Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

hi!! congrats on the new threaaaad! *throws a whole bunch of confetti* we are doing a great job over here!! :D :D i reaaaallly like the new thread title!!! :D lucky bastards, you get to see season seven tonight, and in holland, we'll probably have to wait untill next year.... :(

2. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i didnt like some of the interview either. i didnt like how they said if they hadnt held back for so long, the storyline would probably have turned negative and they'd probably be divorced. i understand how that works well on a purely dramatic level-to keep the audience guessing, draw it out for years, so the anticipation is so high, youre greatly satisfied when the moment comes when they are together, whereas if you have a couple, they flirt and bang, their together-its not as exciting-i see that after you've gone there, its hard to keep the story fresh and the audience interested-whereas draw it out-and its exciting. but on the emotional level-i dont like how their talking like if they'd gotton together earlier-it wouldnt have lasted. it was never going to happen earlier anyways, because Grissom said he couldnt do it. but i like to think-their soulmates-and even if Grissom, or even Sara dont realise that yet, i still think they are. they have a connection-and its a connection that hasnt faltered in years and years. maybe a lot longer for Sara. and so why wouldnt it work out? just for dramatic purposes. i hate that.

and i didnt like how Jorja said, she didnt know if they even have a monogamous relationship, that it hasnt been defined. Grissom not in a monogamous relationship? a guy of his morals and integrity. and Sara-whos wanted him for years, and was cheated on herself. like they would not have a monogamous relationship. like they'd have a casual set up, when their risking everything to be together. Grissom especially. thats worse than them not been together at all saying they possibly might not to be true to each other.

i dont like the idea of her and greg either. i so wished i lived in America right now. i dont get to see the premiere, at least i can download it after it airs. as soon as its done i want every detail about Sara/Grissom here. thanks!!! :)

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Sorry guys but the episodes on the CBS website are only available for viewers in the US only.

4. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

noooooooooooooooooooo

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Butterflied tonight, Butterflied tonight! *bounces* I think either I missed it or CBS skipped it last time S4 was on anywhere, so I'm glad I can watch tonight. 6pm my time, 7 Eastern on Spike. I get three, actually, Butterflied, Werewolves and BTK1. :)

And yay for the new thread!

6. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I love that song!

So today me and some of my friends were celebrating my birthday, :D, and should I feel bad that every hour I'd say '7 hours until CSI!' or something like that.. I think I annoyed them, but anyway..

Should I feel bad that I'm more excited about the premiere than I am about my birthday.

I went to the store today and they still don't have the tv guide... GRR! I really really want it!

4 and a half hours until csi airs... and I've got Butterflied to amuse me until then.. WOO! I think I'll watch some of csi: season five before then too.

And thanks to everyone who said Happy Birthday to me, but you forgot my twin, Lindsey. She's sitting beside me now, and she is very offended :p

Anyway, back on topic..

I voted 'other' for the pole that was on the other page, cause if they both left, I probably wouldn't watch anymore. Or I'd be extremely depressed and watch the show only to remember memories. *cough* OKAY! Sorry, little emotional moment there.. Umm.. so what was I saying?? Oh! Right.. I would probably still watch if Grissom left, because I like seeing Sara emotional because Jorja plays her so well. I might still watch if Sara left, because seeing Grissom a mess would be a first and I wouldn't want to miss it.

But if they both were to leave? Pchhhhaaa! I'm gone, and I'll be seeing them in my dreams.

I had a dream once where Grissom and Sara were married, and I was acting and playing their kid. It was fun, then I went to award shows and stuff with Jorja. I liked that dream.. it was cool. Oh! And there was tons of pictures on magazines and stuff of Jorja and Grissom standing beside each other holding hands, and I was in the middle, cause I was their kid. No offence to my parents, but it was pretty sweet!

Okay, done babbling.. :D

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Mr. Petersen, you're going into your seventh season.Are you reinvigorated now that they've taken your characters in this new direction? Petersen- Wouldn't having sex reinvigorate anyone? Especially if you're like Grissom, who probably hadn't had sex in 10 years before Sara!so much for him getting it on with LH- see he never did!!! sorry to those fans- but we always knew- "smugness sets in"

And thank's for correcting my "spoiler" news- OOPS thought I had done it correctly- :(

Edited by 1CSIMfan to correct spoiler tag. ;)

8. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

^Aww, alas, you won't be joining us. How disappointing :( Ah well, we'll definitely be thinking of you whilst enjoying our corpse-shaped cookies and blood-themed cocktails ;)
    7 hours for those of us on the West Coast.. Sar, what time are you heading over here? We'll pick up booze and munchies once you arrive.

