Grissom & Sara #27: Intimately

Status
Not open for further replies.
The point I was trying to make wasn't me saying she was unattractive, but to explain what I think the writers have been doing with her character. Liz Vassey is another character on the show that doesn't look all that attractive on the show, but when off she looks very good. I apply that to the characters they play and the directing as a whole.

I'm not here to bash on her, but like Grissom has said before, "Attraction is subjective, it can't be analyzed."

Remember the endless flip? The purple shadow? The maroon pantsuit?

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man that pant suit was horrible. I remember watching that episode with my roommates and thats all they talked aboout for the whole episode. But I guess Grissom liked it! haha.

mrb. That is one of my favorite Grissom quotes. So very very true.

As for a pre-relationship, I have read some great fan fics that explain certain scenes that they would have had a past together. I think something happened but it wasnt anything compared to how it is now.

4 episodes left already? It went by so fast. I am so looking forward to these episodes, but find it hard to want them to come quickly because that means finals. I guess it will all be worth it when I get to celebrate the end of a semester on May 17th.... the finale day! YAY

IMO Sara is attractive if they just make a little effort to make her so. i adored her look in Happenstance in our Pumpkin scene. she looked totally adorable. i also noticed that in the past she had quite a lot of episodes where she looked nice. for example Compulsion that i've watched yesterday - really pretty.

but if they are going to make her hair look like a washed potato, like in Homebodies, it seriously takes away a lot from her appearance.

so yeah, it depends. but lately she looks way better and i like it. and let me say this, if i didn't like it, i might have not ship them. cuz i'm a Grissom shipper, anybody knows that, lol.

alrighty. time to sum up my thoughts on three pages of posts!

Anyways, here's my offical statement. I'm cleaning up my act as soon as Season 7 ends. I will not read any spoilers for Season 8. NONE. Promos are fair game.
if you need any help with that Spoiler Addicts Anonymous is here for ya!

I've always thought that one of them (probably Griss) had a 'holy s___ life is short!' moment after Grave Danger and finally fessed up. I also think it's totally possible they could have had somewhat of a thing pre-Vegas. If that was a lunch meeting or they slept together or somewhere in between, who knows until they tell us. But I really think there was something more than just all those Grissom eye-sexing Sara all through class scenes you always see in fanfics.

OH I almost forgot, I really want BOTH the cocoon and the letter but since you made me choose I said the cocoon, I just LOVE the symbolism and I have loved the whole butterfly thing all along (in case you didn't notice)

ok think thats all

The point I was trying to make wasn't me saying she was unattractive, but to explain what I think the writers have been doing with her character. Liz Vassey is another character on the show that doesn't look all that attractive on the show, but when off she looks very good. I apply that to the characters they play and the directing as a whole.

I'm not here to bash on her, but like Grissom has said before, "Attraction is subjective, it can't be analyzed."

I get that, mrb (off-topic, but is your screenname from Clone High?) I still think, though, that the occasionally flirtation or boyfriend that she's had is just to show us that Sara is a normal girl, not a hot commodity. Catherine or Sofia, it seems, can't go anywhere without someone telling them how hot they are. Sara's flirtations always seem to be on more of a cerebral or verbal level, with the only exception really being the construction worker who hit on her, asking her for "a screw".

Grissom has called Sara beautiful, but he's sort of been the only one. Catherine once made the crack, when Sara asked for a mirror, that she didn't think she cared about her appearance, and quickly ammended it to "at a crime scene" with a bit of an eyeroll at Sara's hurt reaction.

This year, I think they're trying to show a woman who's finally at a really calm place. I don't attribute it to Grissom, though. I think that's a chicken and egg, but my take on it is that Sara's "new attitude" (all the way from Snakes on) is what finally made him take the leap. Not that he, out of the blue, decided to take a chance and then she blossomed into Miss Sunshine.

HAHAHAHAHAHA oh man that pant suit was horrible. I remember watching that episode with my roommates and thats all they talked aboout for the whole episode. But I guess Grissom liked it! haha.

Honestly, I think that's one of the reasons they keep the shot to such a close-up, because Grissom huskily asking her what she thinks of swinging would've been hard to accept while I was staring at that horrid suit.

Yeah, spoiler-free... that'll last. *snort* Hee, kidding.

Anyway...

The Lady Heather episode and the finale will be the first time this ship sails into potentially soapy waters, and I will admit that I'm a little... concerned.

Sarah You think the Sara-bashing is bad, you should take a look at what people say about Sandra Oh supposedly being Isaiah Washington's love interest.
Where on earth is this? The only GA board I've ever visited is the one on TWoP, where they practically fall down and worship her. (As well they should.)

Mr.B, I get what you're saying about Sara. (I've no idea what you think of Jorja, but I'd understand if she wasn't your cup of tea - Jorja has a very pretty face and a body born to model clothes - but a body born to model clothes doesn't necessarily translate as the kind of body most men want to gaze at from across a room. I've had a suspicion for some time that Jorja is most women's idea of beauty, rather than most men's.)

Anyway! I rather like it that Sara is kind of dressed down on the show. I think one overarching theme of the show is that the CSI & lab girls are deliberately contrasted with the showy, textbook-"sexy" women that make up the showgirls, strippers, & hookers of Vegas that so often make up the victims or the perpetrators of crimes. Not to mention the desperate housewives/girlfriends/single gals that either envy or try to emulate them. That type of woman is generally associated on the show with crime, blood, and lust-without-love.

