Grissom&Sara#22 - Tongues Cost More

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Sep 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

2. ginascar

ginascar Rookie

I was rewatching the "according to my supervisor" scene and I simply fell in love with Jorja/Sara in this scene. I dont know why but just the way she was talking to him was... perfect. I mean ive always liked her but it was just something about this scene. Anyone else think the same?

About the kiss, I think we will eventually get one, not a huge make out, but a peck on the lips. It just seems like something they would do. When they will do it...well I hope it will pop up out of no where really. Kinda take us all be suprise. Those are always the best.

I am still trying to get over the fact that they really are canon. It just seems too good to be true.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I like when they just sort of let her be coy and sweet - Roshomama played that well in the beginning with Mikey, and even her asking if David's in-laws loved him.

I think that us not having a kiss is part of the problem - the fact that we didn't see it when it started... I don't know - does anyone feel like it's not "real" because of that? Not in a bad way, I just mean it's such a big shift for them to just be... together.

4. Alyssa

Alyssa CSI Level Two

The ship totally feels real to me, but that's probably because I was hoping for a hug by the end of season 6, not an intimate moment talking in a bedroom! Just a little off from what I was envisioning! ;)

I feel like they are in a real relationship, like we are getting snapshots of what it's like in the professional business setting. I've known people who have had secret relationships, and it was really interesting watching them at work together (I was one of the few people privy). Gris and Sara are definitely fitting the bill, here.

I know we don't see a lot of "CSIs at home," but somehow, seeing that at this point would make it feel almost ingenuine to me. I love our fab duo, and I'd love to see them interacting in a more relaxed setting, but I couldn't picture starting an episode of CSI with the two of them snuggling in bed... They're a subtle couple, and always have been. They have their moments, however, which is why I'm not discounting the idea of an episode starting with the two of them snuggling. It's possible, just not probable.

So, to me, I'm looking at them as I did those people in my life, and noticing those little moments no one else thought anything of because they weren't "in the know." It's delicious to me, and definitely feels real. Every time Grissom gazes lovingly at Sara, it feels real. Every time she purses her lips at him in an air-kiss, it feels real. Delicious.

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Yeah, I can see that - for those of us of the spoiled, from Jorja's comment about kissing and telling, it just sounded like it was going to be more of a "shut up and kiss me" kind of scene, rather than "let's ponder the mysteries of death". Believe me, I preferred the second choice because it tied into Grissom's feelings about Brass and his own personality, and I liked that they didn't go with the obvious "surprise!" make-out, but at the same time... I don't know.

I think that hearing them discuss their relationship in the upcoming episode... or just the two of them together long enough will kind of solidify it

Oh - I'm not saying that they AREN'T in a relationship, I'm saying it doesn't feel like... almost as if... I don't know - I believe that they're committed, but I think we were all so used to the "when's it going to happen" that now that it's here, it's just not... it's hard to believe that it's actually happened.

Not in a corny way, just straight-forward. And I think that seeing them truly un-professional might kind of reduce that sentiment.

And no, that wasn't a desperate plea for CSI:Ass.

6. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Thanks desert and AL.. I'll let her know next time I talk to her :)

For those who care, here is a vague translation of the French article Sarah linked to (France French is quite different than Quebec French, so bear with me here :)):

William Petersen (Gil Grissom on CSI) Enjoyed a small romantic tryst in [Paris] with his wife, Gina Cirrone, a former Italian science teacher whom he married in 2003. After leaving their hotel room at George V, they enjoyed a romantic dinner at Maitre Pierre- Italian, of course. After 130 episodes of CSI in 6 years, William Petersen is glad to enjoy some freedom for a change!

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Thanks for the translation...it's still better than using Bablefish or something...darn translators spit out things that just make you wanna go "huh?" lol.

I'm sooo glad I wasn't eating anything while reading Sarahyma's post...that last line made me laugh like crazy...and again every time I think of it. CSI:Ass...rofl!!!

