~ I Can't Believe It ~ #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe have i hate my latvian language teacher..i can't sit in her's lessons! someday i will blove up from anger :rolleyes:

I can't believe i was such an asshole today! :lol:... i was evil..it's not in my nature.. :rolleyes:

I can´t believe... I`m blocking contact to my dreamgirl.

I can´t believe... I got compliments for my new haircut. Didn´t think anyone could even notice it. :p

I can't believe my friend's acting selfish..

I can't believe my best friend Chelsey is also a fan of CSI :D

I can't believe school is so stupid..today was really stupid :p

_Calleigh_ said:

Trust me, you'd agree with me if you heard what they do. I'm talking about stupid mistakes, not imperfections or impossibility to translate litterally. I mean really really stupid mistakes, which are repeated several times. I'm old enough to understand the difference between time/room matters and lack of attention. I'd make you a couple of examples, if you could understand Italian.
You wouldn't believe it.

Try me. I'm fluent in Spanish, I can understand Italian. I'd like to see what you mean.

I can't believe my friend Kelsey likes the CSI shows as much as I do! We can talk about fic and ships and everything. It's actually kind of amazing.

I can't believe Martin loves me again. He's a charming Irishman I talked to over email, sort of like a penpal, and he fell in love with me. I kept things from him and he fell out of love but now he sends me short emails saying "I miss you and I can't wait to talk to you again" or he writes me songs.

I can't believe three days till The Unit! :D i can't wait.. :p
I can't believe i fall in love with our local channel LOL! :lol:

saras_girlfriend said:
_Calleigh_ said:

Trust me, you'd agree with me if you heard what they do. I'm talking about stupid mistakes, not imperfections or impossibility to translate litterally. I mean really really stupid mistakes, which are repeated several times. I'm old enough to understand the difference between time/room matters and lack of attention. I'd make you a couple of examples, if you could understand Italian.
You wouldn't believe it.

Try me. I'm fluent in Spanish, I can understand Italian. I'd like to see what you mean.

For example they translated "scalpel" as "scalpello" (which in Italian is a tool used by sculptors) instead of "bisturi" (which is the tool used by surgeons). Then again they translated "detergent" with "detergente" (which in Italian is a skin cleanser), instead of "detersivo".
These are the silly mistakes I was talking about, not the dialogue adaptations, and there are a lot more.

_Calleigh_ said:
For example they translated "scalpel" as "scalpello" (which in Italian is a tool used by sculptors) instead of "bisturi" (which is the tool used by surgeons). Then again they translated "detergent" with "detergente" (which in Italian is a skin cleanser), instead of "detersivo".
These are the silly mistakes I was talking about, not the dialogue adaptations, and there are a lot more.

Sounds like a bad translation indeed. But trust me, they don't just subtitle, the titles went past at least one 'beta reader', so they must have a reason to put it there like that.
I'm sorry if I came on so strongly. It's just that I passed my subtitling proficiency last year and I know how hard it is. I'm kinda getting tired of people always blaming subtitlers when sometimes it's impossible to give the right translation.

saras_girlfriend said:
Sounds like a bad translation indeed. But trust me, they don't just subtitle, the titles went past at least one 'beta reader', so they must have a reason to put it there like that.
I'm sorry if I came on so strongly. It's just that I passed my subtitling proficiency last year and I know how hard it is. I'm kinda getting tired of people always blaming subtitlers when sometimes it's impossible to give the right translation.

I'm going to be a translator as well, so, trust me, I do know how hard it is sometimes to find a good compromise between the translation and the original.

And, btw, I can't believe how madly I love Jhonny Whitworth (aka Jake Berkeley). Duh, I thought the celeb crush period was gone with teenage, but... :p

I cant believe how gorgeous she is!

I cant believe i got promoted to supervisor but i dont want to leave her cause i want to get to know her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back