Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

^ Exactly. Plus in some cultures it would be customary for a man's brother to marry his widow... ;) (You know, just for the sake of argument).

2. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

That would be great, since I will never do it. You are welcomed to the idea.

Of course! Your turn. . .

3. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

You're right about that Luna. In some cultures it is customary for the brother-in-law to marry his brother's widow. In older times perhaps it would have been taboo, but I think there's nothing wrong with it now. Anyway one can't make love to order and H/Y fell in love with each other.

Thanks drgnldy. Let's see... *racks brain to come up with quote*, I decided on an easy one: ;)

Yelina: Twice in one day, that's more than I've seen you months.

4. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

^ Speaking of Yelina's little remarks to nudge his conscience, would that be from 'Burned'? :)

5. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Geez, I was way off base. Then I remembered the reason. Didn't (well more like couldn't) do very much of s5 at all. :p May have to make an exception with that ep though. This "guess the quote" is as good a past time as any other until we see Y again.

BTW, if ya'll have some time to spare please visit the "FreeRice - Feed the World Thru' Internet Word Game" thread in Miscellaneous Forum.

Cheers.

6. Lucy

My sentiments too. ;) I only watched the two Yelina episodes with any interest. The rest I either didn't see or I have little to no recollection of them!

Thanks for the heads up re the FreeRice internet word game Tally. I just had a go! :)

7. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

The funny or sad part is that I sometimes forgot that we have Yelina appearance in S 6 premiere. As a whole the last few years all Miami epi is the same - the same old, the same old. Too difficult to discern epi from epi. But when it`s come to S 1-3 I know all H/Y quotes, clothing that they dress, looks that shared. *sigh* Can we turn back the time and start again ?!

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yup you're right Luce. Y's nudge to H, I wish he acted on it though. As from 'Dangreous Son' there's no telling if he really did go see her more often.

Pusher while thinking about old good times in S1-3 is good, I wish we could go forward, we're like stuck in neutral where H/Y is concerned so far.

9. TallyHo

TallyHo Coroner

Hee. Here I was thinking since s4 that they've been marooned between new and hitherto unbeknown levels of "reverse" by tgtb. :p They need the Terrible Threesome at Top Gear to help get this drive back on track.....

10. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I agree that in some cultures it’s acceptable for the brother-in-law to marry his brother’s widow in order to keep the wealth within the family. I'd totally cheer H and Y to just go for it and throw caution to the wind! But I wouldn't want that to ever happen in my family! It's just too weird and kind of incestous for my liking. :lol:

I also agree that one doesn’t choose who he falls in love with. One usually finds love in the most unlikely of places. :lol:

As for being stuck in a time warp as concerns H and Y, I, too, wish we could move forward to where they at least jump into dating and then eventually get together! :lol:

11. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I am so in dispair of H/Y that I can't even think of anything lasting that could happen between them. Every scenerio I imagine ends with a crash n burn. . .

Luna, sweetheart, Kermie's back. Are you feeling stressed?

12. Lucy

Guess I'm up for the next quote...

H: I'm fine
    Y: I can see that
    H: Thank you

[​IMG]

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Oh another great H/Y moment there Lucy. If I'm not mistaken it's from 'Body Count', when Y tends to H's wound. Somehow I found the last scene with H washing his wounded hand in the salty sea water very poignant. To me, it was almost like the man likes to inflict physical pain on himself to mask the emotional pain he carries around with him inside.

Perhaps that's also why he keeps Y at arm's length cos he wants to deny himself the pleasure of being with her. (sorry I didn't mean that in the naughty sense :devil:)

14. Lucy

Hrockz, you are correct! :D

H washing his hand in the ocean was indeed a very poignant moment. Infact, Body Count was a great episode - especially for H/Y screentime and that final scene. ;)

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

I never thought about it that way but now that you've mentioned it, it kind of makes sense since this is Horatio we're talking about.

How long do you think before he caves in? :lol: When that day comes, wow! I actually don't know what to say! Words are useless at the moment. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.