In contrast, Sara and the female lab techs are almost universally normal-looking - even when they're played by gorgeous actresses. Catherine is an exception, of course, but a major part of her character is that she was a stripper who "crossed sides", so to speak. Sofia is too, and back when the show had no idea what they were doing with her, she originally came across as a femme fatale type much like Lady Heather. However, in recent times, although they still don't know what to do with her, they are now writing her as a woman who doesn't really recognize her own potential for that kind of fantasy-fuel beauty. Hence the unisex clothes, the tough attitude, the secret yearning for the paper rose and its accompanying cheesy come-on, and the flattered response to the creepy Undersheriff's clumsy flirting. But the rest of the women... they're supposed to be - not plain, but just a normal, un-actressy, unshowy kind of pretty.

I rather like that, despite living in Vegas for years and being a red-blooded het who gets his head turned by showgirls and likes the Lady Heathers and the pre-retconned vamp-Sofias, Grissom is ultimately portrayed as falling for a "normal"-looking woman. Because, really, that's what most men do. This is something I like about CSI; despite the gorgeousness of the actors, I can believe that the characters just look like normal people. Unlike, say, on Miami.

And, ultimately, what women (other than Catherine) is going to put on cashmere and white CK jeans, blow-dry their hair perfectly and apply their make-up just right to go rummaging through a dumpster or wading through a sewer or to have to take it all off to shimmy into a jumpsuit and tie the hair back?

When people bash Sara, it reminds me of a lot of the comments that people made about Yoko Ono. John Lennon balked at this in an interview I saw recently filmed as part of a documentary, and said, "Yoko's not ugly. I mean, I see some really awful-looking people that the magazines say are all right." etc. Basically I think it's not that "Sara" is ugly, it's that people expect a man of power and a man that a lot of women find "sexy" like Grissom to be snapping up a woman whose only value is on the outside.

He's dated Teri Miller. He hung out with Lady Heather. He chose to be with Sara.

I think it's easy for the people who love WP or Grissom to expect him to date a woman solely based on looks, but the minute that it isn't about that primarily, it becomes a confusing issue of, "Well, that's not who he's supposed to be with aesthetically!"

Well, I think Jorja/Sara is 'beautiful' stunning, in appearance, her big brown eyes, her high cheekbones. her gorgeous lips, her shiny thick hair.. her trim/slim figure I had no idea fans saw her as un-attractive :( and I guess Grissom finds her that ways as well..I mean beautiful :p

"from "PNN"

Sara "since whe were you interested in beauty"
Grissom "Since I met you"
gsr.png

prdaily7.jpg

ILUVBILLY said:
People, what's with the depressing theory's? I have it from reliable sources that no one! is dying but both Jorja and William are leaving during or at the end of S8. Wanna hear my theory? It's mushy:

:confused:

edited to add spoiler box

Please keep in mind that you need to use spoiler box codes when discussing any episode that hasn't aired in the US yet.

Grissom has called Sara beautiful, but he's sort of been the only one. Catherine once made the crack, when Sara asked for a mirror, that she didn't think she cared about her appearance, and quickly ammended it to "at a crime scene" with a bit of an eyeroll at Sara's hurt reaction.
there were two more times as i recall where the show addressed Sara's looks. first, it was Catherine, in *probably* After The Show or a similar ep. it went sort of like this:

Cath: Did your parents ever tell you you're pretty?
Sara: I guess ...
Cath: Did they ever tell you you were smart?
Sara: Oh yeah, definitely
Cath: See the girls who are only told they are pretty blah blah blah.

the second time was ... damn, i think this one is from After The Show. well, whatever, you get my drill. anyway:

Creepy Photographer - Suspect: I'll talk ... only for the one in the next room -- The Pretty One.

so yeah, i think Matt gave us the best fitting quote - "Attraction is subjective - it can't be analyzed".

Exactly. I think that the point is simply that Sara doesn't get noticed, and doesn't want to be noticed.

Except by Grissom. lol.

Who has called her beautiful directly (since I met you), indirectly (someone young and beautiful) and said she looked nice in "The Accused is Entitled". He obviously has no problem with her physical appearance.

Remember the endless flip? The purple shadow? The maroon pantsuit?
Oh god, yes. *shakes head*
I think that's a chicken and egg
*giggles* I love that analogy as you can tell. :lol:
I had no idea fans saw her as un-attractive
I had no idea either! :eek: I was thinking how odd it is that only Warrick is married out of the CSIs, oh and the lab techs. The average marriage age in America is 25 for women and 27 for men. Yet they seem to have left this out of CSI. Do you think it is TPTB worrying about losing fans because their ships don't work out or, dare I say it, they are concentrating on the science too much. (Can't believe I just said that! I love you science! :lol: I'm a crazy person. :()

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

As they say. Jorja/Sara reminds me a LOT of me. Sure I'm told I'm gorgeous, beautiful, yada-yada-yada, but I myself, don't see it. She dresses the way I dress, acts the way I act, we are just...the same in a lot of ways.

Sara doesn't have to "try" to be pretty/beautiful/whatever. She just IS. Her personality makes her gorgeous. And that's how I see people. If you are the most GORGEOUS person in the world and you have a stank personality, to me, your ugly. That's how I see people.

Looks aren't everything, and Grissom knows that. He's attracted to HER. Her aura. It's what draws him in.

Am I making sense or am I just rambling? I'll stop now. :D

Oh! and I remember what the Blades of Glory reference was. See spoiler box if you want to know...because it's in an upcoming episode. So...Will Ferrel said something(not sure exactly what it was) all I remember was "batshit crazy" and I zoned out for a minute and went "OOOOH! 5 more weeks! Batshit-fucking-crazy-Grissom!" Wow I need therapy. :lol:...seriously. :lol:

edited to re-name spoiler tag and add other comments into tag

WOW! This is some intense debating going on. Lets just say Jorja is beautiful. k...

Did anyone read what Ausiello said in his report in the magazine? He said a close source says that Jorja wants to start pursuing more greener things and she could very well be leaving the show. What a big A-Hole! why would he say that? now idk again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back