Hockey Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I so hope Buffalo and Anaheim gets to the finals :D

I'm sorry, but none of the three teams are really my fave but Ducks have Selänne and Buffalo has Numminen. Even they both cannot win... I'd really, really hope Selänne would finally win Stanley Cup. He deserves it. he has never won anything big and it would be great. Well, same would go with Numminen, tho he has got two silver medals from Olympics :D

World Championships. Sweden are Canada are already in medal games, they'll play against each other... not sure what day.

Today we find out who'll be next two teams

Finland - Belarus
Russia - USA

I hope it's Russia and Finland but erm... there's no chance we can handle Russia, esp now that Niittymäki injured himself in Canada game :(

MAN.... When there was 4 teams left, three of them had Finns: Anaheim, Edmonton and Buffalo.

Two were knocked out and now when it's Edmonton vs. Carolina... of course Carolina will be winning :rolleyes:
I know Markkanen never plays but he is still in the team :p
So go Oilers! ( I thought I never say that :lol: )

Since I'm posting in this thread... I can't believe Fredrik Norrena goes to NHL in next season.. and to the team I hate! Tampa Bay... GRRR Fredrik how you can do this to me!? He is so old to be rookie there... he's 33 :lol:
He was the one who played against Canada in bronze game in this spring's WC

Also Nicklas Bäckström is going to NHL, to Minnesota. He isn't that young either... I was quite surprised. He's great but never been a fan since he has played always in teams I hate :p

Aki Berg comes back to Finland. And what team? TPS. My fave team. And comes to screw up their game... if it can get any worse from last season.

Ah, lovely TPS. So many Finnish NHL players have come from there. Koivu brothers, Hurme, Kiprusoff, Berg (!?), Niittymäki, Lehtinen (tho he started in Kiekko-Espoo aka Blues), Timonen, Niko Kapanen (tho wasn't TPS junior)

*end of hockey rant*

Aww I can't believe the Oilers blew that 3-0 lead and ended up losing 5-4! On top of it Roloson is injured. Dammit, thank god there are 6 games left. Goooo Oilers! It's about time a Canadian team won what's ours.

I just saw the goals in sports news last night... wtf Edmonton doing? Was it that 4-3 goal for Carolina where they lost puck on the blue line?
And the winning goal... wtf was that goalie doing there? Or that defenseman?

I swear those are in top 5 screw ups

Holy crap Edmonton lost 5-0 today :eek:. They better do something with their offence if they wanna win a cup anytime soon.

:eek: Noooo.. what a heck is wrong with you Canadians!

...oh...wait... Markkanen was goalie :lol: :lol:
But he has played last time on 1st March so it must be hard and the pressure is high :(

No surprise there. It seems Edmonton really needs to cut down the penalties.

Whew. Edmonton beat 2-1 today. I totally forget they played today 'cause of World Cup so I checked nhl.com to see the score. When's the next game?

Wow :eek: And Jussi was goalie! YAY!

Next game is already on Monday. I think (since I checked and it shows Tuesday for me so it has to be Monday there behind the ocean)

Awesome game tonight..my neighbours probably hate me after all the screaming at the TV tonight.

Look who was at the game :lol:

Alrighty... Kiprusoff got Vezina Trophy? Wtf? Was that like... erm... why on earth he didn't get that when Calgary played in finals? He deserved it back then, not now. It was really strange. Jennings Trophy he deserved :D

and Yay! Selänne got Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy :D
And Ovetshkin was best rookie :devil: YAY for that!

So trophies:

Hart Trophy (MVP): Joe Thorton
Lester B. Person Trophy (MVP voted by NHLPA): Jaromir Jagr
Calder Trophy (Top rookie): Aleksander Ovetshkin
Vezina Trophy (Top goalie): Miikka Kiprusoff
Conn Smythe Trophy (MVP in playoffs): Cam Ward
William Jennings Trophy (owest goals-against average): Miikka Kiprusoff
Adams Trophy (Top Coach): Lindy Ruff
Norris Trophy (Top Defenseman): Niclas Lidström
Lady Byng Trophy (Sportsmanship): Pavel Datsjuk
Selke Trophy (Top Defensive Forward): Rod Brind'Amour
Bill Masterson Memorial Trophy (Perseverance and Dedication to Hockey): Teemu Selänne
Maurice Richard Trophy (Most Goals): Jonathon Cheechoo
King Clancy Trophy (Humanitarian Contributions): Olaf Kölzig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back