Grissom & Sara #27: Intimately

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Turtlebaby, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh i for sure agree that they connected at some level in SF. he wouldn't invite her to Vegas and look so happy to see her if they didn't. i don't believe that they had any intimate relations though. the mere look at Grissom's expression when she asks him if he wants to sleep with her in, what it was? Too Tough To Die? tells me that they definitely weren't anything more than friends anytime prior. if they were dating pre-Vegas, Grissom would pursue a relationship with her from the beginning i think. we remember that in S1 he was flirting with every female he worked with, dating lab techs and Terri Millers.

gee, i so cannot see him now flirting with let's say Wendy. even if he wasn't with Sara, it just seems OOC. btw, didn't Wendy flirt a little with him in WTG (or was it Bang Bang)?

2. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

I agree with all of you. There was some sort of connection, but they weren't dating.

Grissom was a massive flirt in season 1, wasn't he? (Again, I am baffled by how so many people are convinced that Grissom would never date someone at work, when his character seemed quite happy to swim in the office pool from the get-go). Season 6/7 Grissom (aka full-blown GSR Grissom) seems to have returned to his flirtier self, although all the flirting is directed at Sara (as it should be!). I quite like Season 6/7 Grissom.

3. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

You are all going to rip me for this, but personally I don't think Sara is very attractive, however, the writers have made her so in the sense that Greg & David have had crushes on her, and she also had the relationship with Hank, therefore it isn't like she is some bottom of the barrel broad that Grissom is going after.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Jorja has a unique face. It's why she was a model - good bone structure, and a different look. She's not everyones' idea of attractive. I think you also have to kind of consider that David and Greg are nerds, and here comes a new nerdy girl in the lab.

As for Hank, well, he was a jerk anyway. lol.

I don't know if I get the last comment, though - are you saying that she is bottom-of-the-barrel, or that TPTB are trying to make it seem that way after the fact?

ETA

I also don't picture Grissom as the kind of guy to whom looks are the only priority. I mean, he could have had Lady Heather (who is, to most people, much sexier than Sara), he could've had Teri Miller (ibid) and he let them go. Not necessarily on purpose, but whenever he's done something equally stupid with Sara, he's tried to keep her the next episode or at the end of the same episode. Sending the plant, telling her she's beautiful...

I think that he's allowed things to sour between himself and Teri or Heather in a way he wouldn't with Sara. And some say it's because Sara was more persistent, but I disagree. He got closer to Teri or Heather date-wise than he did with Sara, and then he walked away.

By the time he got to that place with Sara, he was in the relationship, not just trying things out.

I also want to say this about Jorja's looks: seeing her at award shows lets me know that Sara is drabbed-down and dressed-down. I do a street test with most "ugly on TV" women. If I could picture them walking down an ordinary street, would they be more attractive than average? In Jorja's case, I would say yes. Marg has a va-va-voom effect that they don't let Sara have on the show, and that could be a big part of it.

5. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Well people were saying "Why would Grissom go for Sara, she isn't attractive," and what not. And I was trying to get the point across that its not like she has been a loner for the past 7 years with no men attracted to her, and all of a sudden Grissom comes around. I don't know if that helps at all.

6. Whoooooareyou

Whoooooareyou Victim

Anyone know what's up with YTDAW? You can't get to the real forums, it just links to an actual tax page...

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Check my ETA on the last post, but I do agree. I think you can't help fan perception, though.

There are women, as Miss Bingley said (P&P shout-out. lol) "who seek to recommend themselves to the other sex, by undervaluing their own"

I also think that there's such a trend in knocking people down for their appearance right now that it's perceived as natural or normal to scoff at any woman on TV in a relationship who doesn't do her hair and make-up like she's going on a date Saturday night when she's at work.

You think the Sara-bashing is bad, you should take a look at what people say about Sandra Oh supposedly being Isaiah Washington's love interest.

I get what you're saying, but I don't think they ever really made Sara a "hot chick". Guys showing interest is one thing. I mean, they want us to believe that Greg, who is adorably cute, couldn't get laid until he was 22. That's the standard they're setting - that Greg is scraping for dates.

8. Grissoms_Fox

Grissoms_Fox Victim

9. Whoooooareyou

Whoooooareyou Victim

Ah...thanks!

10. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I think people who have jumped into the show more recently don't realize how long the romance has been going on. It sure took me a while to catch up on reruns, and even when i did that, i liked other ships.

dude, i'm at school, and i'm gonna get busted

11. csi_love

csi_love Police Officer

I think Jorja is attractive but Sara is supposed to be tomboyish so her look is a little more casual than, say, Catherine's.

12. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

I voted for yes I think they were together before vegas, but I regret it. Thinking about it properly, why would Sara have been so suprised with the mile high convo, since I met you, if they had been together before, so I regret my decision. :( Silly Egg. I also agree with Alyssa that they were just friends, very good friends. Which also could have made things awkward.
    Insight into Turtles brain. :lol:
    :eek: Sara is the sex! ....IMO :rolleyes:
    I totally agree with all of above, they have sort of made Sara a character that doesn't care about outer beauty as much as Catherine. Remember when Sara asks Catherine for a mirror? She was all I didn't think you cared about your appearance. That blazee(sp?) attitude makes her more attractive IMO. I can understand others attitudes towards her though. ;)

13. LadyDisdain

LadyDisdain Witness

Agreed, Egg! I think Jorja is lovely and Sara is hot. Quietly hot, understatedly hot, but still hot. Beauty is totally subjective, so I know others may disagree, but to me, Sara's natural beauty beats Cath's overt charms any day. I never feel like an argument has to be made for why Grissom finds Sara attractive. She's intelligent, kind, gutsy, not afraid to get her hands dirty, likes (most) bugs . . . and she's extremely pretty (to me and many others--including our Bugman)!

Oh, and Egg, I think you're going for blasé. (Since you're modifying "attitude" and not Sara, and since we don't gender our nouns in English, you don't have to make it feminine--i.e. blasée.) And, again, I completely agree with you! Her indifference to her appearance heightens her sexiness.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Meh - mrb is entitled to his opinion. And on top of that, he said Sara - not Jorja. And no one who has watched this show can deny that they've done some pretty horrid things to Sara's wardrobe, make-up and hair over the years.

Remember the endless flip? The purple shadow? The maroon pantsuit?

Either way, it doesn't much matter. Grissom chose Sara over Teri Miller and Heather - both of whom were constantly dressed to the nines with perfect make-up and hair. If that's what he wanted, more than anything else, he'd still be over at the Dominion.

15. eggbe4thechicken

eggbe4thechicken Pathologist

^That's what I meant. Couldn't find it on google, so gave up and guessed. :lol:
    Totally. Someone with lots of make-up *cough*Cath*cough* tries too hard IMO, Sara doesn't need it, which proves her beauty. :D
    Overt indeed. I love Cath, don't get me wrong, but LLV irritated me. :(
    *hugs*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.