Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppie

poppie Victim

Re: Grissom& Sara #22 - Tongues Cost More

Congrats on the new thread guys. :) I am sitting here on friday morning in Ireland with the biggest smile on my face. :D My hubby took one look at me and said

"Oh I see the new season of CSI has started".

SO cute all the looks and smiles I thought I'd fall over with happiness after the Veggie burger scene. I shall spend my whole weekend smiling and re watching clips.

Is it me or were there a lot of marraige references in this epi, I love the tone in Sara's voice when she asked David how meeting the future in laws went, worried about meeting Grissoms mom maybe!!! :)

Is it wrong that I wish it was next thursday?

Poppie x x x.

2. Sidlreiana_15

Sidlreiana_15 Lab Technician

Re: Grissom& Sara #22 - Tongues Cost More

thank you ;) is a pity that sound the bleeper to sara the conversation sound very interesting.. :rolleyes:
    lol very hilarious "and Gris will reply "...Is this about that hamburger thing?"" lol ;) :lol: and i agree with you about the lunch together or something similar ;)

3. mee1st

mee1st Hit and Run

Oh yeah, that was confusing (WP's statements about Grissom and LH :eek:)

Can I go down a bit the OT-lane, please?

My take on WP's statement about wanting to be a part of Lady Heathers Life (I guess this is what you're discussing here?) finally is, that Grissom wants to be a friend, he really likes LH, maybe even loves her. Grissom has a big heart, as successfull he is in disguising that, but when he saw LH hurting about the violent death of her daughter... he cares about, he feels a lot of compassion for, especially for the people he feels a special connection to. And Lady Heather always had been someone like that for him.

As much I did fear the airing of 'Pirates...', and no matter how ridiculous I thought the plot was, I liked it even the more then, because it showed Grissom from a completely new side. I learned a lot about Grissom through that episode (I know, it sounds corny...)

And another guess afterwards: he already was together with Sara, so there was no need to be anxious about another LH/Grissom-thing, I think, so everything they/WP did interpret into it may has been on a more friendship-basis than on a love-relationship-basis.

But really, (I know all of this should be posted in an extra Grissom-thread), Grissom IS a very special character, hard to look into, hard to grasp. But what I can grasp is, that he would never corrupt his own feelings. He may have done some time ago (I only say season4-GSR-angst..), but it ended up in hurting, and I think he learned a lot about that. But I think hardly anything that man (GRISSOM) does, he is doing on a whim. (I surely don't know about the actor playing that character and giving interviews :lol: but hey... it's HIS job... not mine, I am not complaining, ;) but maybe nagging anyway sometimes :p)

All I wanted to say is: I am not so convinced that it was a fault of WP to state what he did state back then. I like to think about it as me and probably much more ppl having to struggle with interpreting, what they say, sometimes. I'm ok with that. It's just a show, so it's supposed to be fun. I hope I don't seem arrogant.

EDIT: About the veggie-burger:
    oh really. couldn't have they done such a thing much more earlier, like in season six? I'm a bit grumpy - naw, not really :rolleyes:. I been waiting for such easy scenes like forever, last year... sigh...
    I go and watch the "Grissom-brings-Sara-tea"-scene in Swap Meat as a substitute, cuz I am not situated on the same continent as CBS. Oh my.

4. jordan

jordan Rookie

I'm late in posting about the premiere, but I was too glued to the TV to come visit during commercials.
    Anyways, veggie burgers and sweet goodbyes are the love<33
    And dude, the mini crime scene in a box thing was wacked-out.
    Was the dude that was dead the guy that Catherine was with?
    That's the only thing I didn't really get, I was confused about that. Cuz at the end I noticed it looked like Grissom heard something and Cath was in the shower.
    Or am I just wacko???

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey guys is ther any way for me to get to see the s.7?!! I am dying of having no gsr in my life!!! Could someone send me episodes via email or record it for me and send it over to austria???!! I would surely pay for any transportcosts or the dvds!!! Please let me know!

6. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

youtube? anything?
    even just the veggie burger scene?

i like this being a canon ship... makes me think of pirates... arrr! :)

7. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

im so flustrated i cant see this ep yet. just the Grissom and Sara scenes are enough, the ones with the veggie burger and the one where he says bye. those two. i echo the above poster, when someone finds them online, can they post the links please. reading it just isnt the same as seeing it. i get one perception when i read it, but when i watch it, it means a lot more, half the content between them comes across, when their not saying anything. i need to see it asap.

and im glad its subtle, keep it subtle, keep people wanting more. im so glad their together.

and i have series 1 now, im still waiting on 2,3,4, to arrive, and 6 when it comes out. im so excited. :)

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

LOL. We weren't exactly swinging from ceilings, but it was fun.

When Dayna and I heard that line, though, we both turned to each other and went, "Thread Title". We have to work that into a thread title, but I'm willing to do a dual one if we get some more GSR lovin' next week.

For those who watched, WAS it a solid episode other than the GSR?

