Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I have been to Tampa, and it is very weird to see the St. Petersburg Forum or whatever it's called there, right next to a bunch of palm trees. There is something about hockey and palm trees that just don't go together. Ah well.

Sorry about the Oilers. The Leafs and Islanders are hanging in there by the skin of their teeth, otherwise everything is set.

This is the first time the Flyers have missed the playoffs since 1994. I have been spoiled all these years!

Oh my dear Penguins <3 They've sucked so much in past 10 years :lol:

And Canadiens are out :( Dang, my another fave team. and how they dare to lose to some... Leafs :p

Oh Teemu was so great this season :D 48 goals is awesome for someone his age :D Only Lecavalier (sp?) and Heatley had more :D

So my cheering for Ducks is pretty much because I'd like to see Teemu win something BIG in his wonderful career. He only has our national championships, he wasn't even 1995 team in WC, when we won. I mean, he went to Colorado to win the Stanley cup, but how much Colorado sucked.

I guess not much to cheer for than those two... I have no feelings for the other teams :p

OH the Oilers havin just been bombing this season like they were for 16 years tell last year when we finally had a chance at the cup!!!!!!!!!! but in game 7 the refs let everything fly there were no calls on anything in that game thats why the Canes won cuz both teams were pullin dirty tricks and the Canes had a little more steam behind them, im stupid enought to admit it! lol

I dont know who to cheer for this season with the Oilers out i really dont know I hate most of the other teams Canadian or American specially Cannucks and Flames!(no offence to pple who like them)

Theres only one team i might think of cheering for ,even tho i hate them ,it would probably be the Flames(you have no idea how hard that was to say :lol: )the only reason I might cheer for them is bcuz there in the same province as me but if I go cheerin for the Flames in this city id be crusifed!lol

There are certain rules regarding for whom I root in the event that my team does not make the playoffs:

1. They cannot be a team that defeated my team in a significant game. Now, I realize that by choosing to root for the Penguins I am rooting for a team that swept the Flyers during division play this season. For the purposes of this rule, the regular season does not count. Teams like the Red Wings, who swept the Flyers in the finals in 1997, are out. This disqualifies Tampa Bay and New Jersey.

2. They must be a team I know. This basically rules out any western conference teams. I don't get much hockey coverage as it is, but western teams are NEVER shown, and therefore I know almost nothing about them.

3. Preferably the team has some former Flyers. Penguins have Mark Recchi and used to have John LeClair.

Meh, usually team that has no Finns wins... this year I think those are Devils, Rangers, Islanders and Senators :p

Well, so much for the Pens! The Sens are up 5-1! :eek:

So that is why the Flyers did so poorly this year. I believe we have a fair number of Finns on our team. ;)

NNNNNNOOO! :( Oh well, next game :D

Hey now, Flames wouldn't have been in finals a few years ago if it wasn't Kipru :p

Since my team is out of the playoffs i havnt really been paying attention but how have the Flames been doing?
Even tho i hate the Flames there the only possible team i could even think about cheering for :rolleyes:

My friend is giving me a hard time for rooting against the Sabres (who won tonight). What should he expect when he makes a good show of making fun of the Flyers during the regular season?

All I have is one word...

believe.jpg

We have the greatest goalie & the deadliest(sp) set of twins alive. Plus, we got the guy with the best eyes in the whole of the NHL heehee. I love that the last man to beat is Roberto Luoungo(sp?) :cool:. 2007 is our year & it's time for a Canadian team to win the cup.

GO CANUCKS GO :D!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back