9. Shipwrecked

Shipwrecked Police Officer

I'm not exactly good at math, so I'm not sure how many hours till CSI comes on....oh, wait, I can do this one...about 4 hours. And I'm back here because I wanted to reserve my 100th post for the GSR thread. Yay!

On the poll, I voted option 3, because I have this thing about the number 3 and my dumb blonde self couldn't exactly figure out what it meant. So I guess if one or the other leaves, and if it's confirmed that the ship won't just die off there, I'll be a happy sailor. ;)

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

A couple of things. Firstly, these two don't know enough about the upcoming scripts to start shooting their mouths off and go, "Well, they obviously are in a committed, long-lasting relationship where they love each other". Why? Because who knows what will happen six months from now? Even the writers aren't 100% sure. So for them to come out and say everything is verbatem...

I'm going to make a point here, and it's not to bash. The Lady Heather comments WAY back in, like, January were very definite. There really was no grey space in what was being said there. Now the GSR stuff comes along, in a sense contradicting a lot of what was said, and WP almost seems to be scrambling to explain it away - first by jokes, then by denial, then by saying "Well, that's life - sometimes people re-enter your lives when it's not convenient".

I think he learned from that mistake.

Was it good to get ratings? Yes, but long-term he got called on it. And I don't personally mind that he said those things. People are allowed to like more than one person, they're human.

But I think that now he's going to be less likely to say, "Yes, absolutely" when asked an important plot point regarding his character.

So the love thing? Less about him believing it and more about him uncertain in what the writers have planned.

And this is Grissom and Sara, let's remember - the fact that Billy used the word "trust" in regards to his character's feelings about her say, to me, a lot more than if Billy had said, "He really, really LIKES her!"

He trusts her. And that is HUGE for Grissom.

So the love thing... I think we're also dealing with two hugely in-denial characters. Would they even know that they were in love? Would they want to think it could be that easy?

Well that's just ridiculous. We GET the episodes already. *sighs impatiently*. Thank you for the info, 1CSIMfan

Oh, and because she NEVER EVER mentioned it and we're all totally surprised, a very

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SARA SULLIVAN. Sara - had you even NOTICED that your birthday was the same day as the premiere? lol.

Wait - I think I vaguely recall you mentioning it once... twice... a minute... all summer...

(the person who can name the book wins my admiration and love... cuz I'm cheap).

11. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

LOL! Congrats Sarah! I still haven't found the dumb TVGuide in my area to get a copy! Two of my questions were answered. That never ever happens, so I want it saved forever for my future generations to see! :)

I'm excited they are reshowing "Butterflied" tonight on Spike, because, that was the biggest moment for Grissom in coming to terms with how he felt about Sara. Seeing her doppleganger on the floor shocked him into the realization that his repression of his feelings for Sara were only making them deeper, making him love her more, but his fear was crippling. That's why tonight's 9pm brand new episode will be so sweet, and so nice to see after that. It's a great demonstration of how far the two have come, and how much they have been through to go from that moment where she was watching through the glass, to where they stand together as a united front, a strong couple. *happy sigh*

12. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Sarah, I can't even pretend I knew that book reference already. Well, I could, but you wouldn't believe me, and it would make me feel dirty to act as if I was into that stuff. Yes, even more dirty than admitting I Googled like a dirty cheat for your love and admiration. But screw it, I know you love and admire me anyway AND DON'T DENY IT.

*Cough*

I guess I just hoped you had more advanced literary taste. Google proved me wrong :p

Shipwrecked, I love your icon <3 Gumby is awesome.

