Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jordan

jordan Rookie

I guess it could be, but it didn't look like a smile. It was more like a quick *muah.* But ya know, I could be insane =P

Thanks, Adz, my banner does rock. =P

As for thread titles, I think that 'Kickass Couple' and 'Because Veggie Burgers are Romantic' are the two I like most that are up there. I thought of one that I know sucks, but I'll make the suggestion anyway. 'Only a Dummy Would Question It.' Just a lil' somethin I thought off like 35 seconds ago. Lol.

2. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Well, she only really makes it with Grissom. Since I couldn't find the shot from Fannysmackin', I want to thank Zsa Zsa and Erica SJ for capping the similar look from Built to Kill:

http://beyond-imagination.org/displayimage.php?album=86&pos=590

Yeah, she does kind of give him a little "Bye" kiss, but again - that's sort of Sara's flirtatious "I'm trying not to smile" smile.

Perhaps somewhat more emphasis on the kissy look now that they're together.

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i suffer from JFGS (Jorja Fox Gorgeousness Syndrome) too. she was my favourite character straight off the bat. shes so lovely, and she has the sexiest voice. i like everything about how she plays sara too, the way she carries herself, deals with situations, is hard when she needs to be, can be emotionally scatty at other times, but overall is adorable yet very strong and capable. if i could be like one women in CSI-id want to be just like her.

anyways as for the lip pursing thing, she does that A LOT. ive seen it since season 1, and shes done it with almost every male member of csi. but i agree, sara does it when shes been cheeky and or flirty. she did it with greg in some ep from season 3 or 4 that i watched recently. its so adorable, i bet thats something that Jorja actually does in real life herself. i can just imagine it.

as for the titles so far im liking:

Veggie Burger = Love, Finger-Linger Love, Kickass Couple, and Here's the Love.

basically i seem to like anything that is suggestive of love or them as a couple.

4. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think I like that, for better or worse, there aren't many characters on TV like Sara. Jorja really lets you decide how you feel about her, the way you would a real person. And it's a testiment to her acting that SO many people feel SO strongly about her.

Personally, I think Grissom would've liked her off the bat. I think he might have been a little disconcerted by her, but liked her nonetheless.

And Sara brings one or the other out in people - Greg, Grissom, Nick all liked her right away, whereas Warrick and Catherine had to warm up to her.

For whatever reason she and Catherine still aren't totally comfortable with one-another, but that's another topic for another thread.

In any case, I think Grissom might've just found it harder being comfortable around her. She definitely challenges people, and Grissom seems to like being in control of the situation - but perhaps that was fun. Having someone who *would* stand up and question him.

5. Sara_Grissom_Fan

i think he would have liked her straight away. grissom likes strong, intelligent women. i think he is attracted to people who are good at their job, whatever that may be. thats a very attractive thing, to be good at something. and sara is a bit of a loose cannon at times, which is probably why you either love or hate her-shes either whiny to some, or cute to some. i just love her, and i think grissom would have liked her too. though he met her first at one of his lectures, but i think the first time he worked with her-he would have liked her straight away. cause shes good at her job, i think he would have liked the fact shes not afraid to upset people, or tell them straight out what she thinks, you never feel shes an open book either, or she doesnt to me. theres something about sara, which seems very positive to me, regardless of her negatives.

i didnt even see the big deal when she told him she wanted to work on her own case and not be thrown off it for the one grissom wanted her on, and it was all about her own responsibility though. that ep where he told her it was he who made the decisions. i mean she did say it in front of the whole team, so i guess i can see why he would say that, but i think if they'd been on their own in his office and she'd came to see him about it-he wouldnt have been as harsh. anyways i like that shes assertive, and always was with him-she didnt always agree with him-and she always let him know when she didnt, i think he liked that she wasnt a pushover.

she also was when that nutjob took a shine to catherine and they had the whole team looking for something he had no intention of showing them. sara was straight in telling grissom exactly how she felt about the wild goose chase. and then again, in front of catherine, with grissom, and nick. where after she voiced her opinions, nick had her back. but grissom had catherines in the end *sigh*.

i still dont get why catherine said he wasnt hard enough in the first instance, and why grissom ended up giving the case to catherine in the second. he kinda stood up to her a bit, when he said 'well actually im the senior' but he still had her back in the end, which didnt seem fair to me.

and catherine and sara clash at times cause both take pride in their work, both want to do a good job, but their both very vocal and outspoken, both can have an attitude at times, and both can get emotionally involved at times. and this leads to clashes at times.

