Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm downloading it so that my boyfriend can see it anyway. He escaped last night, not wanting to participate in the antics of us giggling girls. :D

I've been rewatching certain scenes over and over again. It's such a joy to see the Grissom/Sara relationship, and in a way that makes sense for the duo. Him bringing her a VEGGIE burger was such a sweet touch, and let us know just how far this poor man has come. Praise the Lord he knows better than to bring his woman meat!

Also, someone at YTDAW mentioned it, but I totally agree, that when Sara said "you know, my supervisor..." she was talking to Gil as a girlfriend, not as an supervisee. I really wish they had cut to Gil's reactions, because I think that would have added to the irony and cuteness of the moment, but his, "Bye" was priceless. There was so much said in that little word. Squeeeee!!!

All in all, no matter what I thought about the rest of the episode, I think TPTB are handling GSR right, so far.

Awwwww the burger scene was so cute, but so damn short, like 20 odd seconds, the looks they always exchange are always so cute. He probably did wanna have lunch with her, but when warrick was there working with her, he left after he gave her it, damn warrick. lol

i was watching some more eps from season 1, damn she flirts a lot, as ive said, she seems very happy and content in season 1. anyway my fav so far was the 'bathroom' scene in Unfriendly Skies. that was SO cute and funny. and then when grissom then asks her to cite her source after hes told her. that was SO cute. cause even though grissom didnt look embarrassed at all talking about it, he tried to change the subject back to work, but after he'd told sara, he pulled her up on it, and made her site her source too, when i thought he'd leave it alone. he didnt and the last bit, about how since she has firsthand knowledge and experience of bathrooms she should do the swaps, that was hilarious. i loved that scene. it seemed a bit flirty and it was so cute.

Sex, lies and Larvae was a really nice ep too. i love how they work together, it seems very natural and easy. when he could blatantly tell she was getting emotionally involved though he didn’t even ask her why, the only time he asked if she was ok though was when she was waking up. i wanted him to get it, but he didn’t, till after she confronted him about them been the last voice for the victim. and that reminds me, when she asked him, if he wanted to sleep with her, i almost spat my tea all over, haha. when she came with coffee and a blanket for him, and said thanks to him, the way he looked at her-awwwwww.

i didn't only liked the veggie-burger scene, but the scene where sara's mobile phone rings, and she says: i gotta go, grissom answers: 'Bye', and sara gives him a small smile.. :D :D that was soo great, i mean, grissom never says bye to her when she has to go, normally, it's just a : 'okay', or 'sure', but now it was bye!! :D :D he actually means by saying 'bye' to her, 'i'm gonna miss you' ;)

Okay, so I've been thinking about the episode more and more over the past 24hrs or so, and...well I guess I have more to say than I initially thought.

I'm glad the episode wasn't overwhelmed by Grissom and Sara's relationship, though while I did enjoy the veggie burger scene, it did feel a little tacked in there. Don't shoot me, now - hear me out.

It seemed to be kind of...just for the shippers' sakes, I guess (to say 'Yes, we do remember they are together! We haven't forgotten! We won't let you down!') with no other purpose. While I'm glad they haven't disregarded their relationship like they did with Catherine's demotion & return to the Grave shift at the beginning of last season, I dislike it when kind of pointless moments (of any nature) like that are in a script, no matter the sweetness in them (and no matter how amusing Warrick was, heh). The following isn't to say I would rather the moments primarily function as plot devices as such, but I think that such moments should feel wrapped into furthering the story at the same time - otherwise it can feel a bit stilted, I guess (for want of a better term). We haven't had a canon romantic relationship between any of the leads in the show before, so it's an understandable to be even slightly wary about the show shifting too far away from what it's built itself to be. Don't want the fuel the antis' fire. HOWEVER, they've done dozens of shippy moments very well in the past, as we all know. Examples of how they have worked smoothly in the story?

The 'beauty' line in Primum Non Nocere stemmed from conversation about the case. Hockey to sports to baseball to beauty...to Sara. Then they moved on.

The chalk dust scene in Scuba Doobie Doo came from Grissom's reaction to the case at hand, and it led to washing up, which led to Grissom realising the hot water wasn't working, which led to the discovery of the body.

Sara's "Do you want to sleep with me" line in Sex, Lies and Larvae led to Grissom latching onto her "under the blanket" comment, and realising the error in his bug timeline experiment. And their tenderness over that moment later on - her gratitude and their warmth - it was all part of that, yet still a big part of them.

I could go on to name more (believe me, there are many) but I hope you all get where I'm coming from. The veggie burger moment came from nowhere and went nowhere, really. Even Sara's similar moment with Nick in Bodies in Motion last year, offering to get him a sandwich, was a device to make her leave, so he'd be alone when the bug freakout happened. Just as Nick leaving with the random girl at the bar this episode, was a device to ensure Cath was alone in order to be raped. With the veggie burger scene - Grissom was in and out, with no real impact on anything. It didn't reveal anything new to the audience, it didn't reveal anything new to Warrick, and it didn't exactly further (or hinder) Grissom and Sara's relationship with each other either (no matter how nice it was to see Gris being so sweet and considerate of his lover). And it's not as if the burger even had sesame seeds on the bun, leading to any epiphany about the case (see? simple way of working it in somewhat). I enjoyed it as much as all of you, yes - but I know TPTB are more clever than that. They could have worked it in better, I think, or at least created an equivalently sweet scene that did more for the storyline than that.

With the second GSR scene of Built To Kill, though, I believe they achieved this:

I enjoyed this scene between them much more. The scene itself and the information being communicated was doing more than just advocating their relationship (the case had to be wrapped up, after all) but it did that, too. Sara's use of "my supervisor" showed she was communicating with him on a partner-level, rather than a professional one; and the simple, subtle intimacy in Grissom's "Bye" was just the kinda thing I wanted.

