Grissom & Sara #24: Since Norman Fell

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by theatresporter, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Upon reading your post, ts and I decided that you are a bigger geek than us. Which means that you are the BIGGEST GEEK EVA. That is all.

:p

Not that I’d ever say “told you so”, but…

*in best Grace Adler sing-song-y voice*
    Told ya so, told ya so, told ya told ya told ya so…

Ahem…

*drools uncontrollably*

*pats Adxiz* aww, there there. He still looks hot, hon.

I have a little bit o’ shameless pimping to do. Spent the last several days building a new website to host my fanfics, etc. There’s a new improved Fanfics Recommendations page there, and the GoScaR results and the GSR Top 20 (for both 2005 and 2006) are there too. It’s kinda pretty (due in part to ts’s wonderful help with the banner :) You’ll find it here:

GUTTERFLIED

Now, given that LLV is indeed airing after Christmas, how does everyone imagine the Geek's Christmas? What sort of tree would they have (and would the have a tree)? How would they spend the day? Who would do the cooking? And would Grissom eat tofurkey for Sara? :lol:

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Coolk page :) And there's an Angel page too *pounces on it*

I'd love to see a GeekChristmas...you think Sara would wake up to see Gris under her tree with a large red bow tied somewhere? hehehhe. And there has to be lots of mistletoe so they can kiss a lot.

3. Steph

Steph Prime Suspect

I did not hear what Griss and Sara were talking about in Happenstance. What was the paper he was looing at? Can some angel please give me a dialogue of what went on between the two, cause I didn't record it.

4. IloveBilly

IloveBilly Police Officer

Have HERE

5. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

The paper Grissom was looking at earlier in the episode was a letter from Williams College, inviting him to take a sabbatical from work so that he could go there and teach for a semester.

The final scene between Grissom and Sara goes as follows:

---

SARA enters the library area off Grissom’s office, wearing her court suit. GRISSOM is reading “Walden” (which was mentioned in the letter from Williams earlier)

SARA: I heard the guys solved a double murder.

GRISSOM: Mm.

SARA: I spent the day sitting on a bench outside the courtroom. They never got to me.

GRISSOM: That sucks.

He resumes reading

SARA: (noticing his book) Felling transcendental?

GRISSOM: Hmm?

SARA: Thoreau? (smiling) I haven’t read him since college.

GRISSOM: Me neither. It holds up. (reading) I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion.

Smirking at that, SARA spots his crossword puzzle and picks it up

SARA: Oh look. You missed one. 63 down. Misanthrope.

GRISSOM looks a little taken aback at this

She gives him and his book a somewhat suggestive look.

SARA: I won’t wait up.

She leaves. GRISSOM closes the book and looks troubled? Worried? Thoughtful? Who knows?

---

Hope this helps ;)

Edited to add - I was over at wikipedia reading up on Walden and found this line particularly interesting:

This immediately made me think of Grissom talking in Way To Go about his trip to the Rainforests, and how he'd like to go again. If he's feeling the need to get back in touch with nature, does anyone else think that he and Sara might go off on a trip to the Rainforest or something similar at the end of this season? Might be a great way for them to leave the show, if both actors choose too (Note: Not a spoiler, we still don't know if they're going to come back next season or not)

6. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

oh thank you! i hear that so often since i'm in the US, you know *throws out chest with pride*

lol.

no, but seriously, i do.
    i know *sob* but, but i was so happy the beard is *sniff* gone and now he is growing it back? *histerical sob* i hope it's just for the play *wide, hopeful, watery, puppy dog eyes*
    this is completely awesome. i used your old Fic Recommentations page frequently, and now it's all improved, looks great. bookmarked it ;)

oh and everytime i read "This Is Not A Parody" recommended by you, i have to take relaxing medication to control my cracking up self. it rocks Da Planet the same as blue coveralls do.

okay y'all, i was going through my GSR art and look what i found:

[​IMG]

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

His face is thinner. anyone thought maybe he had a bit of lipo? HMMMMM. all of a sudden his face is different and slimmer :eek: show biz, desires younger and prettier.. maybe..maybe not..

[​IMG] S/1 "SLAL"

[​IMG] "Burden Of Proof" S/2

[​IMG] "Anatomy Of A Lye" S/2

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

To me it simply looks like a fully uncolored beard. Because the grey hair that he has is close to his skin tone when he's paler. Either way - it's WP. If he's going to keep the beard, he's going to keep the beard.

It reminds me of something James Van Der Beek said, though. I didn't watch a whole lot of Dawson's Creek, but I watched enough to know that Dawson was pretty much this virginal wide-eyed boy. James said that in his off time, he would purposefully color his hair darker because he didn't want to wake up every morning and see Dawson. So... the beard could just be him not wanting to wake up and see Grissom.

Or he got bored of shaving, etc. etc.

Quote from the article:
    Interestingly enough, it was WP who had wanted the CSI crew to come and film him at Williams during the hiatus, teaching around a pond or something, but it was quickly decided that the scheduling would be too crazy.

Having said that, a phone conversation might be a whole lot easier... *whistles* lol.

Aren't WE mature? *glares*

I do have to say this: if that's what WP has after 5 days of not shaving - dear GOD he probably had to trim the beard constantly. The Danish don't seem like a bearded people to me - am I thinking of the Dutch?

In terms of plastic surgery - it's possible, desert -but WP dropped a ton of weight in the middle of filming the seventh season. Hence why he looks flabby in Toe Tags, yet trim in Built to Kill. It's a lot easier to lose 10-15 pounds in a couple of weeks than it is to recover from having fat sucked out of your face and then sewn up again.