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

okey, the article and the pics are horribly cute. i am extremely glad to see him so happy. the guy's just fun to be around. and his wife's very pretty. all that just made my day :D

zig, thanks for the translation, it was what i just wanted to ask for. and tell fogi, that Adz misses her too, and wants her back. ;)
    i think seeing them in the bedroom together, dressed in a way they were and talking about such things, it meant a lot more than a kiss or a hug, and it definitely convinced me that they're together. i don't really need a proof such as a make out to truly believe it. BUT, i agree that there is still something lacking, and for me to completely fulfill my need for shameless GSR, i need some more closeness. a lot of it, to be honest, lol.

9. Sara_Grissom_Fan

Sara_Grissom_Fan Prime Suspect

i agree, im glad we got that bedroom scene in the last season cause it told us a lot more about their relationship and the state of it, than a little kiss or something at the end would have. but i agree, because we havent seen overt romantic affection between the two, like a kiss, its something you really begin to hope for. especially now their in a relationship.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I Can see that everyone longs for sara and grissom to kiss but I guess what will happen is a tiny little kiss, quick and perhaps a little bit huried so everyone in front of the television will go: WHAT?? :eek: Did I really see what I thought I did see?? Whas that THE kiss, I ll have to rewind and watch again. It would be so characteristic for the writers. And we all will ask ourselves if THAT was it and we will get crazy and totally nuts. And the writers will crack up and say to themselves: HEHE, now the got what they want and its totally up to us If the audience is going to get more..... :devil:

Bye the way what about this for the new thread: VEGGIE BURGER - HOT FLESH ANYWAY

11. hitchhiker42

hitchhiker42 Prime Suspect

yeah... that'll be it... blink and you miss it!

the more insane amongst us re-watching with the pause control on. lol

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I'm almost wondering if it isn't the timeline, actually - because if they make the timeline something I can't believe, then I think I'd doubt the conviction of the writers to really do the ship justice.

And, of course, over the summer we listened to a lot of reasons why GSR was bad, therefore...

I don't know - I guess I'm waiting for the writers to really justify it, as bad as that sounds.

13. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

I had a heart attack today.

Want to hear about it?

Well, you're going to, and you have no choice. HA!

Anyway, So yesterday, for some weird reason my cable stopped working. Then I thought, oh great... My Dad told me that they might not be able to fix it, so I had a heart attack cause I thought I was going to miss CSI, and Smallville also airs tonight, but anyway, so now its back, and I'm happy. :D

Yeah, that was really lame, but you heard my story anyway. :D

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

LOL. For a moment I thought you meant you had an actual heart attack, and then I was like... "Wait a second, SXS is, like 14". You are 14, right?

Well, not so lame - I had a power outage - swear to God - in the MIDDLE of Grave Danger and I never got to finish it until August.

Anyway - back to the GSR. lol.

Maybe it's because it's not the premiere, but this Thursday snuck up on me really fast. I can't wait to see what makes it in and what doesn't.

aka. the doctor's speech, the doctor himself, and the first blush conversation. I think from the fact that Sara is crouched at a kitchen table, it must be tonight, because in Toe Tags they're collecting evidence in a garage. Anyway - still encouraging to see that they went with more of a GSR promo for this week - half GSR, half Catherine. As it should be, since both storylines are ones I'm looking forward to. The real star of the night will be Marg, but I do want to see if they're going to continue this strange little dance we saw last week.

15. Dharma

Dharma Dead on Arrival

Ok, forgive me if this has already been discussed in one of the previous 21 threads about the ship (I get a pass since I'm new, right?), but what are your favorite GSR moments in CSI history?

I'm still catching up, so I don't know them all, but one of my favorites has to be the Butterflied speech, more specifically Sara watching through the window. I really wondered what was going on in her head.

Another is the tiny little tidbit "beauty comment" of "Since I met you." The look on Sara's face was priceless.

And when Gris pinned her down to the sheet. Whew! Cold shower anyone?

Also, just to catch me up a bit, if you don't mind. Do we know much about their history pre-CSI? I know they were teacher/student and all that jazz, but did they have a beyond-that relationship?

Thanks ... and it's good to be able to talk to others who swoon over this as much as I do. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.