Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Oh, I get that, Alyssa - it just seems as if if he's going to ponder it for a month, it wouldn't make sense that he basically gives Ecklie 48 hours notice and hasn't told Catherine anything - the woman who would take over his post. So... I think my thing is... if he's going to wait till then, Sara had better damnwell know before everyone else. And not "find out" accidentally, either. He needs to actually sit her down. I forsee a scene at the end of Loco Motives with him just going home and sitting her down, and saying, "We need to talk" and have that be it for the episode. I mean, that would make the 7x11 scene with Nick makes sense - so we don't totally know if Sara knows that he HAS, in fact, made up his mind, but I want her to know that he's considering it.

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I voted for make it clear to Sara, that he needs time alone.. she understands him ..and will be cool with his decision ..she's not going to blow off what she's worked so hard for for so long........and, I wasn't trying to be difficult on his face change, or his personal habits or his face structure :rolleyes: .. it's that he just look's different.. but "great" he's so handsome.go Billy.... and here's one from S/1 the 'Pilot" :confused: see the difference?
    PILOT

and to be fair, beings this is a GSR topic.. here's one of them from S/1

CHAOS THEORY S/1

3. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Alright guuuuysss, i was just watching the dailies video from LHB, the Loosing Balance scene, and although this particular moment didn't air, it givies away Grissom's intentions through WP's acting. it was in the end of the 5th minute (for anybody who has this vid, around 4:55), and a couple more times later. Grissom did THE SAME head movement that he did during the Pin Me Down scene. ya know, the moment when he slightly lifted his head and opened his mouth. WP did EXACTLY the same thing with Heather. so what i'm trying to say is just what we knew all along, he was aroused in Pin Me Down, yo, and it was very purposeful.

but we already knew that. i'm just finding evidence, lol. besides, i'm completely excited about it.

oh, wanna bet he's gonna do the same thing if he'll kiss Sara on-screen? lol. oh man, i can't wait.

ETA:
    warning, after i cooled down, i gotta say could've been exagerating the importance of it.

lol

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

LMAO.

Can I just say that ONLY Adzix would go through and decipher "Grissom horny signals"? That's fantastic. I love you.

No, I get what you mean, though - that's the "This is more than just a work moment" look.

I think that Grissom tends to use that same soft, under-the-radar voice with both Sara and Heather as well.

5. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

LOL
    Thanks for that!!! imagines the Cath's face
    i want a scene ..he in the phone talking something like "i'll wait for you, DEAR"....or HONEY ..... don't need say i love you( i don't know what will happen with me when i listen Grissom saying this LOL) and Cath is listening..we can see he nervous WOW
    i want she knows he is in relantionship but doesn't know who lol

About poll number 2 for me!!! cos it's not about her(i really hopeeee)!!

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

aww, thank you. *hugs sarah* yeah, i am the "male sex signals interprator" in this thread.

sorry if i'm speaking weird english right now but i have my cell-phone sized TV switched on Flavor Flave Reunion. it disables me to think and makes me really dumb at the moment. i can't stand New York. gaaat.
    exactly.
    gawd, i love his voice. you can hear it even more on that vid too.

7. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Crysthala, you and your scenarios ROCK! *hugs*

Thank god we have an interpretor around here, because i lost my license to practice male sex signals interpretation due to lack of use. Or perhaps it was misuse... I can't remember ;) :lol:

Oh god, totally. For me when I watch that scene, Sara's very much on the case until she looks around and says "Yes" and then she realized just how damn close he is and her brain goes into overdrive "Oh god! Grissom is pressed up against me! He's pinning me to the wall! Oh, god, Grissom! Um... gotta move... gotta move before I do something stupid..."

Whereas Grissom sort of gets lost in the moment. She's talking about the case and he's all pressed up against her, and moving his hands down to her sides when he really needn't have demonstrated that part (as I think you, Sarah have pointed out in the past)

I think he's basically split in two in that scene. He's on the case and yet there's part of him that subconsciously gets drawn into the fantasy of being that close to the woman he desires but hasn't (yet) allowed himself to have. So he's definitely aroused.

And then when she gets all awkward with him and brings up "whatever did or didn't happen" between them, his brain catches up and goes "oh god, I was just in a really intimate situation with Sara!!! :eek: "

... if that makes any sense at all, I'll be shocked. It's nearly 2am here...

