Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im an Oilers fan too i mean i got the copper blue runnin through my veins lol its just i dont like the Cannucks(no offence to thos who do)lol its really hard for me to say GO FLAMES GO specially with all the rival in this city lol i could never say that outside my front porch.Id be stoned!!!lol

lol....don't worry Ryan, I feel you're pain. I have family (parents included) and friends all living in Calgary and I'm still alive! I was at a party for that last Oilers/Flames game and when word got out that I was die-hard Oil fan, I was told where the backdoor was. Needless to say that after that game I reminded them where they could find the back door :lol: And I am VERY careful where I advertise my Oiler pride when I go back to visit....some people in Calgary arent that friendly, lol!

I just can't bring myself to cheer for the Flames. the only way I do is if they are split up and its in some sort of International tournament :lol:

So...Sabres, Lightning, and Sharks all won tonight. And I don't really know who I'm rooting for in those matchups. Well Tampa for sure, and the Sabres/Isles is a toss up for me, love both the teams (oh and congrats to Smitty on his goal), and what the heck I'll be going for the Preds...I've never been a huge Sharks fan :)

EllaJ said:
Go Canucks Go.. :) I just wish they could win in regulation. I can't handle the stress of OT..especially 4 of them

on NHL.com they have a few celebrities blogs. Eddie Cahill is doing one..He's alright, even though he likes the Rangers :p

omg! I had to leave a message for him...especially since he was rubbing in the Rangers victory... :p

I love that I get to break out my towel in the playoffs...I live in Toronto now, so its pretty funny, all the leaf fans are mad at me!

LOL Shelbers yeah saying Go Flames Go in this city its as bad as saying GO Oilers GO in calgary :lol: talkin bout getting urself killed LMAO heck my fiance would call off the wedding if i said Go Flames GO in front of him lol
And i dont blame those guys showin ya the door in that party lol if a Flames fan showed up at a party here hed be tossed out the door lol exatly why im keepin my mouth shut lol

yeah im not exactly vocal about my love of the oilers if im in cowtown :lol:

so...how do u think lowe is gonna improve the team with "6 to 8 more players" ...i mean who will have to go to swing that?

ok so ive found some songs....u know the playof songs radio stations makeup to cheer on their teams. these ones are in favor of the flames i know i hate the flames but i found these oddly funny. (that and they kinda ruined Sexy Back for me)!

ok so the first one is a remake of Justin Timberlake's SexyBack and the second is a remake of 50 Cent's In The Club. All credit goes to The Vibe 98.5 out of Calgary

http://telusplanet.net/public/nicclay/StanleyBackVibe985.mp3

http://telusplanet.net/public/nicclay/in_da_dome.mp3

Calgary vs. Detroit game 3 tonight.. GO FLAMES GO!!
I've got good money sitting on this game :lol:
If I didn't have early school tomorrow, I'd drive up to Calgary and watch the game on the red mile :lol:

Nooooo :( My Penguins lost again. If I start to support Ottawa, will they start to lose? :D

Oh, hoped DUcks would end the series but looks like not.I mean, they will probably in next game... I mean I hope we get Bäckström to World Champ... even tho we have there Norrena already :p

I think many Vancouver fans will echo this- OMG we actually won in regulation time!!!
:lol:
and to Willie Mitchell- thank you, thank you, thank you!
:D

Yes canucks won!!! whoooooo!!! haha, its funny, my housemate's boyfriend is up here from the US, and he is so amazed by the whole hockey thing. He said he has never seen so much in his life! LOL...

ok so being bored this morning i was flipping chanels and stopped on the gill deacon show (on cbc) and she had jody vance (formally of sportsnet, now on leafstv) for a segment having something to do with the girlfriends guide to hockey or something like that. now i realize that its a stereotypical thing, males usually follow sports more than females. but i mean i know more about sports than a lot of guys i know. i just found it funny. any thoughts??

oh and about the flames/wings series: the flames road woes are continuing and detroit has more home games....im thinking the flames could possibly lose in 7....theyll put up a good fight

Shelbers said: and she had jody vance (formally of sportsnet, now on leafstv) for a segment having something to do with the girlfriends guide to hockey or something like that. now i realize that its a stereotypical thing, males usually follow sports more than females. but i mean i know more about sports than a lot of guys i know. i just found it funny. any thoughts??
I agree, total stereotype. Last guy I dated knew nothing about hockey, or sports in general. I get so many guys coming up to me at work (I work in the sports and entertainment field) and are like "Oh, I bet you hate being here for all the games" and it's like "Really? Just because I'm a girl?" It is fun to see their faces sometimes when you come back at them with all the stats and facts about the games and teams though :lol: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back