Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shelbers said:
lol, DaWacko which Koivu brother?? i have to say that i really don't know much about the Finnish team this year since I havent had an opportunity to see them play. But if they got to the final with us (Canada) well i'm assuming it will be a good game. GO CANADA GO!!!!!!!!!!

Mikko. Saku didn't get in since he had eyesurgery because of that eyedamage he got a year ago. It's funny, no one expecte that we would get there, because there isn't really big names in a team and they've had problems to find the right lines and two defensemen injured and especially Petu (Nummelin) which was leading guy.

But Jere Lehtinen. Oh he is so great. Kicked some USAs ass.

And oh, Ottawa won... if they win next one as well, they are going to the finals, I don't think Buffalo could win 4 in a row.

Thanks DaWacko! :)

quick stat for for all the team canada fans: last time canada went 8-0 at worlds (like they are this year), they went on to beat finland (who they play in oh, 6 hours for gold) in a shootout to win the gold. :lol:

yeah i watched that whole game. After the Sabres went up 2-0 i was thinking that maybe they were going to win, then the sens came back and well when briere got that goal with 5.8 seconds left i was exstatic! lol. but that one hit that alfredsson had on talinder, that should have been a hit from behind call. talinder got hurt on that play and alfie didnt even get 2:00 in the box (and yeah it was a hit from behind). and then well, joe corvo had to go and ruin my fun when he scored the ot winner for the sens. but i still have faith! go sabres go!!

ok another quick stat (thanks to ron mclean for this) but in years ending in "7" it has either been a canadian team or detroit winning the cup. :lol:

CANADA WINS GOLD!!!!!! :D :D :D
Canada beat Finland 4-2, Rick Nash scoring twice to take the Gold Medal at Worlds today!! Sorry Ducky, but hey, the Ducks are still in the Playoffs :)

Did anyone see the celebrations in the locker room after?? Jason Chimera spraying everyone (including reporter Ryan Rishaug) with champagne, and the dancing?? Oh and the speach that Andy Murray (coach) had was amazing!! Or the Staal brothers hugging and belting out "O Canada" together?? That, for me is the best part after winning a medal, everyone singing the anthem.

Way to go Canada!! :D

SENS WIN!!!!!!!!!3 games to none YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!This is great the Sabers our out there no way they can come bck frm this!Sens are going onto the next round WOOOHOOOO!and should I add YIPPEE :lol:

The first two perioids in final was awful :rolleyes: We just didn't skate and waited for Canada do something - well they did two goals on powerplay. Oh how stupid was that Tuomo's penalty, why he did that? I always say it's easier for us to be bit behind and we get our game to work when there's some kind of panic. Just like this time... last 10mins were awesome.

Oh, so Sens are going to finals and now Ducks just have to kick some ass, I'm glad they won the game 2.

Between the Ducks and the Wings I wana see the Wings go to the finals, never cared for the Ducks.Wings are a good strong team and deserve to have a chance(still want Sens to win cup tho lol).Only reason Ducks have made it this far is because they have the strongest defence in the NHL and they only have that cuz of a very stupid trade.

GO SENS GO!!!!

ok yeah...i can say that the sabres are etting their game handed to them, and that right now theyre behind the 8-ball. lol. but still im cheering for them in game 4 :)

ok now i finally am off the fence about who to cheer for in the west and that is the wings. i bow down to holmstrom becasue after being absolutely clobered by both neidermeyer(sp?) and pronger from and taking 13 stitches comes back for the 3rd...oh and he got 2 goals in the wings 5-0 win:)

as for that hit...now neidermeyer got 5 and a game...and pronger (who hit from behind and to the head might i add) got nothing. in my opinion i think that the refs gave the wrong guy the penalty seeing as pronger hit holmstrom in the head (illegal). hits to the head are what are causing so many of the players injuries. i mean i lost count of how many concussions there were this season (i know it cost the oilers a lot of games). i have a feeling that there could be a suspension here, or at least some fines handed out. just because youre down in the game (i think it was 3-0 or 4-0 at the time of the hit) doesnt give you the authority to double team a player from behind. now one or both of the guys saw each other closing in on holmstrom and yeah either of them should have backed off. yeah, its passionate, playoff hockey, but there has to be a line drawn somewhere and those two crossed it. that is exactly the kind of publicity that the sport doesnt need. ok rant over :)

oh and speaking of publicity...was watching sportscentre and saw the clip of the stanley cup on boston legal tonight. lol william shatner saying his name should have been on the cup because he lent bobby orr (i think he said) his "lucky jock strap" before the game which the Bruins won :) :lol:

5-0. Seriously. Wings are on my 'most hated' list with Devils and Tampa.

:rolleyes: c'mon Ducks! You cannot be so bad!

OMG :eek: Sabres won :lol: :lol: They have to play damn well next three games if they want to the finals :p

So yeah, hopefully Ducks win the next game so it won't be 3-1 for Wings. Meh I hate 'em so much.

Good for the league for suspending Pronger, he deserved it. now congrats to buffalo for finally winning a game! :lol: Just 3 more...:lol: GO BUFFALO GO!!!

OMG Pronger got suspended holy cow! :eek: thats gona hurt the Ducks!

As for Sabers wining :eek: I couldnt believe they actually won!Never thought they had a chance.Still dont by the way.Be extremly hard for them to come bck.But if they did would make for one heck of a series!GO SENS GO!!!!!!!!

Mods sry for the double post but its been over 24hrs so i cant edit.

Ok on topic.SENS WIN!!!!Sabers are outa here!!!YAHOO!!First time in Sens history that their going to the finals.Hope they win!Cup belongs in Cananda!!!GO SENS GO!!!!

And to Oilers news they have just signed a 3 year contract with,defencemen Theo Peckham.Hes 6'2", 223-pound native of Richmond Hill, Ontario was the Oilers second choice (3rd round), 75th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft.

P.S GO SENS GO!!!!!! :D

lol ok so yeah my "little team that could" (aka the sabres) are out. well, gotta give credit where credit is due. todays game was EXCELLENT!! congrats to the sabres on making it this far, and hopefully they can make it further next season! so now i guess its go sens go for me too :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back