Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

You know... right now it's like some sort of bizzare GSR Christmas. Like Gibby said at YTDAW, we would've gone crazy for weeks over just one of Billy's quotes in that article (ew. Not the babes one. Just the GSR stuff), or the fact that they're together, or that we got a TV Guide spread, or that they're now being featured as a big topic on ET...

It's almost like, so much of it's happening that at this point we're just like 'Yes, yes - that's nice. What else?'

lol.

Don't lie. We're being spoiled.

Anyway - that interview was adorable.

Billy's thing was just kind of... funny. I like how he stuck in the "...of some sort" afterwards.

And I also like that he seems to really be protective of this storyline - he refused to even share his own personal timeline, because he felt that if we knew when/why/where/what/how of Grissom and Sara, we'd be less likely to watch than if they drew it out. Which, frankly, is true.

ETA

ONLINE Q&A IS UP... what was that I just said about Christmas?

Anyway - Alyssa you were right. That was 100% your question. Cuz mine online? Is the FIRST!

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Agreeing with you on that, and I think he is able to influence the storyline because now he is a producer of the show as well I think he will have things the way that he wants them to be and I have a feeling that he enjoys the fact of grissom being together with sara and therfor will not let anyone ruin it, or am I wrong with that?

3. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

yay! i like the title!

as for the poll question. id want them to both leave, because i really want them to be a together forever couple. but Sara is one of my fav characters, so id hate for her to not be there as well as my other fav-id probably stop watching, but i also wouldnt want her there by herself. the show will lose something major when he leaves, and seeing her there without him, i would hate that, especially if they gave her a new interest or anything. i dont think they would. you dont spend years builing up a romantic storyline only for it to end horribly-thats a waste, and not what the fans of the show want (well the fans of the couple). id hate petersen to leave after this season.

4. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

Now it's a party.
    Sara: Yes, and we brought the music.
    <Grissom and Sara sing "You" by Evanescence to one another> Seriously, "You" is like the GSR-iest song in the history of ever. But it hasn't legitimately come out yet. But I'll see if I can post the lyrics anyway.
    WP is not going to let the writers come anywhere near the GSR-iness. Except for maybe Carol Mendelsohn, David Rambo, and Sarah Goldfinger... but then, they're awesome, aren't they? Let's just hope their next guest director is a total GSR shipper.
    I picked the "It really depends. If there's a possibility for both of them to come back, then yes, if they're both dead or for some reason can't come back (fired) then no." option. GASP! I DIDN'T PICK OTHER! SOMETHING MUST BE WRONG! I need to go run a full systems diagnostic and go to school, but I'll be back to chill for the premiere...
    <bubbly> Wootage. 7th season.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

They are obliged to be total gsr shipper, the writers have built that storyline very carefully and I think that they were not sure If there even should be a thing like gsr, it is risky at some point. But the fact that they decided to make it real after 6 years makes me believe that gsr is serious, no fling, no affair and not a whole sex thing (btw wouldnt mind seeing some hot stuff :eek:). I think it doesnt matter if there is an 8th season or not, its more important how they will let gsr end up (marrying, children, both leave csi las vegas or just one of them or maybe nobody, if one of them would leave the gsr thing MUST still be intact!!!)

6. MissMurder

MissMurder Lab Technician

Oh my god #22 already!!! I've missed a lot *goes off and cries in a corner*

I'd love it if they married or had kids, it would be so cute :D :D :D

I agree gsrhappyending GSR ain't no fling, it's real :).

Oh and love the thread name, it suits :D ;)

7. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Eleven and a half hours.

So far I'm rather surprised at just how vocal WP's being. Because, though obviously he knows people want to know, it would be very easy for him to say, "You know, it is what it is - I thought it would be fun" and leave it at that. He certainly is refusing to give up any info on the storyline, but even he justified that by saying that it's more because they want to keep people tuning in than because he just doesn't know or care.

The Lady Heather stuff came off as very organic as well. Even if that is a worry for the ship, it's nice to see him not ducking the question like he appeared to do in the part of the Q&A that made it into the magazine. He's aknowledging that it's a part of Grissom's life, but it's not as though the writers are actively thinking, "Now, how can we make GSR a perfect storyline?" People do come in and out of your life whether it's convenient or not.

Now even that can be said was a little bit BS-y, but LH did appear after two big GSR moments - Thermite and Grey Hair, both of which seemed to be rekindling the question of whether they were together or not. So the writers, at least, seem to know what they were doing in the second half of the season when they were fumbling with the loss of Gum Drops in the first.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

Yes, thank you. i agree.

gsrhe, you're a freakin' pervert. like even so much more than ... me, lol.

7 hours! (it's 7 right?). it's 9/8 central? i gotta be greakin' sure. so in Louisiana it'll air at 8? so if it's 1, it's 7 hours? ...okey okey, i know i'm overtalking *stops shaking* i'm sorry i'm so bad in this american time keeping, i'm always confused *sigh*

9. csi_fan_uk

csi_fan_uk Police Officer

I had such a CSI moment at work today. The beta counter jammed and I was volunteered to prise the lodged vial out. I practically had to climb on top of the machine but I managed to do so. However, its glass container had broken and I had to locate the glass fragment. I found it, picked it up with tweezers and deposited it into the evidence bag... ok, I dropped it into my colleagues hands. But I was so there. I wish I had been wearing my gloves...