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

So here it is.

We tried this last time, but it didn't quite catch on. Just in case you wanted to nominate something, but forgot to do it in time, I'll set up an "empty" option on the poll. Below someone can put, "I chose empty: and then your thread title".

If enough people back it, it can be in the voting process.

7. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Dude, Sarah, "Hot Broiled, Butt Kicking, Chainsaw Wheeling Love" is too long to fit as a title. Plus it should be "Wielding". Wheeling kinda doesn't make sense :p

Oh, and Calleigh & Delko #18 was called "The One True Path to a Shirtless Delko" so it's PROBABLY not a good idea to rip them off. We have enough original ideas.

But anyway, um...

So, Grissom being raised a catholic, do you reckon he was taught by nuns at school? He could have some interesting interactions with the Sisters. Heh. And, doesn't Sara have a buddah at her place (as seen in Nesting Dolls?) she's probably buddist to some extent - that kind of spiritual - rather than being an athiest

8. Andreina

Andreina Lab Technician

Hi, I just made a GSR video. I hope you like it.
    here the link
    By the way dont you think that their first kiss is going be even more special now that they are taking so long to make it happen?

EDITED to remove link to video.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks for the video!

And I didn't make up the title, Sporter. As in the past, if it's too long, we'll find a way to shorten it.

The current front-runners are:

1) Just Make Out Already
    2) In Love & Kickin'
    3) Hot-Broiled, Butt-Kicking, Chainsaw Wheeling Love (how about Hot-Boiled, Chainsaw-Wielding Love)?
    4) My GOD they look good
    5) We're Waiting For A Make-Out
    6) The One True Path to Shirtless Grissom

I don't think Sara's a Buddhist - a lot of spiritually open people respect the Buddhist lifestyle, but it doesn't mean they submit to it. After all, Sara's temper would probably not be very indicative of their way of life. lol. Anyway - Grissom raised Catholic... I assume he probably went to a private school. However, Sara could have as well. I think schools where they assume everyone is religious aren't likely to make everyone promise to abstain - the concept is probably, 'They should do it already'. I saw some kind of report on it for 60 Minutes or the like, but it seemed to be at generic high schools with abstinance offered as the only type of sex talk. But I see Grissom as being pro-religious thought, Sara anti. After all, he said he still believes in God, just not the organization of religion itself.

10. sienna

sienna Lab Technician

that sounds a lot like me but i think the effect on me was so big that i got much quicker to the last point ...

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

lol. Well, sometimes if hit with a particularly beautiful Sara episode, it can have that effect.

One thing I kind of wonder about with Butterflied, and I know that was a long time ago, but it does keep coming up because of canon.

So here it is: according to the description, and David Rambo, the episode was about Grissom having to face his feelings for Sara. Or at least having to deal with them, and analyze them.

Does that suggest that he didn't know he cared that much about her before this? His statement about "having a choice to make" certainly says that he's mentally known that he could've been with her, but is Butterflied more the point at which he realizes just how far into this he had gone without realizing it?

I only ask because we've seen him blow her off or ignore her prior to this. In Invisible Evidence, he's shutting her down in one scene, and then he finds himself getting a little too close in another... but that sort of helps my argument here - unlike Sara, he seems totally unaware of just how out of control that situation became. Not that it was "huge" but rather that he didn't seem to even notice that he was breathing down her neck - literally, or that his hands were circling her waist.

So, for Grissom, until Butterflied, was his attraction unconscious, or was he simply keeping himself forcibly aloof?

