I Suck At Cooking!

But their pumpkins aren't even orange. They're more like squash or something. They're not really the same as our pumpkins, despite the name.

some of our pumpkins are orange... but not all... i remember i watned to celebrate halloween with a pumpkin but it was this tiny little thing... but it was at least orange! :)

Oh, it's possible. It's really hard, and really gross.

I love cooking, it's so much fun!!! I can take a bunch of things, throw them together and make something that tastes great. I think that is like, the coolest thing ever. I love making new things too. I made a white chocolate soufflee last week, it was hard, but it was almost perfect in the end, and it tasted soooooo gooooood....*drool*....

I also make a mean white chocolate cheesecake.

I love cooking too! Well, baking specifically. ;) When I was young and my mum is cooking in the kitchen, I would always snoop around and experiment with the ingredients. Sometimes I would cook up my own (funky) concoctions like chicken meatballs with tomato paste and oregano. Of course, I would be the only one eating it. :p

In libraries or book stores, you can almost always find me in the cook-book section. My mum has an entire shelf filled with cook-books because that's what I give her every mother's day, birthday and christmas. :lol: My speciality are brownies and holiday cookies - Figures! They're my fav food. :) I baked a lemon cheesecake once but it was way too sour I had to throw it out! Yeuch! I'm a horrible cheesecake-baker :p Lucky you! ;)

Oh, I found this recipe for some BBQ glaze and it sounds yummy. Thought I'd share it with you guys. :)

Honey Barbecue Sauce
Honey, 1/3 cup
Barbecue sauce, 1 cup
Garlic, 1 clove finely chopped

Mix 'em well and brush over the chicken repeatedly while on the grill.

Bon Appetit! :)

YUM! That does sound good. And I could probably actually manage to put that little recipe together. :)

If parents would like to do any cooking with their kids, there is a great book out called "Emeril's There's a Chef in my Soup: Recipes for the kid in everyone" by Emeril Lagasse. He has a couple of shows on the Food Network cable channel. This book came out in 2002 and makes a great gift.

He had a sequel book published in 2004, "Emerils There's a Chef in my family: Recipes to get everyone cooking."

Parents can teach kids the basics, but supervise when it comes to using knives or appliances.

would anyone mind if this became a place to share easy recipes? i know that i dont like making stuff thats too difficult, but im always up for something new. to get things going heres what i made for dinner tonight, its probably one of the most delicious things ever :D :

sausage pasta
tube pasta (like penne, rigatoni, or my favourite scoobi doos) cooked until just before done
pasta sauce (store bought or homemade)
fresh mozzerella cut up into chunks
shredded parmesan or asiago cheese
cooked sausage cut up into pieces

toss everything in a caserole dish, top with more shredded chesse, put in a 350 oven until hot and bubbley et voila! prepare yourself for yumminess!!

Allmaple, you made me hungry and its 1.11 am here.... not a good sign!

I think the easiest thing to make is pasta, I mean its the quickest. But I have to suggest tuna salad... WOW. So get a bowl and make this if you need to eat something and have no time...Here's what I put in it:

Tuna ( the ones that come in cans )
2 Tablespoons of mayo per can of tuna
Shredded lettuce
Cucumbers (shredded...duh)
Broccoli (if youre into that stuff)
A pinch of salt and pepper
Mixy wixy till its all barf-like...

and eat :D its really really good :D. Word of advice, it can get messy... oh and don't forget to get rid of the oil before you put the tuna in the bowl... or else it'll mix weird with the mayo and taste really bad.
Have any of you ever heard of the Lebanese type salad thingy called Tabuli?? If not, I wont tell you about it , cuz youll only end up killing yourself if you can't have some. Its half the reason I decided to move to Lebanon :lol:

I've heard of Tabouli Roka. :) I know they put some couscous inside. Tabouli. Couscous. How cute do they sound? ;)

I made some Cold Potato Salad a few days ago. :) For those who're interested (or if you just want to test if it tastes awful ;)) here is the recipe:

3 Potatoes
A few tablespoons of Mayonnaise
1/2 Onion (finely chopped)
Pickles (finely chopped) - same amount as onions
Salt to taste
A shake of Pepper

Boil potatoes until soft, then cut into cubes. Put them into a bowl, and stir in the remaining ingredients together. Put inside the fridge. Serve cold. Voila! :D

Hey how about Texas Casserole? Yehaw!!!

8 ounces of ground, extra lean beef
12 ounces of sausage (sage or hot)
Brown ground beef and sausage together-drain
-----------------------------------------------
3/4 cup of chopped onions fresh
3/4 cup of fresh green peppers chopped
3/4 cup of chopped fresh celery
1 1/2 pound of canned kidney beans drained
2 1/4 Parsley, dried
1 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Add chopped onion, green pepper, celery, drained kidney beans, parsley and salt to ground beef and sasuage. Mix.
-------------------------------------------------------
1 1/8 or 4 1/2 cups of tomato juice canned
1 pt or 2 cups of white raw rice
Add tomato juice and rice to meat mix. Stir well.
Pour mixture into baking pan(s) sprayed with non-stick coating. Cover with aluminum foil.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 mins <--side note-bake until rice is soft.
Additional idea-if casserole is dry, add extra tomato juice and stir. Great as left overs!

Had some this week! I always season to taste!!

Sidler!!! Tabouli!! i never even heard of couscous what is that lol!! You made me so happy knowing what tabuli was, it always excites me. *swings with floss off balcony*

Roka4csi, from The Free Dictionary

Couscous:
1. A pasta of North African origin made of crushed and steamed semolina.
2. A North African dish consisting of pasta steamed with a meat and vegetable stew.

Dynamo1, at the reference desk

Thanks Dynomo1! :) The only thing I knew about couscous before is that it kinda looks like rice. :D

And Roka, don't hurt yourself swinging hun, I still want that recipe. ;)

:lol: thanks Dynamo1, I didn't know that :D

We don't put couscous (lol) in our tabuli though,... we put crushed wheat, that we call borghol (thats an ugly word lol). I just searched for it on the internet and one of the sites says to boil water and stuff... umm its a salad, man, no need to boil anything...lol. Here's how you really do it.

3 x bunches of parsley
1/3 c Crushed wheat (burghui)
2 c Water
1/4 c Fresh mint (chopped) or 2
-tbs dry
4 Green onions, with ends
2 lg Tomatoes (diced small)
1 1/2 ts Salt
1/4 ts Pepper
1/3 c Lemon juice (or to taste)
1/4 c Olive oil or vegetable oil

Instructions:

1. Wash parsley well, drain and shake out excess moisture.

2. Soak crushed wheat in water in a large mixing bowl for 2 minutes.
Drain well. Set aside while preparing other ingredients.

3. Remove stems from parsley and discard. Chop parsley very fine (3
bunches should equal about 5 cups). Add to wheat.

4. Chop onions fine and add to mixture along with remaining
ingredients.

5. If not served immediately, do not add tomatoes and onions until
just before serving. Toss well.

6. Serve with Romaine lettuce leaves. Tear leaves into bite sized
pieces and use to scoup up salad for eating.

I suggest you don't make it when lots of people are coming over, chopping the parsley is suicide! That's why I wait til my mom makes it for me to have some, it drains too much energy :lol: Oh and its kinda expensive in Lebanese restaurants in America. I remember I would buy a small bowl of it for like $6... daaang man, it wouldn't cost me 2 dollars to make it at home myself and have WAY more than a tiny bowl :D
bon appetite :D (is that what they say ? my French sucks )

Editted: to show you 2 pics of what it should look like in the end

man oh man my mouth's watering ay caramba!!

Back