Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I noticed. Makes me think she'll just have some minor involvement. I've actually made plans to be out next Monday evening, and will just record the show for later watching. I'm not desperate enough to put RL on hold in the feeble hope that something nice will happen between our couple.

2. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

From too long time we know that Miami promo clips have nothing to do with the coming epi plot line. Most of the time they take random scenes and put them out of the context, with the only pity purpose to have more audience. Also when ep Burned arise last year we again don`t have Yelina in the promo, but she do make some good and important parts. So who know what will come next week. The hope is still around here, as and Horatio` 'woe is me'. ;)

3. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Exactly! To say this is getting tiresome is most definitely understating it.

Very much so.

Another very good point! :D I really have nothing to add, other than to agree with all these wise words.

That's reassuring to know. I'm glad we didn't have to suffer another verbal "I've lost everything" moment.

I have to admit, I've not put life on hold for Miami since 'Rio'. It would take a miracle to achieve that level of viewing dedication again where Miami is concerned.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  4. MiamiDade

MiamiDade Pathologist

Indeed, I absolutely had post-Season 3 Horatio in mind when choosing my siggy. :p As much as I still like the thought of H/Y and their storyarc, Horatio himself still is a shodow of the man I used to admire.

Same for me too. One reason why I like the humourous reviews is that I really do not take Miami seriously at all anymore.

5. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

The promo pics are out for the next two epys but no Y in them. In 'Burned' and 'Dangerous Son', we had promo pics of Y. It's a little worrying, I hope she doesn't get a bit part like drgnldy said. But she is slated to appear in both epys.... :confused:

I have another suggestion for thread name, how about "What Hurts The Most, Was Being So Close". It's from the Rascal Flatts song, 'What Hurts the Most'. It's kinda a long thread name, we can also shorten it to "Loving You Is What I Was Tryin' To Do", which is another line from the song. IMO, this line sums up what H was trying to do for Y, loving her but doing it in his own, silly way, without coming out right and saying it.

The lyrics go:

I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house
    That don’t bother me
    I can take a few tears now and then and just let them out
    I’m not afraid to cry every once in a while
    Even though going on with you gone still upsets me
    There are days every now and again I pretend I’m ok
    But that’s not what gets me

What hurts the most
    Was being so close
    And having so much to say
    And watching you walk away
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    And not seeing that loving you
    Is what I was tryin’ to do

It’s hard to deal with the pain of losing you everywhere I go
    But I’m doin’ It
    It’s hard to force that smile when I see our old friends and I’m alone
    Still Harder
    Getting up, getting dressed, livin’ with this regret
    But I know if I could do it over
    I would trade give away all the words that I saved in my heart
    That I left unspoken

What hurts the most
    Is being so close
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    Is what I was trying to do

What hurts the most
    Is being so close
    And never knowing
    What could have been
    Is what I was trying to do

(Not seeing that loving you)
    That’s what I was trying to do

Hearing this song always makes me think of H/Y, especially the last goodbye scene in '10-7'.

6. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

Nice thread names Hrockz... i like both of them and reminds me of "10-7".
    Ohh i saw the promo pics and no Yelina in them eh? but did you guys notice that in "rio", "burned" and "dangerous son" Y wore white clothing - would that means something?? maybe like purity or valuable or something... hehe i dont know maybe im over thinking it lol.

7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

^Yup, I think Y's always in white cos firstly she looks good in white, second, I always thought she was meant to contrast H (who's always in black). She brings out the best in H, so in a sense you're right. The white she wears symbolises her purity.

I bet she'll be in white again in the upcoming epys.

8. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

I`m not a lot worry, coz we don`t have Yelina`s promo pic. First coz we know what happen with 'Rio' promos.. the 'hand holding' scene don`t come on screen. Also vegaslights said that more pic will come soon. To not talk that Monday is soon, so with little more patience we will see what will come in the end. ;)

Btw we have Stetler promo pics.. wonder what will come from H/Stetler eternal enmity. :rolleyes:

Same here. ;)

Hehe I like this thought re Yelina wore white to contrast H. :)

9. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

10. Lucy

Just a heads up to say that I will open the new thread later today. :) Unfortunately, we can't post polls in existing threads (only new ones) with this new Board, so I can't do a poll for the thread name in this thread.

I could post a poll when I open the thread though? I know most of you don't mind what it's called. I know I don't really, as long as the word 'ship' isn't there - lol!

Anyway, later.....:D

11. Lucy

This will be the first thread I've locked on the new board, and I *think* it's the first new thread in SC. Interesting that it happens to be this one. :)

Over 8000 posts about H/Y! Yay for us. :D Bye bye thread #8.

Here's a link to thread #9:

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=56185

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.