Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like This

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Lucy, Sep 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Re: Horatio/Yelina #8: Waiting A Lifetime For A Moment Like

^ After this epi I was hope that H will fight for his Lady, but not such luck. This explanation that H try to give space to Yelina don`t work a lot for me. Ok he let her free and is happy that she move forward, but I`m wonder where is the jealousy, where is the strong passion. Most of the time H only try to protect Yelina from Rick or his bro.. etc... and maybe coz of this as Lucy said Yelina make some very smart remarks to H. Like most of the womans and she want to see some 'action', right ?!

Hey Hrockz u was miss around here. Hope ur Ok.

Ok... next quote :

'How long are we going to keep dancing around in circles?'

(again someone push H buttons :devil: maybe ours Robocop H have to change his software :lol:)

2. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Is that from "Simple Man", Y's very first epi?

Pusher said in regards to The Oath:

I'm with you. We have to remember this is TV - not to mention Miami - and the characters can say/do/develop/change in any way the writers want. But if H were a real person, this would rightly be interpreted as lack of interest. He never persues her. Never makes the first move except with a hidden agenda. His only real response to her is out of duty or responsibility or the need for a favor! Where is the passion that would make him go after her?

3. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Yep, ur turn. :)

4. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

Oh no!! Forgot I'd have to have one for ya'll. I have to think about it. . .

Anybody want to pinch hit?

5. Lucy

Lucy Colonial Fleet Librarian Premium Member

Back then, still battling his guilt issues where Raymond is concerned (which he is still doing). Horatio is such a (somewhat unbelievably) stoic character, plus he has never faced up to his feelings for Yelina. He represses them, let's her get on with her life and if that means her dating others, so be it, even if it was Stetler! This in turn means that H can continue to avoid the reality of facing his feelings.

One thing I loved about that final scene in Hurricane Anthony, is that H actuallly wants to go and see her and Ray Jnr. Yes, he wants to help them take their hurricane defences down, but the fact remains that this was a big emotional turnaround for him after Blood Brothers.

This is a big step for him, hence his pained expressions when he is battling his innermost thoughts before speaking to her in HA. You can really tell how much he is thinking and evaluating. His 'thank you' at the end was so poignant. He knows he is sending her mixed emotional messages, so he is thankful to her for understanding and in a sense, forgiving him.

Most TV shows rely on plot devices to manipulate the storyarcs as we know, to crank up the drama. Many of these such devices wouldn't occur in real life, but I do think the writers did a good job of conveying an emotionally repressed Horatio back then, struggling to cope with his internal conflicts.

The big question is, is this storyarc ever going to move along and actually develop? :rolleyes: I still believe it will, but I may lose the will to live waiting for it! ;)

Oh, a quote - shall I take it? Okay.....

Y: So, how'd it go?
    H: How did what go?
    Y: That business with Ray's file. There's nothing more to it, right?
    H: Yeah, um, the file was fine.

6. Lunalove

Lunalove Police Officer

^ Hmmm, 'Big Brother'?

And please: no heartbreak! I know it's probably going to happen, but I really wish it wouldn't!

7. Lucy

Not Big Brother. ;)

Indeed, I'm somewhat attracted to TV relationships that appear to be 'potentially' doomed, lol. Fortunately, this is not reflected in my real life!

8. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

That quote is from Recoil, I'm 200% certain.

I love Horatio/Yelina because they've actually admitted to each other that they're interested in pursuying a romantic relationship with each other. There's only one thing that keeps them apart, the fact that she's his sister-in-law.. I'm pretty sure he'll get over it one day, although it'd be a bit against his character. You have to admit when Horatio has an idea about something he sticks to it. I hope with that little dramapoint, he changes his mind.

Sorry that I haven't been around in a while. Been very hectic at school. We have to work in the store from 7.30 am till sometimes 7.30 pm with maybe a 10minute break in between to eat something.. Oh and even today we had to come for half a day :( Shop opens next week, thank god. But the next couple of days will be the same routine ..

