Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raging4Ryan said:
I got very use to it :lol: and to top it off it was the glory days for the oilers when they were winnin all the cups for 5 years strait lol.

Umm.. Oilers never won 5 strait :p

They did win 84 and 85 but Montreal won 86 and then Oilers won 87 and 88, while Calgary got the 89 cup and Oilers again on 1990 :p

But *cough* it was glory days of Canadian teams :D

yeah the glory years for the canadian teams, well minus the leafs. :lol: sorry to any leaf fans, but i mean, its been since 67 (i think). :lol:

Is any1 having trouble loading NHLs game radio iv gone to 4 different site trying to hear the game and it wont load. :mad: Im even on the Ducks site tryin to get the game radio to load and it wont.

I didn't have energy to get up at 3am :p

Lol, I clicked this thread and went "ohohoh, nonono, I wont read it from here I want to read it from Finnish website"
:lol:

WOOHOO! GO DUCKS! :D *does a little dance* This wasa good start, tho they have to take less penalties :devil: Sens made both goals on power play :devil:

well, the coyotes have a new gm, and the vp of the isles stepped down. *yawn* lol. sorry, not much going on in the hockey world today, just waiting for game 2 to start, so i can cheer on the sens again :D

I venture into the 'Miscellaneous' forum for the first time, and what do I see right at the top - a hockey post :cool:

Despite being from over the pond here in the UK, hockey is my favourite sport. I am a huge New York Rangers fan. I've been over to see them play quite a few time.

Last time I was over was in January, saw 3 games, Rangers at home to Boston and Ottawa, and on the road at NJ.

Anyway, just saying HI! I'll keep an eye out for this thread now.

well......evil ducks. sens are now down 2-0 in the series, but the next 2 are in ottawa, so lets go with home ice advantage!

oh and did anyone else think that don cherry should give back the picnic worthy table cloth?? :lol: im sorry, that was one of the worst don cherry outfits i've ever seen tonight, and i've seen PLENTY! but then again, thats why we all love the guy :lol:

Woohoo! I forgot to set alarm so I'd seen the game but I'm glad I didn't.

so first. WOOO! GO DUCKS GO!

I was checking results from teletext as first thing I woke up... I reach for the remote from my bed, then look at the ceiling while I choose the correct page (because I didn't want to see it from index page) :lol: :lol: So erm... didn't take my glasses and with hard concentration I saw 1-0 for Ducks and *ugh* Swedish player Påhlsson had made that goal :p Oh well..at least the won.

Then I realised it was 6am but woke up because it's so goddamn bright and I don't have proper curtains :p

If Sens want to fight, they have to win next game...or next after that too because when it's 3-0 or 3-1 it's pretty hard to win after that.

If Sens want to fight, they have to win next game...or next after that too because when it's 3-0 or 3-1 it's pretty hard to win after that.

The Boston Red Sox came back from 3-0 to win the World Series. But that's a different thread ;) :p

allstar12 said:

The Boston Red Sox came back from 3-0 to win the World Series. But that's a different thread ;) :p

And a different game :p I remember some NHL playoffs that it has been 3-0 but it wasn't the final.
Actually, in finals... 77% of teams that have won first final, have won also the whole thing :p

Ok, veering off the playoff track for a second.

*This just in....Sidney Crosby was Just named team captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins, making him the youngest captain in NHL history.

I'm still on the fence on this one. I mean, "Sid the Kid" has a tendancy to lose his cool a lot (from what I've seen). Who knows, maybe this will help him in that area. Either way, he has talent, no one can argue that.

Ok back to playoffs...the sens need to start seriously playing like the Sens we all know and love. I'm not sure whether its the bad Anaheim ice, the long break, or the time zones, but the Sens that Beat the Sabres have disappeared (only to come back in brief flases with just minutes to go in the games).

I also don't know how good it was to break up the first line of Heatly, Spezza and Alfreddson after just one game, but hey, I can't control Brian Murray. :lol: Here's hoping that the Sens can turn it around at home (the home team crowd is always a good shot in the arm)!

