If Grissom Leaves After 2007 **NO Spoilers**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If Grissom Leaves After 2007

if grissom leaves the show will be million times better.

the best ep ha dnone of him at all (gum drops)

and will make the cast much easier on the eyes without him there ruining the hotness

*Walks in and points to the title of the thread*

Apparently along the way part of it was left out I have put it back in with this post. hint look at the title in the above post and the title of this one, now you know what was left out.

*Walks back out*

I personally would love for Billy to stay, but if he isn't then, okay, yes it's gunna be hellish weird. But I could handle it.

But, saying that, I think alot of people will stop watching, and if it affects ratings too much, won't it, unfortunately, get cancelled?? Just a thought?

My biggest fear is that they will get some Grissom-wanna-be. *cringe*

If Grisom leaves... who do you think will run the lab?

I don't think CSI:LV will tank if Grissom leaves. Bill Peterson is a good actor, but it is an ensemble show...all the actors make it what it is. In fact, the last couple of seasons have seem to have less and less of Grissom in them. So, I'm looking forward to seeing what the producers come up with next. Do they promote Catherine as supervisor, or bring someone else in ?? I'll be tuning in to see.....

It has always been the whole ensemble for me. I fell in love with the cast so I fell in love with the show. If it was just the cases and the science I woudn't have to watch every single episode. That's just me though, and I think for most viewers that is not the case. As someone pointed out in another thread what sets CSI apart from the others is that it's not character-driven. To most, CSI is not all that different from CSI:Miami or CSI:NY. So my point is, if Grissom leaves, I don't think a lot of people will care that much. He might be the lead character but it's not a character-driven show. I think the only ones who will be greatly affected if he left would be a minority... like the more fanatic fans (us for instance, lol).

Some might say X-Files is one show that isn't character-driven but suffered immensely when David Duchovny [Mulder] left. But then, Mulder and Scully carried the show. Grissom alone does not carry CSI. (omigosh I'm talking in circles lol)

So anyways, I think if Grissom leaves it would open the door for opportunity to "reconstruct" the show and make it better. Kinda like what happened with CSI:NY mid-season1. Anthony Zuiker admittedly changed the whole theme of the show... made it brighter, etc. (I saw some interview regarding this, forgot where though).

I agree. Grissom doesn't carry the show. Not to say I won't miss him at all, because I really don't know yet, but I don't thing the show will suffer all that much. This opens the door for new possibilities. Who knows whats' going to happen. I for one, can't wait to see what they do with thils.

While I would be sad if Grissom left, I do believe the rest of the cast and the show in general is strong enough to move forward without him. Look at ER--they've had a total cast turn over and none of the original principals are on anymore--and yet it is still popular, though not as popular as it was in the Clooney/Edwards/LaSalle/Wylie days.

Look also at NYPD Blue. Despite the turnover in the cast, the show still kept on going. David Caruso, Jimmy Smits, Rick Schroeder and Mark-Paul Gosselaar all played a lead role on there at one point or other and the show stayed strong all the way through. Some of this was thanks to Dennis Franz, Gordon Clapp and James McDaniel who headlined the show for much of the entire run.

A promotion for Catherine, a rise in rank for Warrick and Nick, an increase in duties for Sara and Greg, and a new rookie in the field, and it could all work very nicely. Or even without a new rookie, you could expand the roles of Wendy Simms and Dave Hodges, and make Jesse Menken a more frequently recurring role like Hodges is now (and a love interest for Nick-O! :D ) and the show could move on.

Would Grissom's absence be felt? Yes.

Would the character of the show change? A little.

Would the show fail? No. The concept and other actors/characters are strong enough to absorb this loss and go forward.

I agree that Grissom's loss will be felt. I also agree that the show will go on. Grissom has been grooming the crew for his absence going all the way back to the Ellie episode. He left Warrick in charge and said, "When I'm gone there won't be any cake in the breakroom. I'll just be gone." And Grissom told Cath in another episode, "The job of any supervisor is to train someone to take his place." He's been working up to this for a long time.

I don't think they are going to kill him off. I think they will put him in a teaching position at a nearby school. That way they could have him come back for guest spots, like if they have bug problems, or something.

While I love Grissom and all his weirdness, I will continue to watch no matter what happens.

I'd give it a chance. Like a month where I MADE myself watch it no matter how depressed it made me, and judge it then.

And it depends on how they write him off - you know like if they have him move away... or take a teaching position somewhere... then I would give it a chance (he could always do a guest spot!)

But if they pulled a "Speedle" on me. Gah. I will be so mad, I'd be done. Flat out pissed off done.

BTW - I was Miami spoil free when they killed Speed. I bawled like a baby. And I haven't watched it regularly since. If I catch it, I catch it. If I don't - eh... I'm not gonna cry about it.

I don't want that to happen to LV. It's the foundation of everything I watch on TV.

well...it'd prolly make more sense if they killed grissom (in my opinion) because then they wont have to deal with the GSR afterwards. see, if they moved grissom to a teaching position or something, then having all of that GSR would be kinda pointless and that'd just be really mean to leave Sara just to teach somewhere. i dont think that he would ever do that, so that's why i believe it'd make more sense to kill him off.

but if they do kill grissom, then i'd be really sad and prolly not watch the show ever again.

this is just my two cents. im not tryin to offend anyone.

I disagree that the show has an 'ensemble' cast. I see the show with 2 leads (grissom and catherine) then the supporting cast. The 3 CSI's all have that front man, and I think the show won't be the same. I believe the ratings slide this season is from the lack of Grissom near the end of last season, and the ratings will probably go down again when he leaves for sure.

I like the other characters, but I don't like any of them as leaders. Also, how do you have a show about 'science' (that is as close to science as you will get on an american show) without a scientific character?

" You should treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster." - Quentin Crisp

If Grissom leaves, who's gonna replace him? I am not going to watch the show if he leaves.. They all make such a good team and I sure wouldn't mind if some newbies come in, but don't make Grissom leave :(

Here's an article about him, "will he stay or will he go" the rumblings are not good, on his staying ~~~crys~~~~

ARTICLE

courtesy..Eylses web-site ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back