Hockey Fans

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by misscsiny, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

oooh see and this is why the league (sorry, the 30 team owners) need to approve to have hi-def cameras in all the arenas. because then things like what happened at the NYR/BUF game would be a lot easier to review. and yeah it should have been a goal. my dad and i were arguing over it :lol: hes goin for the rangers and im cheering for buffalo :D we always go for different teams, its hilarious:lol:

and did anyone catch that canada/slovakia game today??? the refs in that game, i tell ya! horrible call that cost canada the game!! :mad: though it was a good game, lol.

ok to the happy part of the post! the sens won!!! :D 3-1 lead in the series! GO SENS GO! i tell ya, it would be awesome to see a sens/sabres eastern final. after their match-ups in the reg season, plus the skill of both teams, it would be highly entertaining!

2. Ducky

Ducky Master of the Moos Moderator

Oh, we barely beat Switzerland today :rolleyes:
    And OMG! Germany beat Czech 2-0 :eek: What a surprise! Then Denmark-Sweden.. in first perioid Sweden's goalied had one save... and yet Denmark had two goals :p Must have been great savin % :lol:

Yay for Sens but boooo for Wings winning!

All I have to say about NHL this time :p

3. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol yeah when i heard about the germans shutting out the czechs i was pretty surprised too. :lol:

GO CANUCKS GO!!

*ETA...Ducks 2 Van-City 1 in 2 OTs

ok well i know ive been behind the canucks since the beginning but i mean isnt it keeping with the tradition?? they get to the playoffs, and then make it a couple rounds, then we have naslund explaining to the world why yet again, the team just couldnt cut it. guess its a good thing i like the Sharks too :lol:

4. Ducky

WOOHOO! GO DUCKS GO! :D
    Teemu has still a chance to win Stanley Cup :D Yayness!

OMG, Luongo saved 56 :eek: holy mother say I, the guy has been busy. I mean, Giguere saved 26... tells who was leading the game.

5. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

The canucks lost this series, because they can't score!! also, incapable of holding the lead...the ducks were too strong for them, they are not as physical.

Go SENS Go! LOL...

6. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

Now, now. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here :lol:

I'm incapable of cheering Ottawa, even if they are the only Canadian team in the playoffs. So, Im going with the next best thing - cheer for the team with the most Canucks on it - Anaheim!

Move over, DaWacko. Im coming over to the ducky-side :lol: :D

7. Ducky

Yay! The DUCKS will take over the world :p

Oh I just hope they get to the final! It would be so great!

*does a happy dance*

8. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Yeah, there are canadians on every team, we have quite a selection to choose from. But since I didn't grow up in Toronto, I love the Sens. I will never, ever cheer for the Leafs, yuck :p

9. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

lol, i could never be a leafs fan, lol! and as for canadians being on every team, anaheim has the most. :)

ok and what does everyone thin about the government stepping in and trying to force the captaincy away from Shane Doan at the World's?? I think that government and hockey should not mix and since those alligations that Doan actually said those remarks havent been proven, they should leave him alone!

*and dispite all this controversy....Doan can still lead his team, scoring a hattrick for a 6-3 Canada win over Belarus!! :D

10. ThisIsMe

ThisIsMe Coroner

Congrats to the Ducks!
    ...have to call bull$h*t on their first goal though, but they played a great series!

And congrats to the Canucks- fantastic season, especially for a team the critics didn't even think would make the playoffs!

11. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

Well Canucks are out.Its sad but they had a good season and theres always next year.

Well with the Canucks out its GO SENS GO!!! Iv never cheered for any of the Estern province teams dont like em lol but with every one on this side of the country out its GO SENS GO! I just wana see the cup bck in Canada!!

12. Ducky

It's really stupid. Seriously. Just like René Fasel (head of the IIHF) said...was what you said. Politics and sports shouldn't be mixed. :rolleyes:

13. allstar12

allstar12 CSI Level Three

What they're trying to do to Shane Doan, is very, very stupid. I don't know if he said it, and frankly I don't really care. But, is there nothing better to talk about at Parliament than something someone might have said over a year and a half ago..? Global warming, raising gas prices, health care .. there's so much more they could be spending their time and energy on.

14. Shelbers

Shelbers Police Officer

yeah he didnt say it (according to bob nickolson the pres of hockey canada) and i read in the calgary herald an interview with doans former teamate daniel briere (sabres) that shane doan would never say anything like that, he has too much respect for others. briere went on to say that he has never even heard doan swear. and that should say a lot...i mean we can all lip read a lot of what is said on the ice and a fair chunk of it ain't pretty.

heres a link to the article: Briere Supports Buddy Doan

***oh and what kind of good canadian would i be if i didnt say this?? Congrats to the Senators for making it to the Eastern Conference Finals :D :D

15. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Lab Technician

YAY Sens won *party*

What a wonderfull game!Iv never paid much attention to the Senators but they are an outstanding team IMO.They did a tarific job last night!!Goal tending,and defence were really good,the Sens sure know how to play!

As for this Shane Doan thing I dont know what the full story is behind it.But government should not be involved with sports.

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.