I Suck At Cooking!

If you eat at the message board pass it around! But then again you can't find a better place to eat while checking out all of the good food ideas. I have a few more...gotta find them!

I had a hard time boiling eggs. Then suddenly, I became a pro!

simple and delicious: chinese chicken pizza

2 small cooked chicken breasts
hoisin sauce
chopped fresh cilantro
chopped red bell pepper
sliced green onions
mozzarella
pizza dough

stretch out your pizza dough and put it on a baking sheet that has been oiled (preferably olive oil, sprinkle corn meal ontop of the oil if youre feeling fancy)
spread hoisin sauce, cover with cheese and remaining toppings
bake 425 oven for 20-30 minutes it is to die for, probably my favourite pizza, and everyone seems to be impressed by it, even though its super simple :D

haha speaking of sucking at cooking and chinese. there is a chinese resturant in my town called Kambo Kitchen and well no one really likes it that much and since i suck at cooking my friends call me Kambo...haha now you know it's bad when your friend name you for it. haha

I duplicated this thread by mistake yesterday. :rolleyes:
So I'm bumping this up for those who wish to post easy recipes. :p

Well, I guess I'll re-post my recipes in case anyone missed them. :)

*blatant cut-and-paste* :p

"I know how to make breaded chicken...and that's about as complex as it gets. Ooh, I made teriyaki steaks last week, too, and they actually came out good!

Lesse, for the breaded chicken, you need a bowl of flour, a bowl of eggs (mixed up with the yolks broken), and a bowl of breadcrumbs. You may want to rinse the chicken, too, and clean off any fatty bits. OK, so you coat the chicken in the flour first, then the eggs, then the breadcrumbs. Put them in a frying pan on medium heat. i'm sure you could bake them too, but I've never tried.

And the teriyaki steaks were pretty easy. I used chuck shoulder steaks and honey teriyaki marinade. Just pour some marinade in a ziplock bag, add steaks, and make sure they're coated all the way with the marinade. Add more marinade if you need to. Then let them sit in the fridge marinating for a few hours (the longer you marinate, the stronger the marinade taste will be). Then broil them in the oven, turning once. I used the extra marinade from the baggie and poured it over each side of the steaks. If you don't like teriyaki, I'm sure you could use a marinade of your choice"

Sirea said:

Then let them sit in the fridge marinating for a few hours (the longer you marinate, the stronger the marinade taste will be).

Something along those lines are marinated chicken breasts.

You mix a couple of tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice together; equal amounts. Add a teaspoon of (sea) salt and mixed italian herbs (fresh or dried) and some ground pepper. If you want, add some crushed garlic.

You can marinate the chicken breasts for half and hour, or you can put them in the marinade in the morning. If you're a vegetarian, use tofu 'steaks' instead. Or Quorn.

You can put the chicken under the grill, in a frying pan or on your barbeque.
Serve them with rice or some salad.
Et voilá, a nice and easy meal.

(I feel like Martha Stewart :D)

Horiatiki/Greek Salad

Ingredients:

3 tomatoes cut in wedges
1 sliced Cucumber
1 Sliced Onion
2 green peppers cut in rings
6 Tablespoons Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Vinegar
Salt
Pepper
1/3 lb. Feta Cheese
2 Dozen Black Olives, preferbly kalamata olives
chopped or crumbled dried oregano Parsley

Directions:

Place the tomatoes, cucumber, onion and peppers in a large salad bowl.
Shake together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Pour the dressing over the salad.
Put on top the feta cheese, cut in squares and the olives.
Sprinkle with parseley or oregano.

i love making currys

onions, garlic, tomatoes, mushrooms, potatoes, meat (anything you want), sauce and any other veg :p

two or three things are cooking at the same time
rice
curry and
potatoes

well, you cut the veg and meat etc...
add everything to together

and wait a bit..and its cook
since i cook for my flatmates...instead of crappy oven food, i have built a cook-ego :lol:

Roast Leg of Lamb With Potatoes

Ingredients:

4 lbs. leg Lamb
3 -4 cloves Garlic
and pepper Salt
3/4 cup Butter
1 Lemon
1 cup hot Water
2 1/2 lbs. Potatoes

Directions:

Wash meat and place in a pan.
Cut garlic into slivers, dust with salt and pepper and insert into incisions made in the lamb.
Peel potatoes and quarter them.
Arrange around meat in roasting pan.
Melt butter and pour over meat and potatoes.
Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Add hot water.
Bake in a moderate oven for about 2 hours.
When lamb is done, remove to heated platter.
If potatoes are not brown enough place under grill. Arrange around the roast.

Enjoy :D

Hey, can anyone suggest a nice oil &/or vinaigrette combo that would be nice to dip bread in? Something you can combine yourself?

um, i just do olive oil and balsamic (i get both at loblaws, not facy ones) and then sprinkle red pepper flakes on it.
that was a tough one there Baba :p
but you know whats really, really good and is dead easy? using that kraft signiture dressing (i usually use sundried tomato oregano) to marinate chicken and then barbeque it. very good :D

No, my friend does one with garlic and something else, but I can't remember it? Plus, I need to know how much of each and whatnot. Red pepper flakes sounds a little too... peppery for me! :lol:

allmaple, have you read the title of the thread? A thread I started, incidentally? If cooking and recipes were obvious and easy for me, I wouldn't have started this thread! :p

oh im just teasin ya. you can use flavoured oils, whatever floats your boat. ive done roasted garlic oil, whatever you got around the house. i fill the plate/dish with a few centimetres deep, then splash the balsamic. you probably want about a quarter or less of balsamic in relation to the oil.
dont worry about your skills Baba, ill always be willing to help you out :D

Back