GO SENS GO!!!

Shelbers said:

*This just in....Sidney Crosby was Just named team captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins, making him the youngest captain in NHL history.

I'm still on the fence on this one. I mean, "Sid the Kid" has a tendancy to lose his cool a lot (from what I've seen). Who knows, maybe this will help him in that area. Either way, he has talent, no one can argue that.

Wtf? I've always thought there has to be something else than just 'talent' to be a captain. Leadership, y'know... I don't think Crosby has that...yet. *grumble* They couldn't find any better? Or more...older player? Should be an example for the team. I mean, look at Koivu in Montreal. First non-Canadian captain for 'em and he is just great... hasn't been captain for team Finland for few years but I think he is typical captain. He is the leader of the team... god knows where this will lead Penguins :rolleyes:

Ok back to playoffs...the sens need to start seriously playing like the Sens we all know and love. I'm not sure whether its the bad Anaheim ice, the long break, or the time zones, but the Sens that Beat the Sabres have disappeared (only to come back in brief flases with just minutes to go in the games).

I also don't know how good it was to break up the first line of Heatly, Spezza and Alfreddson after just one game, but hey, I can't control Brian Murray. :lol: Here's hoping that the Sens can turn it around at home (the home team crowd is always a good shot in the arm)!

Making excuses? :p :lol: yeah, ice is good one to blame ;)
Perhaps Ducks just play in different way that Sabres, that's why they don't get their ...things to work (I'd have lots of Finnish terms :p ) Just like we play against Sweden... we play well but against Sweden.. it just doesn't work out.
If you play with a certain way and it doesn't work against all teams.

Dats it.

They really broke the 1st line? That's strange... if they've played whole season together and, when you look at the standings, they are top three if I remember right... why? To wake up your team? I think it's more like messing up with your team.

After lerking for a couple a days finaly decided to post

Ok as for the Oilers and the cup thing that was my screw up im not that good with past hockey history obiviously :rolleyes:

And as for the Sens and the Ducks the problem isnt the ice the problem is there game.The Sens are a great team with the talent and the speed.Their just not using that talent and speed for some reason.Another probs is the refs in Anaheim what was it TWO calls to the Ducks the entire game WHAT IS UP WITH THAT c'mon are they losing their sight or something man alive! Like Shelbys been saying hopefully on the next game the Sens will use home ice advantage and kill the ducks!!

GO SENS GO!!

allstar12 said:

Two things: One, it was the ALCS, and two, DON'T REMIND ME! I'm still trying to block that memory from my mind.

DaWacko said:
Shelbers said:

Wtf? I've always thought there has to be something else than just 'talent' to be a captain. Leadership, y'know... I don't think Crosby has that...yet. *grumble* They couldn't find any better? Or more...older player? Should be an example for the team. I mean, look at Koivu in Montreal. First non-Canadian captain for 'em and he is just great... hasn't been captain for team Finland for few years but I think he is typical captain. He is the leader of the team... god knows where this will lead Penguins :rolleyes:

hey im with ya, i dont think crosby should be captain either, hes still too young. and i know that there are those out there arguing that when steve yzerman got into the league he capotained his team the first year. but thats yzerman. and when lecavillier (tampa) captaioned their team he was just a couple months older than crosby is now (19 almost 20) and vinny didnt hold the 'C' for long. i still think that the pens should have assigned someone with a little more experience or even just not assigned a 'C' at all (they only had 'A's last year).

ok time to give credit where credit is due, there were awards handed out today...Lecavillier got Richard (most goals), Crosby got Art Ross (most points) and Manny Fernandaz and another goalie (who's name escapes me) got the award for lowest GAA.

***SENS WIN!!!!!***** :D :D

ok yay! anyways, why is it that pronger cant keep his anger ic check???? he took out dean mcammond tonight with an elbow to the head and there was NO penalty!! what happened to the crackdown on shots to the head?? hopefully he gets a fine at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back