Sara Sullivan! Happy birthdayyyyy - anything milestoney or special about your age this year? And, are you doing anything to celebrate other than watch 7x01? I hope the day treats/has treated you well :) Careful around Alyssa, though, she might try steal your day ;) :p

I swear the programmers at Spike are a big bunch of GSR shippers - they always seem to do things like this (they showed a bunch of GSR-centric episodes on the leadup to the finale, didn't they?) - and it's not something I'm about to complain about (not that I have access to Spike TV or anything - I just meant for your sakes ;))

Spoiler-wise, does anyone know if we're expecting anything GSR-y in tonight's episode? I know there was one thing, but it seems to have been cut (though you never know) - and obviously if you're going to reply to me on this point, do so in a spoiler box ;)

I think Sarah's right about why WP and JF are avoiding giving us straight answers. I mean, aside from the whole Lost analogy and preferring us to wait and see (for ratings reasons, among other things) - it's sad but true they they never do know what the writers may have in store for them next. I mean, they've already told us Jorja (at least) never knew about the finale ender until 4 days before shooting, so they've gotta be careful. It's unfortunate that this kinda stuff takes away from the realism of it all, that is, these people who portray Grissom and Sara aren't really in control of the characters - leaving us kinda feeling as if they characters aren't in control of themselves (if you know what I'm getting at).

I do wonder, though - TV is such a collaborative process, no? And I know in many shows including Friends, they had the actors coming in as guest directors for a few episodes (David Schwimmer at least, I don't know about the others) and in some other shows I watch, some of the actors even come in as guest writers. And I know Billy has collaborated on certain lines or portions of script - like the Butterflied speech, for instance - but it'd be pretty cool if Billy and Jorja could get together with RamGold, and the four of them collaborate on creating a whole episode or two.

Obviously being a procedural first and foremost, they wouldn't want the whole ep to be based around the relationship (even Butterflied was quite case-y, despite the GSR-Bible nature of it) but I'm sure - as Marg has pointed out many-a-time - after being with the show for so many years, they have picked up on the criminalist knowledge to a certain extent - certainly to enough of an extent to put as much in as an episode needs. They're all very creative people, and of course it'd be overseen by TPTB anyway...it'd be cool.

13. iilovecsii

iilovecsii Police Officer

Hey everyone I like GSR I support them and love them together.. I actually scream at the TV for Grissom to just kiss her.. but I'm also Yobling. But they are boring over there right now.. no one is talking and then I saw GSR so I'm just wondering if I can join you guys?

14. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

You're more than welcome to join us, iilovecsii! The more the merrier, on this happy, sailing ship of ours ;)

[​IMG]

Pull up a deck chair and catch some rays :)

Oh, and I guess 7x01 has just started airing on the East Coast there, guys and gals, so enjoy it! Fingers crossed for the FIRST EVER WHOLE WE-KNOW-GSR-IS-CANON-RIGHT-NOW CSI EPISODE!! :D

And, just a note of respect for those on the west coast:

Please post any episode details from 7x01 in spoiler tags until 10pm Pacific Standard Time.

(That's 1am Eastern time, FYI. You know we'd do the same for you <3)

ETA: Also, so not to flood the place with posts, if you want to chat about the episode with fellow GSRs, may I suggest heading over to our chatroom in the gutter, here? If you aren't a member of the group, PM me or Reeble or sarahvma with your email address and we'll send you an invite (or apply to the group directly, and be sure to include your TalkCSI username :))

That way this place won't get flooded, and you're free to be as chatty as you like!

15. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

Re: Grissom& Sara #22 - Tongues Cost More

Ok, first of all: Premier? Total meltage for me.

"I got you a veggie burger" Ahh! I love it! I was beaming, and yet again Warrick was a witness. He always seems to be there when Grissom and Sara are getting it on with their mind, or eyes, or body language, and who knows? Maybe even just getting it on in general. I love how they're so sweet and kind to eachother now. I know I'm an angst whore and all, but fluffy GSR = good GSR. And Grissom's "bye" was so...I don't know how to explain it, but it was again, so sweet. I got the feeling that they were seeing eachother again later that night. To...get it on maybe? Yes, yes, I think that's it. WHOO! GO GSR!

Welcome, iilovecsi! *throws lots of confetti and shiny objects* Glad to have you onboard.

You know, I really should update the Tenant List, but the old one is getting too boring for me. Whatever happened to revamping it, huh? Who wants it re-made?

And a very happy birthday to Sully!!! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.