If Grissom Leaves After 2007 **NO Spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by goggie704, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puppypower76

puppypower76 Witness

Re: If Grissom Leaves After 2007

The WPAP just wants to confirm that none of the team have been repeating anything that was said to us in Providence by Billy or any of his "people" on the website or anywhere else. A trust has been put in us and we don't plan on abusing that. We have been told not to comment on Billy's contract for the timebeing, which we have been respecting, except for the E Online information that was posted everywhere.

If it's one thing we take pride in it's getting our information correct because there are a lot of people who rely on us for that info, and the last thing we would do is lie to our visitors, which is why we are not making a big song and dance about the two online articles out there.

I can also assure people the folks at GSR.com are not lying about anything. Both sites have just chosen different views on how to deal with the information they have received.

Despite the various things we've been told, things do change, and The WPAP would like to see a little more confirmation from the correct people rather than E Online as well.

2. Hunter

Hunter Coroner

If Grissom leaves, i'll probably never watch the show again. And Sara will probably commit suicide or something. *silence* Seriously!

3. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Thank God there will be a season 8, hopefully it's not the final season however

4. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

It was brought to my attention that some members of the fan sites I mentioned above in my post mis-interepted what I was trying to say. It was interepted that I was calling them liars but that wasn't the case. What I was saying is that any fan site can use info from a site without checking further into that info, there have been many fan sites that have claimed to have met a star or talked to a star that have not. But if they have then I am happy for them and for any reporting done responsibly.

I understand that my statement may have upset some people, I am sorry anyone mis-understood what I was saying or the context in which it was meant. As I stated above I have nothing against either site, they are good sites. The point of it all was to caution people to becareful of sites you do not know, because they can mislead which can really suck.

I appreciate PP contacting me and understanding what it is I was saying and letting me know that it did upset some people, I wasn't asked to make this statement or to retract anything I said, I am doing this in hopes that people will understand that my intentions were not to be mean, but rather to protect and caution only.

Thank you.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I understood what you were trying to say Destiny , I was not upset ny it. I just wanted to provide other sourses for the info.

6. Destiny

Wojo I understand you only did what I asked and I do thank you, if I didn't say that before.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Destiny, i understand everything you are trying to tell us and i appreciate it. i know from experience that not everything floating on internet is true, and that to say something for sure we need to wait for the official information from CBS or Billy's rep.

i know that even if situation right now looks really good and there is little chance that this info is false, we still need to proceed with caution, also for sake of future situations similar to this.

thanks again.

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I think it's time for WP, or his reps. or CBS, to, as they'd say in a CUBS game to "step up to the plate" and make an official announcement ;)so there's not all these innuendos..gossip.. rumors, and hearsay. and on PP post, she's saying she can't say what's she knows or heard.. but goes on to comment that the GSR site "doesn't lie" which gives mixed signals .. like their right :confused: hurry up and let us know!!! someone

9. puppypower76

puppypower76 Witness

Thanks for the response and PM Destiny, much appreciated :)

As for mixed signals, I was merely making the point that GSR.com would not lie to their visitors no matter what the content of what was said.

If anyone has any questions then they should really contact the webmistress of the site.

10. puppypower76

puppypower76 Witness

Sorry for double post.
    This from deseretnews.com

WILLIAM PETERSEN'S ABSENCE from "CSI" for four episodes should not be interpreted as a sign that he might be leaving the show for good.
    Tassler said the actor, who took time off to do theater, has "hopefully, a long future with 'CSI."' At the very least, he's under contract for next season.
    And in no way should the temporary addition of Liev Schreiber to the cast be looked upon as a plan to bring in a character to replace Petersen's Grissom.
    "Audiences love Billy. We love Billy," Tassler said. "Liev ... does sort of blend in with the company really well, and his entrance into the show is somewhat seamless. I mean, he does feel like he belongs there. But Billy is obviously a huge part of the show."
    And word is that there is absolutely, positively no way that Schreiber will ever replace Petersen on more than a temporary basis.

11. ollieuan

ollieuan Lab Technician

Well, that's unfortunate. Keppler has only been in one ep and I already like him more than Grissom.

Of course, that could change if he starts exhibiting some of the same smug superiority complex that seems to curse Grissom. :/

I think, regardless of WP's contract status, if he decided to leave they wouldn't deny him the right. He's got too much clout.

12. Destiny

Re: If Grissom Leaves After 2007 *No Spoilers*

Okay there is a thread that was created asking for answers to whether or not its rumor/gossip or if there is any truth. While It has been locked I will give you the link please refrain from spoilers in here when giving your answers or discussion.

Gossip on Google/Usenet Groups *Potential Spoiler*

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I just want to say I also think it sounds like gossip.

I don't go on Usenet too often anyway, the trolls and spammers drive me nuts.

14. phantomscreams

phantomscreams Hit and Run

If WP decided to leave, best of luck to him, and I'll keep watching the show.

I swear, you guys are worse than videogame fanboys at times. "Oh Silicon Knights is awesome..." SK leaves Nintendo "Silicon Knights weren't anything special... I'm glad they are gone."

Can't people like something because it's good and realize there's more to CSI than one person? Last I checked, not one character makes the episodes, it's not 'Grisom CSI' (like Magnum PI)... it's CSI... and as long as the show stays true to that, with some drama, I'll remain a viewer.

15. Raw_Alex

Raw_Alex Witness

Without putting a spoiler into this, I am feeling more and more that WP won't leave outright, but may end up in a more "recurring" role as opposed to in the field working. That would give him the chance to go off and persue other acting jobs and interests, while giving the show time to expand to add new characters and develop it's new flavor. Grissom as the overall lab boss, example su, would allow this nicely. He could probably film all his parts for a month in a single day. We would still have the presence, without him working 7 days a week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.