Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

I never thought about it that way. Really good point, it seems very likely. He's so ascetic when it comes to Y. :rolleyes:

You know, I think that: yes it would be weird at first, and would definitely take a lot of getting used to, but then I think one would stop thinking about it and just be happy that your loved ones are happy. Eventually one just accepts things, it's only weird if you think it's weird. ;) Does that make any sense? :lol:

drgnldy, no I'm not stressed. He's back because I'm excited about my nephew who was born this monday. :D

2. silk

silk Prime Suspect

RE: Marrying your spouse's sibling:

3. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

I can relate to what is being said here,my mum was 1 of 13 chrilden 7 brothre's and 6 sister's both my uncle's married and both lost there partner's,don't knwow weather it was love or friendship but they got married 2 years later,still got the pic of me as 1 of the bridesmaids i was 14 then. I did find it werid at frist,but the rest of the family were ok with there dissenions

Haven't been posting up here fo bit had togo job hunting as the employment angency i work for as put me on short time

4. silk

silk Prime Suspect

HC 4 my birthday: I'm confused..so was it 2 of your uncles who re-married sister-in-laws??? And I'm also curious...was it difficult or uncomfortable at times?

5. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

HC 4, I'm curious too! How did it change the family dynamics? My Dad had ten siblings, so if that ever happened in my family it would pretty be uncomfortable since we are a tight-knit bunch that had gone through drama worse than that of a soap opera. :lol:

Luna...Love Kermit...Congrats on being an Auntie! It's great to be one since at the end of the day you can return the little tyke to his parents! :lol: That's what I do with my nieces! :lol:

6. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

I remember those days very well, my dear pusher. We were so geeked out on Miami it wasn't even funny! :) Well, reminiscing is sort of turning back the clock. Must say that for a neutral, it makes a jolly good comparison i.e. S1-S3 vs s4-s6.

7. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Congrats Luna on a sweet nephew. . .

I mentioned once when I first started posting here that my sister knows a woman who has been married to brothers. I don't know whether its a matter of divorce or being widowed, but she's had children by both, and the kids thinks its a hoot - they're not only siblings, but cousins. OK, so this is Texas. . . .

I just think that in this day, when people are likely to have had several partners, whether married or not, that the little comparison that goes on in one's head must be part of the whole scene, and eventually, if the current relationship is an enduring one, the tendency to compare fades. I guess I'm saying I don't really see a difference between a brother and any other man she may have been with before. (Don't you think he'd wonder about Rick?) I know that as a woman I would wonder about all the women previous to me. But then the awkwardness would recede as we became authentically ourselves with one another. C. S. Lewis talked about friendship in that way - that each individual brings out something unique in his/her friends, and if something happens to one person, then the friends who are left never see in one another what the lost individual had brought out in them. A convoluted way of saying that Y would be a different person with H, because he is a different person from Raymond.

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Yep, to be neutra make this board more fun place and the show not so poor. :) As u said we was so 'deep' in Miami and forgot how to entertain. And now the next epi is just the next epi - take the good parts and smile at the weak moments. No personal feelings and coz of this no disappointment. And the last few weeks exactly this comparison S1-S3 vs s4-s6 make me have good time around here. ;)

Hope when we see Yelina back in Miami I to not take again this th show seriously and just to keep the fun of her appearance.

9. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Agreed. I feel the same way too. Any kind of personal attachment which I once felt towards Miami has just ebbed away over the last few seasons. Most shockingly of all, over recent times, I have been so irritated by the Horatio character that I almost feel that Yelina is far too good for him! :p

I say 'recent times' in the hope that he isn't quite beyond redemption just yet. ;)

10. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Word! ;) The Horatio from the first 3 seasons, even with all his repressed yumminess, was a far more appealing catch than Imposter H, who is so bogged down by his own life dramas, I'm surprised he hasn't sunk into one of the Everglades' swamps! :devil:

Hmm, there's got to be a fanfic idea in there somewhere.....

11. Lucy

Lol, now, where's that alligator we saw in 'Dangerous Son' when we need him? ;) Aw, I don't really mean that, but I just have no sympathy for H at the moment. Looking at the reviews of last night's episode, I don't think I'm alone in my thinking either! Yep, he needs Yelina, but we know that. :D

12. SwanSwan_H

SwanSwan_H Police Officer

Hee, Elvis the alligator. :D Looks like it's just you and me Luce. Where did everyone go? ;)

Let's hope that the writer's dispute gets sorted as soon as possible, so we don't have to wait even longer for news of Yelina's next appearance. :(

13. HC_4_my_birthday

HC_4_my_birthday Lab Technician

I feel the same way to Lucy thank god i got S2 re-runs on at the moment :) and if i can't watch them i can always read about them on ff.net

14. Lucy

Good fanfic can be a real godsend. And you can never go wrong with Season 2 greatness. Good to see you HC - hope you are okay. :)
    So say we all. ;)

15. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

:lol: Maybe Yelina keep it in her house till wait for H to come little closer. Yep, I can wait a lifetime for a moment like this hahah

I don`t know for the rest, but I was too busy this days to read funny posts (epi review) in Miami forum. :D Wow Miami is such joke from long long time. Till H don`t start to act like his old self I prefer Yelina to not come back and be part of this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.