Anyhoo, back to reality. No, wait, other way round. Back to the thread...
    So, "Tongues cost more" won - excellent :D

Thanks again sarahvma for posting yet more GSR stuff. You have won me over - but I'll curtesy not bow to you. Because I'm a lady and British and we do these things properly, don't ya know. ;)

Hi again Britfan - I think we may have missed our flight in order to catch the season 7 premier. Dang! Next time... :lol:

In the poll, I voted that I don't want Sara to leave if Grissom goes. Because I don't. Sara is my favourite character and as Fabian also remarked, if Sara is still in the show then I'm still invested.
    There is no reason for Grissom to leave and GSR to end. I mean it would to a visual extent but there could still be references. If the writers decided to kill Gris off then that would end it and that would frankly suck. But they have no reason too. Grissom is now in his fifties, he's never been married, never had kids and is a workaholic who, besides his appartment and "self-funded" bug collection doesn't have a whole lot of outgoings for his cash - provided he's invested well, there's no reason why he couldn't just semi-retire. He could be forced out of the field full-time for health reasons but still be available for consultancy. Then WP could always reprise the role in guest star slots once or twice a seasons, probably around the USA "sweeps". That way Grissom could still be referred to, even "spoken to" in one-sided conversations. Sara could make reference to their lives (I need the time off so Gris and I can move in together... I'm itching this week because Gris accidentally dropped one of his entomology experiments in our apartment... that kind of thing) and she even start referring to Gris as "Him indoors" because that would entertain me... so long as we never see him in a Hawaiin pinny...

Anyhoo, I hope all you across-the-Atlantic types enjoy the s7 premier tonight. I've no doubt that this thread will explode afterwards, no matter how slim the GSR slices may be. So, it's time for me to love ya and leave ya. I have an exam in three weeks and precious litle time to revise (evenings, weekends, my absent social life...). So, I'll rejoin you all in 3+ weeks when you'll probably all be on thread 29 or something... Enjoy!

10. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Just popped in before I go to a dance lesson - latino by the way - (can't do ballroom. Eww!) to wish you all the best for the new series tonight. It's 7.30pm here, so my 9pm on Thursdays are mambo times! May the Gods of GSR be smiling on us all, and I expect DETAILS tomorrow, ladies!

Sorry, Zigs, we missed our flights from Manchester so we can't be with you, despite our desires to be in your basement flat tonight! Will have a cookie for you, though.

Enjoy.

11. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

...What did I do?

BIG IMPORTANT GSR NOTICE. lol. Okay, not really, but VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-NORTH AMERICAN VIEWERS:

For those of you who do not like the illegality of downloading episodes, but you know you won't be able to see it for, like 3 more months? CBS is, for absolutely free, airing the full episodes after they air on their website.

That way you don't just have to go and see the little scenes put up at random websites, but the whole damn thing.

Which, if we get some good GSR, will be nice for those who don't necessarily just want to go right to it, but rather be pleasantly surprised, and don't have to feel left out of the discussions.

12. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

BIG IMPORTANT GSR NOTICE. lol. Okay, not really, but VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE TO NON-NORTH AMERICAN VIEWERS:

For those of you who do not like the illegality of downloading episodes, but you know you won't be able to see it for, like 3 more months? CBS is, for absolutely free, airing the full episodes after they air on their website.

That way you don't just have to go and see the little scenes put up at random websites, but the whole damn thing.

Which, if we get some good GSR, will be nice for those who don't necessarily just want to go right to it, but rather be pleasantly surprised, and don't have to feel left out of the discussions.

[/QUOTE]
    omg how do we get them your a star :D

13. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

You mean how do you get the episodes?

Apparently www.cbs.com is actually just going to have the episodes available to download after the air. I'm not 100% sure how it works, but I'd check there after about 10pm to see if they have any announcement about it.

It used to be 99cents to download, but they've dropped it, most likely knowing how many people just illegally download, because advertisers are now covering the costs for them (which means there will be ads in the separate online broadcasts as well, and I don't think you can bypass them).

14. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Don't get too excited. As I told Sarah, more often than not they'll have an IP block on these kind of things so those outside the US (and Canada) are unable to access them (I know they've done that with many things on Google Video, for example [it makes me sad to feel left out :(] so it's probably likely this'll happen here).

I'm not saying for definite we won't be able to watch them, only that there is a large probability that that is the case (otherwise, charging international networks hundreds of thousands of dollars for syndication rights would seem kind of pointless, no?)

ETA: And I don't think it'll be a case of downloading as such either. I'd say it'll be up on innertube or something where you have to watch it off the site, possibly with commercial breaks inbetween (gotta make money somehow?)

15. jofod

jofod Police Officer

Hi Guys! Congratulations for the new thread!

Tonight is the premiere night! I hope you people who live in USA will post a complete report about the ep and possible GSR moments.

Regarding the on line version of Tv Guide A&Q i have to admit i'm a little concerned. Certainly you are right Sarah, they are so vague for keeping the audience on edge, but i didn't like when WP and JF said that they don't know if G and S are in love or not. I mean why after six years of refusals G starts a relationship, to have sex with Sara if he hasn't feelings for her? Why Sara after six years of turning about by Grissom and after she proposed to move on she has accepted to stay with him? I hope we'll have an answer this season.

ETA

The download from cbs site is possible for us here in Europe?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.