Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Well after just finishing watching the Bruins and Sabers game on television, way to go Bruins, I certainly wish I had had tickets to catch a game. Especially this one. The intensity and energy was beyond words. How can you beat double overtime in any playoff game? And I am proud to say that a hometown boy, Michael Ryder set up an amazing goal by Satan for the winner. And Rask was unbelievable!

:lol: I believe I once again envy you Kat....first meeting Wally and now having tickets! Dan Cleary is another hometown boy, so in supporting all the Newfoundland boys playing, go Detroit, San Jose and my all time fave....Boston.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Bruins? Never heard of them. ;)

GO CANUCKS! :cool:

(Although from my childhood days, I still secretly pull for the Habs too. :lol: )

3. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Ah, I've been so happy that Wings are out :p \o/

And it's bit unfair for me that either Pens or Habs will be out... *le sigh*

Anyways, World Championships are also going on, those are played in Germany.

Has been rather interesting so far, at least Finland's group. First Germany beats USA in OT 2-1. Then Finland sucks big time and loses to Denmark (srsly, Denmark... even tho they beat Canada few years ago) 4-1. Yesterday Denmark beat USA in OT 2-1 and Finland barely won Germany 1-0. And it's either USA, Finland or Germany that will be 4th in this group and has danger to be dropped to group B :D :lol:

But even against Germany. We were pretty much saved by our goalie in 3rd perioid. Finns just stood there when Germany was mostly doing all the work and keeping the puck.

4. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Congrats to the Montreal Canadiens for beating the Pittsburgh Penguins 5-2 and winning the series 4-3. You've got to love games and series that are back and forth like that. I don't watch hockey but when you live in Toronto you get so much hockey thrown down your throats that you've no choice but to have some knowledge of what's going on :D

5. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

lol yes meeting Wally was fun! No need to envy me on the playoffs though....my bank account is happy though. :lol:

The Habs however made me a very happy woman and I will def be rooting for them all the way now! Took the sting out of us being eliminated so early having them kick Crosby's rear end! Go Montreal!

6. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I was extremely happy when Montreal beat the Penguins. I was happy when they beat Washington, but this last elimination was great. Mostly 'cause the Penguins knocked out my number one team and also because I dislike Crosby and the Penguins :D

I just want to get an opinion on this from some of you. During the two Penguins series, I noticed some serious bias on the part of the refs. I'm not saying this as a Habs-Sens fan's POV either. Even one of the guys from CBC commented on a play where Crosby threw his stick and he said that it would've been a penalty for any other player. So what do you guys think? Do you think the refs favour certain teams or players?

7. CSI_Kat

oh without a doubt they favor certain teams and players. Just look at the Red Wings/San Jose series....it was extremely biased towards San Jose. While Detroit didn't play their best there was one game where Detroit got 10 penalties and San Jose got 3. If Detroit hadn't spent 1/3 of each game killing penalties they would have had a better shot at winning. Game 5 San Jose did 2 things that should have been game suspensions but one was called a 2 minute minor and one not called at all. Even the announcers kept commenting on it.

After Montreal was up by 4 the refs started calling weak penalties against them - I am sure to try and help Crosby's team get back into the game.

8. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

And there was a riot in Montreal after the game.

I am always happy that there and "new" teams in finals, I mean Pens were in finals in the past two years, wings god knows how many times.

I haven't watched any games so far and depends on times and days, do I even bother since I have to wake up at 6am anyways. I guess if those start at 4am I'd be ok to wake up.

Referees are sometimes strage. And I hope if they make big mistakes, they won't be in finals

9. CSI_Kat

Anyone ready for hockey to start??? I am going to a couple days of the Red Wings training camp next weekend...should be a blast. I also got season tickets this year! So excited about that.

10. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

New hockey thread can be found here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.