to keep the love of the craft fresh and interesting to the performer. We can only hope that things work out well for both the show and the cast in the future.

If I can survive Miami without Speed, I can survive Vegas without Grissom.

I honestly dont' think Grissom/Billy leaving is that big of a deal. The show can continue without him.

Thing is I wouldn't want the show to be the same if William left, because it wouldn't be he is part of the dynamic that makes it a ensemble cast, so if he does decide to not return I would expect the show to be different, and adjustments will have to be made on the part of both the powers that be and the fans.

If Grissom leaves I think this will be LV's final season and it'll be cancelled. *wipes away tear* It isn't CSI without Gil.

CSIgirl3 said:
If Grissom leaves I think this will be LV's final season and it'll be cancelled. *wipes away tear* It isn't CSI without Gil.

I'm in total agreement..sadly :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back