Besides - his whole body looks thinner.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

True.. sarah but lipo isn't really "plastic surgery" a friend of mine. Linda had flabby arms and had lipo.. they just insert a needle and wa-la. suck all the fat out.. her arms are now firm again ;).. he does have a round chubby face.. and weight loss doesn't really change the shape of your face.. but hey.. one never knows.. I read he lost 20 lbs. (WPAP} that's not that much to make his face so much trimmer/slimmer/ ya think? and remember his wife is only 32.. so do the math ;)that's why he looked so good with the dark beard.. it slimmed his face down :p

[​IMG] See the side of his face? that's gone in the new photo

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Meh - who knows?

His face was a lot thinner back in Season 1, and that was only 6 or 7 years ago. I thin once you hit about 45, your face doesn't do a lot of changing.

Whatever it is, it was WP's choice and not Grissom's, and is beginning to teeter on the edge of discussion of the actor's personal life (sorry for being moddy).

Either way...

11. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

My face changed shape after I lost 20 lbs. It depends on the bone structure underneath. Plus, good make-up application can change the shape of the face too - its all about the shading and the highlighting (I knew my years of training would be good for something... :lol: )

(NB: I am not suggesting that WP wears make-up... although he might, I don't know first-hand... more men should thinking about using cosmetics... at the very least facial washes and moisturizer... um... I think I lost my point somewhere... )

Out of curiosity, has anyone here read "Walden"? I've been skimming through chunks of it that I've found online, and I'm liking what I'm reading so far. Like Grissom says, "it holds up". Its all about getting away from the rat race, from the superficiality of the world, and getting back to a simplicity, to a more quiet type of life. Its totally meta from what we're seeing from Grissom so far this year. He's burning out. Vegas is taking its toll. He desperately needs time out from it all.

Can anyone else imagine he and Sara moving to a small town, somewhere rural, and starting a new, simpler life? They could still work in forensics or teach, but not in the rat race that is Vegas. Or, like I said earlier, going off to the rainforest to work for a while, maybe do research...?

12. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I say "confused." Grissom probably thinks she's mad at him for some reason. VIOLA! I have a scenario!

Grissom: <cellphone rings> Hmm> <checks Caller ID, smiles, answers> Hello, dear... Yes. Yes, I'll be done in half an hour. Mm hmm...
    <Catherine looks on, getting progressively more confused.>
    Grissom: Yes. No, I love you more...
    Catherine: :eek:
    Grissom: Okay, dear. I love you too. Bye.
    Catherine: Who was that?!
    Grissom: Girlfriend.
    Catherine: Oh. Wait, WHAT?!
    Grissom: Heh heh heh...

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

yeah, when i came to the US, a year ago i gained like 15 pounds or maybe even more and my face was definitely a lot rounder. then i came back home for 3 months and i lost it all, and my face is like it used to be. so IMO, it depends on a person. 9 kilograms is a lot, and the change is visible.

well, i also noticed that he is a kind of person that can look so completely different on the pictures. remember when we were thinking the same thing after seeing him at the Emmy's? then we saw BTK and we were like, "naaah, he may've lost some but he looks the same". so basing on this one pic, i'm FAR from this assumption.

also, he doesn't strike me as a guy who thinks about his appearance all the time. besides, why would he do that now, when his position on CSI is the strongest ever, and he may not be in S8 at all?

if he cared about how he looks like enough to do a lipo, he would first make a plastic surgery on his (adorably) bowed legs and straighten his (adorably) crooked teeth.

but y'all right, we're going on the not-so-safe personal actor's life zone, so i'm shuttin' up.

on the poll i voted the second option b/c i don't want Grissom to have any doubts about Sara.
    that was a clever choice of the writers to make him read this book.

and this might've given the scene the extra meaning. and it actually proves the theory that Grissom was thinking about how is he going to tell her about Williams.

also, she caught the fact that this book is read by people in college, so he knows that when he'll tell her, she will realize that he knew about the offer the whole time and didn't tell her right away. so it's an additional pressure for him to tell her quicker and he may be nervous about it. just a thought.

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

WP has a round, danish face. When your face doesn't have a lot of jutting cheekbones or defined chinlines, putting on weight can be rather stark (*is speaking from experience here*). Bottom line for me is that WP doesn't strike me as the plastic surgery type, but I could be wrong. If it makes him feel better about himself, power to him. But I doubt that a 53-year-old married man on a hit show is worried about his jawline that much. And like I said - if he was, his whole body wouldn't look like it was decreased by the same amount.

Yeah, agreed. Plus, from the front you see the chin, which for whatever reason looks more defined, but at the side, he clearly still has some flab. I think lipo would've gotten rid of that.

I voted the first option in the poll, actually. I think that Grissom really does need to sort out their relationship, and it's clear that they just aren't on the same page all of the time - hence the ending of Happenstance.

They just aren't. A year or so of a relationship doesn't suddenly make them the perfect couple.

So I wouldn't necessarily want Grissom to say to Sara that he's 100% fine with "them"... because he isn't. I think that him feeling like he's trapped himself into a relationship might not be smart if he really wants a break from everything - mentally and physically.

So I'd be fine with him saying, "We just need to be apart for a month", because he'd be more likely to wake up and realize that being with her probably kept him from a burnout earlier.

15. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

Response to Sarah from last page:

It makes perfect sense for him to not leave until after the Christmas break. I mean, if a college were asking you to guest teach, they would be sure to give you sufficient time to get things together so you could take time off and come teach. Also, he wouldn't teach over the Christmas holiday since most schools are out of session, on break. It would make more sense for him to start teaching in January. So, I think it makes PERFECT sense for him to not leave til January. His mind may be made up in December, but then he has a few weeks to get a plane ticket, make arrangements at work, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.