~ I Can't Believe It ~ #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Calleigh_ said:
saras_girlfriend said:
I can't believe people always blame translators. Subtitling is one of the hardest disciplines in the translation business. You should try it yourself before critisizing someone else. You can't always translate literally what people say because you don't have the time/room for it.

Trust me, you'd agree with me if you heard what they do. I'm talking about stupid mistakes, not imperfections or impossibility to translate litterally. I mean really really stupid mistakes, which are repeated several times. I'm old enough to understand the difference between time/room matters and lack of attention. I'd make you a couple of examples, if you could understand Italian.
You wouldn't believe it.

^I agree there. I know sometimes it's really difficult to find a right defintion in your own language but... Thankfully we have quite good translators, tho my fave mistake is

"Hang in there, I'll get some help"
was translated
"Hirttäydy sinne, haen apua"
which means
"Hang yourself there, I'll get some help"

:rolleyes:

You should see how Arabs translate English movies :lol:

I can't believe it's already the second week of university. Time passes by so quickly.

I can't believe I'm so darn cold!
I can't believe my maths test went very well!
I can't believe my Latin test went well too!

I can't believe how hard it was to find plastic folder sleeves at lunch. Honestly, I tried WH Smith, Woolworth’s and a Stationary shop down the road. In the end I found them in Sainsbury's. :lol: No wonder the supermarkets are putting the smaller shops out of business. :eek:

I can't believe I haven't really been on TalkCSI since before this thread! :eek: That's a long time for someone with no life so depends on here to give her a life! :lol:

I can't believe my dog howled for three hours this morning on the top of his lungs. I WAS IN THE HOUSE. :p

I can't believe there's still cake in my room. :lol: *grabs another mop*

I cant beleive i am already failing math and science! LOL.
I cant beleive CSI Season 6 comes out 2mrw :D
I cant beleive my friend Austin gave me Wedding Crashers :D

I can't believe I lied to a friend about something serious.
I can't believe what we are going to do today.
I can't believe I might get that other job after all.
I can't believe I'm paranoid.

I can't believe I've volunteered to baby sit my little cousins tonight. :eek: I love them dearly, but they can be little monsters. :lol:

I can't believe I'm actually up-to-date with my homework! For the past few days I've been ignoring it, but today, something came over me and I just did it all. XD

I can't believe I've become a House M.D. addict in the same way I did with CSI (caught one only shippy scene and went crazy :p.)

i can't believe i had best results in Anatomys test! :D yeey i can be Alexx now! :lol:
i can't believe my hamster is sick... :( ..*sniff*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back