I Suck At Cooking!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BabaOReilly, Jan 9, 2006.

1. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

Ooo my grandma made some excellent BBQed Curry Chicken for New Years! I think you'll need some chicken *Hears someone going "Duh?"* Curry powder, Garlic, Butter, Olive oil, Oregano and some salt and pepper.

You'll need to barbecue 'em unless you don't mind eating them medium rare from the microwave. ;)

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Barbecued Curry Chicken. Yum!

3. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

I can cook....umm...

Cereal? :D

Believe me, all that pouring of milk onto cornflakes can be TOUGH! It takes a professional! ;) :lol:

4. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Oh, does it now, hmmm? :lol:

5. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

I would pay to see that. She swears she has no idea what happened, but I learned that eggs evaporating is the worst smell EVER. You think rotten eggs are bad? PSH. They smell great compared to evaporated eggs. EW. I am NEVER cooking in the same room as her. Who knows what might happen???

6. SidLer

SidLer Coroner

^ She might evaporate you! :lol:

7. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

That's exactly what I was thinking!!!

I mean, I defy ANYONE here to try and evaporate eggs. It's hard. I've tried it, after she told me, I bought 4 cartons of eggs and tried everything I could to evaporate one, nothing worked!!! I don't know what the hell she did!!!

8. drkate

drkate Corpse

hey madgeorge, maybe you're friend has magical powers! i mean... evaporating an egg? is that really possible without magic?!! i don't think even i'm that bad at cooking! :p

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I had a friend who claimed he could burn water! :lol:

I know it's impossible, but it was still a strangely accurate description of his ability! Fortunately, his boyfriend is a chef, so he doesn't have to worry about it! ;) I gots ta find me a man who can cook! :D

10. ineverysunflower

ineverysunflower Coroner

hm.. i cant cook either. but i do make the best toast :D

11. madgeorge

madgeorge Coroner

Oh, it's possible. It's really hard, and really gross.

I love cooking, it's so much fun!!! I can take a bunch of things, throw them together and make something that tastes great. I think that is like, the coolest thing ever. I love making new things too. I made a white chocolate soufflee last week, it was hard, but it was almost perfect in the end, and it tasted soooooo gooooood....*drool*....

I also make a mean white chocolate cheesecake.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

The small ones are pie pumpkins.

That's not cooking. ;)

13. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

But their pumpkins aren't even orange. They're more like squash or something. They're not really the same as our pumpkins, despite the name.

14. GilGrissomCSI

GilGrissomCSI Coroner

I was kidding. :p

15. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

A real handy combo of seasonings is garlic (or garlic powder or garlic salt) and lemon pepper. Use in roughly equal amounts. I shy away from garlic salt since I just try to keep salt to a minimum in my diet but if you don't, feel free to use the garlic salt. Good on chicken, eggs, seafood, veggies...just a very handy blend.

Curry? I'm a bit of a purist, I go from scratch with the garlic, cumin seed, onions, ginger, turmeric, cayenne, etc. etc. I don't try to use asafoetida anymore, though - I know they do in India, but man, you have to keep that stuff in an airlock or it'll stank up your whole house!!

I think my mother-in-law evaporated some eggs once. Or just disintegrated them by boiling them until the water was gone from the pan, the non-stick pan coating was burning and I ran out to the kitchen when the house started smelling like death warmed over...That woman is dangerous sometimes...

--Robin