12. Sara_Grissom_Fan

no, i think he knew he was attracted to her before butterflied. and that he was very much conscious of this. it wasnt a sudden decision he made right there, about not being able to do it-so i think he'd been thinking about it, and had been aware of it for a while.

i think by season 4, he was clearly attracted to her, in awe of her, he knew he could care (although i think personally he already did care about her on a personal level by butterflied, he just couldnt say it out loud, probably in denial-not deeply, but there were feelings there). but i think he was also super concious that it was a disaster situation for him professionally that he was interested in her, and i think, like he did in season 3 when he realised he might be getting too close, he kinda pushed her away a bit or pretended to himself he didnt so he'd feel better, but i do think he was concious of the repercussions if he led her on, and anything happened, so he kinda backed off, thinking there was no way this could ever end happily. so maybe he actually started believing it, like in invisible evidence, he looked shocked and like eh wtf?...as he did in snakes...shocked. i think maybe he convinced himself she would get over him, and everything could go back to how it was, but despite that, he was happy to get close to her under the cover of professionalism. ie: invisible evidence.

but PLEASE. that invisible evidence scene, is blatently sexually charged, and grissom himself creates it, the way he talks to her, c'mon, its slow and flirty and sexy, especially the 'like this' line. and the way he moves his hands to her waist....thats supposed to be her superviser!, it seemed inappropriate from that standpoint because there was tension there, before he even did that, and he didnt back off, it was sara who did. he was totally aware of his attraction to her.

but because of the writers not always been too sure of the pairing, its hard to establish a timeline, as to when his feelings grew or when he actually realised it.

i do think though, though he was concious of his feelings towards her, he was probably in denial at certian points, but that, he did know how he felt.

but maybe in Butterflied he realised just how much, he could/did care. because when faced with the prospect of the Victim that resembled sara, he became obsessed with the case, and couldnt look at, or speak to sara. and he made sure she did the perimiter, totally away from him, distancing himself from her. i think maybe its possible that the reality of a girl dead, that looked like sara, and the way he acted on that case, made him realise how he felt about sara, hence his reflection at the end of the ep. but he knew he was attracted to her prior to that, IE showed that in my opinion.

13. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Sorry, Sarah, I didn't mean to insinuate you did make up the title, I just thought being the title mistress you ought to have checked its length before entering it into the noms.

I still don't think we should allow the C&D ripoff title, though.

Haha, yeah, I suppose you're right. Sara isn't exactly 'serene'. Where did this comment on abstaining come from? *raises an eyebrow* - but yeah, I agree that it's probable that while Grissom believes in God, Sara probably does not, although I can see her being somewhat agnostic or spiritual in her own way. She is, after all, a hippie. You only need to see her at the end of Evaluation Day to know that
    Andreina, it's great that you're making videos - they're an awesome contribution to the fandom. However it's against TalkCSI policy to post links to them here, unfortunately. Why not try joining one of the CSI communities on livejournal.com and posting them there? I'm sure a lot of people would love to check out your work :) Plus it's a great way to find others to seek inspiration from ;)

But ooh, speaking of David Rambo and LJ...

Someone on LJ emailed David Rambo about the upcoming kiss, and here's the response they got: "Thanks for alerting me to this -- first I've heard of it. Unfortunately, anyone can say they're a member of the CSI crew on the internet, and I can assure you that this item did not come from one of our crew. It's obviously from someone with no inside knowledge of the show. I hope you'll keep watching throughout this season. We've got some of the strongest scripts ever, and finest performances CSI: has ever had. Everyone involved -- crew, actors, producers, writers -- has a renewed energy for the show, and I think it's visible onscreen. Tonight's episode (in the US), "Fannysmackin'" is destined to be a CSI: classic. Hope you enjoy it. - David Rambo" ...While I trust our sources, this is certainly interesting. Thoughts? Comments?

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Didn't mean for it to come out ranty, sorry, Sporter (I almost called you Snorter. lol. Sorry - Family Guy episode where Brian gets addicted to Coke).

Anyway - I DEFINITELY agree that Grissom is being seductive in Invisible Evidence, but again - is he physically aware that he's doing it? The only reason I ask is that he so often just impulsively will flirt or say something to Sara, and then he gets this, "Oh God. What did I just do?" look on his face, and backs off.

Which, again, makes me think that he's never really entered the room with the intention of flirting, but rather that he gets caught up in it - which, again, would mean he probably doesn't face it when she's not around.

I'll believe mystery until she gives me a reason not to. David Rambo would have all kinds of reasons for denying spoilers. I think TPTB weren't all that happy that spoilers for Way to Go and Fannysmackin' got out, so most likely they've all been told to go on damage control. In any case, like I said, when she gives me a reason to doubt, I will.

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Linking to fan made videos is against the board rules. You can mention where they are (youtube) but you CANNOT link to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.