The intimacy contained in and portrayed through that single word from Grissom's mouth made all the difference (in my mind). It was sweet and filled with a lot of love. It may sound silly, but there was a lot more than a goodbye in the way he said that word - it was certainly subtle: his stillness, his gaze, his tone, the way he stayed looking where he was after she turned away...you could see into him.

It's strange for me to think about (something so small speaking so many volumes to me for some reason) but I really think it's true. And I think in a way it's strange for me because I recognise that feeling in him - in the inflection applied to that word. I've felt that way before. I've said that kind of goodbye. It's kindred to me.

There's an element of restraint in feeling so much and wanting to say so much...but in such a simple moment, you know you can't. Or shouldn't? Fear of overwhelming someone or seeming inappropriate in your love in that moment. Feeling that - although you're with someone, and they obviously want to be with you - you're almost too lucky or simply undeserving of them and they haven't quite realised that yet...so you're careful. Not wanting to risk it. Of course you can enjoy the simple happiness and wonderment in many of the moments at the same time (camera duel, anyone?) but there are those times when thought and emotion washes over you. You saw Grissom's fear last season in TOYD in his comments about being intimidated by beauty - and I'm sure with Sara, it went a lot deeper than that. Look at the Butterflied speech. Look at everything over the past 6-or-so years. Relationships are foreign to him, and genuine expression (not hidden behind a cheeky one-liner) can be almost painful through all that fear. Look at how he orders the plant in Burden of Proof. There is just so much feeling welled up between these giant floodgates of restraint.

In moments and words like that simple "Bye", you can see it seep through.

...Plus, when does Grissom ever bother saying goodbye to anyone? (Although it wasn't final, and it wasn't him doing the leaving, "No cake in the breakroom" remember?) Heh.

Of course this comes down to perception and opinion. Perhaps it also comes down to seeing what we want to see, if that may be the case. I don't know. But I'm not completely rigid in my feelings here - I'm definitely open to discussion about it, if anyone would like to debate any of my points.

I'd like to hear what the rest of you think. (Plus a gold star to whoever read my entire post ;))

i totally see where youre coming from.

but i have less of a problem with that, cause now that their in a relationship-i think its harder to have scenes relating to the case and job than before. before it was easier because there was an attraction, and they were meant to be proffesional. but now their sleeping together. and whilst their keeping it quiet, you know, its unrealistic for every moment and conversation at work, when youre with youre secret lover to be work based, some things are random and not about the case at all. they rarely did that before and everything was nearly relating to the case because they worked together and he was her boss. now hes her boss, and her boyfriend. the dymamics have changed. every sweet little comment, or whatever, isnt gonna come from conversations about and relating to their job. i think the writers of course put it in there, to show the relationship wasnt forgotton about and was still happening. but i didnt get the feeling it was threw in with little thought. i dont think i made much sense there, but i know what i mean.

ah i feel so behind the times... :'(

wish i could discuss born to kill, really i do.

i haven't even seen way to go yet (i was on holiday and my evil video recorder didn't record *glares*), but i did see a clip last night... just the end scene, the gsr...

i hugged my blooming laptop screen after it i was so 'awwwww'... i feel slightly silly now...

can someone tell me in what ep she says "You know, by the time you figure it out, you really could be too late."

i saw it under someones banner and i havent seen that yet or i cant remember it at least, could someone help me out, thankyou in advance :)

I thought the episode was great. I'm not gunna lie, it wasn't the "OMG THAT'S THE GREATEST EPISODE EVER" episode, but it was still really good. I felt really bad for the gay couple when Sara gave the ring back, to. And I agree, she probably had that "How would I feel?" thought going through her head. Veggie-burgers was the best scene ever. And I wonder what would've happened if Sara didn't have to go. When she was like "...I gotta go..." and he was like "bye" I was like "kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss...NO!" and then I was like "darn..." They were so close! Lol, but it was still a good episode. And I'm still trying to figure out if the dead guy was the guy that was gunna buy Cath a drink. That was the only confusing thing, I think.

theatre - here's the thing, though. In the early seasons, it seems like they always had little tacked-on scenes when it came to character interactions, and that's always something I liked. Was it necessary for Grissom and Warrick to be playing chess while doing an experiment? Did we need to watch it? No, but it established their quirks and personalities.

So the scene was really about them watching Brass's medal of valor and during that, he comes in. So it was furthering the plot, and then adding to character interaction - which was sorely lacking last year.

All in all, I think from what I saw, perhaps part of the reason that this episode was so well-liked was because it felt like we got all of those quirky little mid-scenes back. Everyone bantering with Hodges, Sara and Grissom... you get the idea.

Okay, some bad news - Grey's beat CSI by 3 million viewers. BUT here's the thing - Grey's had some HUGE cliffhangers last season, and I heard that their premiere was a big disappointment for a lot of fans. So... with CSI being the big cliffhanger this week, I guess we'll have to see if it wasn't simply people wanting to find out what happens with everyone on Grey's, and they'll come back to CSI.

Hmm. What is this? Page and a half? We're making good time, guys.
And I am totally going to help kill the TBC signs.
GREY'S ANATOMY IS THE TOOL OF THE DEVIL. WE DO NOT SAY THE WORDS "GREY'S ANATOMY" AT CSIFILES. We say "The Show That Must Not Be Named" instead.

Crysthala said:
Hmm. What is this? Page and a half? We're making good time, guys.
And I am totally going to help kill the TBC signs.
GREY'S ANATOMY IS THE TOOL OF THE DEVIL. WE DO NOT SAY THE WORDS "GREY'S ANATOMY" AT CSIFILES. We say "The Show That Must Not Be Named" instead.
:lol:i agree totally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back