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. No, it makes sense.

I really like it when you get the sense that Grissom has sort of let all of the walls fall down. And almost every single time, it's done without any dialogue.

And yeah... he's usually... *ahem* horny.

I'd probably say that he was still guarding himself during "Tape Me Up" - but only barely. And I think it had a lot to do with the fact that she had just arrived, and he'd probably convinced himself it wasn't going to be that big a deal having here there.

The unguaded smile in Gentle, Gentle - and definitely the naked expression in Scuba Doobie Doo all go to that theory as well. There are a handful of times when he just sort of gets to him - whether she knows it (Snakes) or not (Invisible Evidence - or at least doesn't know it till its over).

And that may have been the big problem with them getting together. Grissom could only really be open to it when he wasn't thinking so hard, and Sara didn't realize what was happening till it was over - and she had time to think about it.

Which is why, as Grissly would say - Snakes was that big step forward. Sara caught him in the vulnerable moment and said what she needed to say, and then left him to think it over.

9. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

I completely agree. They were both so oblivious up until point Sara turned back around and realized that she was pinned against a bed sheet. By Grissom. You could just tell her heart started beating two times faster after that one little moment. That's why I love that scene so much. It was so heated, and then the very moment when the whole situation flips upside-down makes you sit at the edge of your seat.

Agree with you againt there, Fogs. The whole recreation was pretty much un-needed. I mean, it's pretty obvious that the car wax had to get on the sheet and wrists by him holding her down. They didn't need to show how it was done. Sara so just wanted to be pinned down against a bloody sheet by Grissom. I mean, wouldn't you? :p

In the past, I think when initiating things with Sara, Grissom had a plan. But once he put it in gear he wouldn't know what to do after Sara reacted to it. He would immedietly backpedal once things started to get deeper, once he didn't have complete control over the situation. I sort of miss the early seasons beacuse of that. I loved speechless/nervous/getawayfrommebecauseIdon'tknowwhattodo Grissom.

Which was another way, I think, of Sara telling Grissom that it was now or never. He needed to make a move and fast or else she would be gone. If I were to name an episode as one of the biggest GSR catalysts, I think it would have to be Snakes. It was a reminder to Gris. If he kept holding it off she would eventually stop waiting. After Snakes was Nesting Dolls, and I think Grissom really was set out to try and fix his relationship between himself and Sara. It basically went downhill from there.

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

By the way *mischevious face* for anyone who wanted to know what Lululemon pants were... here you go.

mwahahahahahahhahaha.

*coughs*

In other news...

Oh, I know - I like how when it comes to the nonverbal, Grissom is all "Hands first, brain second". And Sara's the one who becomes a social idiot. I just loved the commentary for the scene where Grissom "gets it" and the guy talking is just like "...and he feels ridiculous".

Because he pretty much fucked himself over. Now she knows, 100%, how he feels. Which is why she doesn't look surprised in Butterflied. Just hurt that that's his explanation - that he thinks she's just out to do the boss and will get bored of him.

Yeah, and the things she said to him in Nesting Dolls were definitely helped by completely laying it on the table in Snakes. My opinion? Grissom panicked. He realized, after Ecklie's comment, how close he was getting, and how everyone could see it. And it took Committed to get him back on track.

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Ah, the incredible "Pin me Down" scene. I could go on and on about that scene and just how much HEAT there is in that moment. I mean, he doesn't move. He doesn't flinch. He's totally lost in that moment where they're so close together, totally lost in just being near her, that he doesn't realize, "Um, we're at work, DUH," or even, "My guard is down! Crap, my guard is down!"

She gets it. He's in his own little world until she breaks it and brings him back to reality. She's the one who moves. He had no intention of moving. If she had planted those hands on his shoulders instead of keeping them awkwardly in the air, that scene would have a COMPLETELY different ending. :) muahahhahahahahaahahah.

12. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

and maybe that's why Unbearable happened. he was scared of how close he got to Sara at that point, he freaked out and tryed with Sofia to see how it feels to be close to someone other than Sara.

look at it this way. after Pin Me Down he felt the enormous tension and electricity, and it's been quite a while he felt something like this, if we exclude LH a year before. maybe he tryed to convince himself that he would feel exactly the same towards another woman. maybe he wanted to try it out, give it a shot with someone else, see how it goes. but then he realized that with Sara he has a special connection and although Sofia is attractive, smart, and understands his work, there is much more he needs from a woman, and that what he feels around Sara is truly unique.

i think the thing with Sofia is that, well, not that she was more flirty than Sara, cuz they both are, but they didn't have history together. that's why with Sofia he feels less awkward. but then again, where does the whole awkwardness come from? unresolved tension, one-sided confessions, Grissom's withdrawals, history or all of the above?

it's a really hard thing to interpret if you ask me. i'd say Unbearable in terms of GSR, happening after ND is extremely confusing and oh, so hard to figure out. we saw Sara trusting Grissom, giving him a piece of herself, something she didn't trust anyone with yet, and after that he goes and flirts with Sofia. he hears Sara, jumps back and with guilt in his eyes continues to ramble about the case. and in the end of the ep, he asks Sofia out (am i right, he asked her in Unbearable, right?). i wish to hear how Billy would comment this episode.

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, I think I've just figured out why Sara felt so uncomfortable during the Pin Me Down scene at that exact moment. She was all... what is that poking my leg - OH. OH. Um... OH.

Yeah. It's true. Don't deny it.

Either way - there are so many possibilities for timelines, but I think if they tried to make Sara the only woman Grissom ever had eyes for...I don't know if it would've worked. I think part of it is that Grissom was finding his way around relationships for a long time.

14. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I love you guys too. ^.^ Adzix, by the way, is definitely the resident male sex signals interpreter. Adzix's avatar is going to send me into seizures because Billy shirtless (or the mere idea of it) makes all kinds of butterflies flitter around in my stomach. Hee hee. Especially the naughty kind. :devil:

My favorite thing about the Pin-me-Down scene:
    1. I own it. Woot!
    2. Sara's POV: "Hey Grissom, pin me down." I say, he has big hands. You know what they say about big hands. Mmm, if he wasn't holding me down I'd probably lurch out and kiss him. Such yummy lips. So yeah, that's how the wax got places, and- wait, hold on. Huh. What is unusual about this situation? OH... MY... G-O-D. GRISSOM IS PINNING ME TO A SHEET. Ooh, he smells like... like... like Grissom. Narm, he kind of smells like AXE. Has that been invented yet? Eh? What's that, Professional Sidle? Oh, right, career interests. <cough>
    3. Grissom's POV: She's what? Oh. Well, I'm sure she must have a reason. <whistling> Well, no UST unertones here. Kinda weird if there were, we were discussing rape and all. Mm, she's really warm. And she smells like lemons. And strawberry shampoo. Why do they call it strawberry shampoo? Strawberries don't smell. Right-o, so that's how the wax got places... umm... hang on... dear God, am I pinning Sara to a sheet? Agh, I haven't had this elaborate of a sexual fantasy since... um, wait, Butterflied hasn't happened yet. It's, what, 4, 5 episodes away? I think the writers are working on it, though. God, she looks great from this angle. Great from every angle, except for that one from the future premiere of Season 5 when she'll be readying to speak to me about her drinking. Her face looked flat in that scene. Whoa, wait, where's she going? Nooo, Sara, come back! <sob>

Woot for canon-based scenarios. Cheers. ^.^ <bubbly>

Edit, because I type slow. What? Shut up, genius takes time!
    I am laughing so hard I can't breathe.

15. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, for anyone who's following them, the fast national viewer numbers are finally up - guess that's what happens when you take GSR out of an episode and make the week before look like it's angst ahoy. lol. Nah - that was just bad placement of three very popular shows cramming themselves together on one night when people don't really watch TV - a stupid move considering they're not even showing one this week.

But I have a feeling we'll get plenty of GSR before the Christmas break, with Sara's rather stark absence and Grissom being not as present himself for the last two.

So... fingers crossed, basically.

I think that with another MCSK installment, it's very likely that the ratings will go up again. I believe Deal or No Deal is changing times as well.

I have that effect on people. *smug* lol.

So basically what I'm gathering from the poll is that people don't mind Grissom leaving Sara point-blank so long as he makes it clear that he's not really "leaving" her. No? Yes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.