I Suck At Cooking!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BabaOReilly, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

I never bake cookies but that double chocolate cookies... man, we have this donut place.. Arnold's Donuts and they have double chocolate muffins. Man it's a killer. And now your talk about double chocolate cookies makes me... grrr. Me wants double chocolate cookies :sd:

2. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

DaWacko,
    Are you allergic to pork? Beef ribs are ok but they take too long to cook.

3. Ducky

Don't mix me and Baba ;) I'm not allergic to any kind of meat. Except I do not eat duck...and lamb is disgusting.

4. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

^^^ I'm the one who doesn't like pork, VM. And I'm not allergic, I just don't like it. :p

Plus ribs are too complicated. I stick to BBQ-ing steaks or chicken breasts (boneless, skinless). :)

5. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

Sorry for the mixup, DaWacko! However, you're missing out on something delish. I've eaten duck many times and it is great! Lamb is also very good---especially roast lamb , Greek style.

Baba----Pork ribs are not complicated at allJust got to know what you're doing. Boneless steaks?? -----barbarian---the meat around the bone is the sweetest--- skinless chicken breasts, argh! Don't you know that the skin makes the chiken juicy and gives it flavor???

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i couldnt live without pork. pigs are magical animals dont ya know :lol:
    after weeks of begging im finally getting my pulled pork sandwhiches on sunday :D i could post the recipe but it takes six hours on a charcoal grill to make. plus theres a spice rub, basting sauce, and barbeque sauce to make :p if there are any ambitious people out there ready for the best thing theyll ever eat then ask. :D

7. Ducky

I'm a duck, I don't eat other ducks ;) (I've tasted it) and I've tasted lamb too and no matter how it's made, you can taste it's lamb and IMO it tastes horrible. My dad always makes cabbage soup where he uses lamb and I hate also cabbage (boiled).

8. Depth-Of-Love

Depth-Of-Love Lab Technician

i actually can cook pretty good but i have this friend who is just soooooo bad...ewwwwwww

omg my favorite thing to make is our chilly!!!!! it has like tomato and ground beef and mush rooms and yummmmmy beans its sooo good!!!

9. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I'm on your side, allmaple.

10. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I'm wondering, did your father put garlic in the lamb? Or wasn't there any?

11. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Yeah, Greek style lamb is the best compared to other times I've had lamb. I dunno, maybe I'm biased because I am Greek but there's just something about eating lamb that's slowly roasting on a spit while all the juices are being sucked in. Unfortuntately I have to wait till Greek Easter to have it again :(.

Pork is my least favourite outs of the main meats out there but I got use to it when I was in Greece last summer 'cause they don't have any cows over there....just pigs. I'll only it when it's souvlaki though...not roasted. Eww.

12. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

I t would seem that the way your father prepares his cabbage soup is with few or no spices. N o wonder you've grown to dislike so much! My father hated eggplant until he saw the way my mother made it. That changed his mind.

Oh , and for you saying you;re a duck---really! Next thing you'll want me to believe is that there is seaside property up for grabs in the desert!

13. Ducky

Erm... actually the cabbage soup is traditional. SO there is no other way to make it. of course to use other meat, but otherwise it is what it is. I hate the taste of boiled/fried cabbage. Even steamed cabbage. I hate every vegetable boiled/fried/steamed.

It smells disgusting and it tastes disgusting, no matter what you put there. At school teachers forced me to eat it and it wasn't any better there.

14. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

How did they prepare it?

15. glam_chic86

glam_chic86 Head of the Graveyard Shift

Here's my recipe for Greek style macaroni:

Ingredients:

a. 500 grams Greek macorni(or any other kind is ok)
    b. 3 tablespoons Greek olive oil
    c. 2 dashes of Greek seasoning
    d. A handful of crumpled feta cheese(or any other cheese is good)
    e. A tablespoon of table salt

Cooking Preperations:

1. In a medium pot add in 2.5 cups of water, the tablespoon of table salt & dashes of Greek seasoning.

2. Turn on the stove and place down the pot and put it on a high or medium setting.

3. Wait until the water fully boils. When the bubbles start appearing break the macaroni in half and slowly add it in until all the macaroni is submerged in the water. Stir the macaroni & place the lid on.

4. Continue stirring every 3-4 minutes & make sure the macaroni never sticks to the sides of the pot.

5. Depending on how you prefer your macaroni done & the quality of your stove your macaroni can be done within 15 minutes. Just to make sure it's the way you like it taste a strand. If it's still too hard continue stirring while turning down the setting to a lower heat. Keep checking.

6. Once the macaroni is cooked to your preference immediatly set a pasta drainer in the sink & dump the macaroni in there to drain in the water. When the water is gone quickly add in the 2 teaspoons of Greek olive oil & handful of feta cheese. If you prefer you can add in a nother dash of Greek seasoning. Mix around the cheese & olive oil & seasoning so that it settles everywhere.

7. Let the macaroni cool down for 1.5 minutes and then serve. It feeds about 3 or so people.

You can always substitute the cheese or olive oil with another type of olive oil or cheese. I just make my macaroni Greek style, the way my yiayia taught me growing up but you may like it a different way and that's ok.

Enjoy :D