I actually think, looking back,that that was exactly what he was hoping - he said he didn't even know Warrick was there. I think he was really thinking that they'd get to just have a little bit of lunch together.

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

OK after Butterflied, I can see some of the theories...kinda sounds to me like he might've tried to date her once before earlier in their Vegas history (I don't think it went beyond looks and maybe smooching in SF but that's MHO) and that time it didn't work but later on it did. I wonder what eventually changed Gris's mind after the "I couldn't do it" speech...?

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I really, really just can't accept it having happened, in terms of a real relationship, before Committed.

Maybe they wound up accidentally kissing after Bloodlines or Nesting Dolls, but for a full-blown relationship? Nah. I don't think that once they were together, Grissom would ever ask another woman out, for whatever reason.

Not because it's Sara, but because I really doubt that he's that type of person.

11. poppie

poppie Victim

Don't know if you guys have seen this yet but there is an amazing clip of an interview on the GSR interviews page with William Petersen, in it he talks about the fans reaction to the Sara and Grissom relationship and he dicribes Grissom's Idea of a romantic Date. Hope I am allowed to post this link.

http://www.grissomsararomance.com/news.htm

Thanks poppie x x x.

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah - that's from today's CBS Morning Show. They show a whole GSR montage of how they've led to this point, and then Billy says that he thinks Grissom would like picnics... because of the bugs. lol.

I was like "Picnic? Really? That's kind of corn- oh. Bugs. No. Yeah. That's Grissom."

13. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Re: Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

I saw little clips on the GSR page, and I have to admit, the veggie burger thing was cute. He really wanted to have his dinner in the lab with her didn't he, but daren't with Warrick there. Aww. Bless. Glad to see he's playing the hunter gatherer and looking after her. Nicely done.

If it was all done like this, subtley, with a little nod to the audience, I'm happy. Not as happy as they are though! :lol:

14. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Yeah I saw those clips too. I was all "awww picnics in the woods, so Grissom. But, Sara likes nature too so it would be ideal for both of them." :)

I believe he wanted to have dinner with her in the Lab also, to be with her at work as well as away from it and was shocked when he found Warrick there. So much for his cute plan, poor Griss :(

15. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i just got done watching the first 4 eps of season 1. and i paid careful attention to the grissom and sara scenes.

after that girl, ive forgotten her name now, was shot, he said he was bringing her in, and everyone was like whos sara sidle? and he says, 'She's a friend of mine, someone
    I trust'. so they were good friends and she had gained his trust before she even came to work with Grissom there. i love how as soon as he got control, he brings her in almost straight away.

anyways, no noticeable stand out scenes (she seems very happy in season 1, more so than i thought she seemed in season 5 at times), oh and i like her hair how she had it, anyways, no standout scene i was saying, till the 'i just keep trying to be youre star pupil' scene. that seems like the first hint to the audience. next one being the 'hey grissom come tie me up' scene (where then he turns to catherine and goes, i love my job), cue lingering looks and subtle flirting like some poster told me about in #21 thread.

anyway so i gather from what ive read here, basically, the backdrop is they were close friends (no relationship happened), she came to work with Grissom at vegas, they flirted and overtime a mutual attraction grew, sara was flirty, as was grissom at times, but when sara would open up or get too close, he'd back off, and send her off by herself on cases, tell her to do stupid jobs like work the perimeter, just so he could distance himself. he did that a lot it seems, and then eventually, he was ready. that about it? haha

and i watched that invisible evidence scene, i was surprised cause when i read it, it seemed very much grissom was apprehensive, and sara was professionally stepping over the line a bit, but when i watched it, it so wasnt like that. there was tension, for sure, sexual tension, but when she asked him to pin her down, when he let go of her hands and put them on the sheet, for 'leverage' to demonstrate, i felt like he was using a professional reason, to get physically closer to her, and sara was the one who looked uncomfortable, she looked where his hands were, and you could just tell, she was obviously worried this kind of stuff was going to ruin her chances of a promotion, or something, i dont know, but she was the one to break the closeness. it felt like to me, it was obvious he liked her, and he felt safe using these kind of reasons to get close, but then i got confused cause when she brought up the promotion, he looked shocked, but shocked as in, whats she talking about, but maybe it was, i cant believe shes bringing it up look and i misread it, and her reaction was funny, bless her heart, how she said, im always overtaking around you and then walked off, the way she did it-it was cute. i wonder if thats the first time he realised, she was in to him, and that she thought there was something there. hm.

she seems a big flirt at the beginning. lol the more eps i see, the more i love the character of Sara. i liked that first scene with catherine, where she asks where catherine is, and catherine says 'shes out in the field', and then catherine says, lemme guess, sara sidle? and Sara replies 'i know who I am. I think you're a little confused.' haha

and also, Grissom looks seriously hot in the first season, i was a little suprised. anyway, im gonna try and watch a few more, and hopefully this new ep will hurry up and find its way online to download cause im dying to see it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.