9. drgnldy

drgnldy Police Officer

I agree. That's probably why we all liked that epi so much. I know I liked it for the very reason that IT COULD HAVE BEEN REAL. That is, it didn't have the surreal quality that so much of Miami (particularly re H) has. Real man. Real woman. Real situation. Real sweetness.

But, imo, Y's relationship with Raymond is the least of H's problems. It's only a symptom of a deeper inability to function as an emotionally healthy adult. I think the GTB go overboard in writing H's response to the victim. That is, his empathy and response to all victims is beyond compassion. Too close, too intense, too creepy. If I were one of those victims, I would back away fast. It's just too weird sometimes. I'm telling you, there's an asylum out there still looking for its missing inmate.

And finally I thought of one:

Y: What? Do I look. . .?
    H: Happy?

Sorry if those aren't the exact words. I don't have DVDs to fall back on! Just my poor, flawed brain.

Happy weekend!

Meant to say Kit I like your banner more every time I see it. It's the story of H/Y without words.

10. Lucy

I agree, it is often way over the top. One has to suspend one's disbelief on many an occasion (more so lately I feel). Usually, I like intensity in characters very much (one of the reasons I love BSG) but, it has to be believable intensity.

Kit, Recoil was correct! :D I'll let someone else guess where drgnldy's quote is from. ;)

11. Kit4na

Kit4na CSI Level Two

Okay I know where drgnldy's quote is from but I already guessed today so I'll let someone else :D

I'm in a need of some good H/Y moments.. but for now I'll settle for the old episodes, but it won't take too long before I grow tired of standing still :)

12. Pusher

Pusher Coroner

Not only u. ;) This type of relationships (tv show, movie or book) are so memorize, strong, exciting, moving etc. coz of this I love them so much. Even sometimes they to be away from the reality or not with happy ending I still like them a lot, maybe I`m angst addicted . ;)

And I agree that in Miami we desperate need believable intensity (re BGS) if H/Y still have future. Btw again great choice of ava and banner dear Lucy. :D

Nice to see u Kit. Hope soon u to have more free time for u here. :)

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Real life has been too tirng for me to keep up with all the posts here, but I do lurk.

I want to say that you're all right about there being no more excuse for H not to act on his feelings for Y anymore. Ray's been really dead for awhile now. The only reason I can rationalise is that either he's afraid to go into realtionships after what happened with her-who-should-not-be-named, he's perhaps the bad guys might try to get to Y, (as they did with Kyle too) or he's too preoccupied with Kyle. In real life you're right it might be interpreted as disinterest on H's part.

The part about him telling Stetler that Y didn't like champagne, I thought it was very magnanumous of H for his "sacrifice" althogh he clearly didn't like her to be with Stetler he wanted Y to be happy. But I guess it gets old with time, it's been so long it's time for H to do something about his feelings for her. Sorry if I'm rambling, I'm just typing what comes to mind now.

I caught scenes of H and Kyle in Youtube, from 'Inside Out' and the storyarc allows DC to play out his emotions and allow us to see a more emotional H. I wasn't sure I'd like the Kyle stoyline but so far I think it's been good from the bits I saw. And I'm liking it. It's just so lacking of Y though, I'd like to have seen Y being there for H through all this.

drgnldy I like the idea of the fanfic you posted awhile back I might just steal the idea, when and if I find the time and energy to conjure up some fic about it.

The quote you posted is it from 'Grave Young Men'?

14. Need4Speed

Need4Speed Coroner

you know none of this tension and longing to be together but can't get together because they think it's wierd would have never happened if H had only asked out Yelina those many years ago before she met Ray. and then we would have an amazing ship with lots of fun things to talk about like dates and kissing and ....uh *ahem* other things :devil:

15. mandy9578

mandy9578 CSI Level Two

Hello guys! I haven't been here lately since my PC crashed on me and I've got to say I've missed so much already.

I think I understand why H is reluctant to pursue a relationship with Y, with her being his sister-in-law. Such is considered as taboo in some societies. I would consider it really weird if my Mom started dating my Dad's brother. However, since this is television, that roadblock to them getting together makes for more drama and I would love it if they would eventually get together and who cares what society thinks. Right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.