Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Coo

First of all - CM, please don't bury me in the desert. I don't like sand. Secondly, I don't think I'd fit in the box - I'm nearly 6ft tall and Sarah - my charming accent can get me out of anything!! ;) And oi, NO! Keep your hand off my fannypack!

Now, a little question for you. I've just watched ABRTI pt2. How jealous was Sara with Sophia? She must have been seeing Griss by then - especially judging his look. First time I saw it I thought he was exasperated with Sara's intervention, but then I read it as guilty, especially when he asked her to go up an alley with him (aye aye!) He was all charm, trying to get back into her good books. While she was trying to be all cool with him - I'm looking for a bullet so there but I;ll come down an alley with you.

Anyhoo, to answer the poll, If Sara's brother turned up it would be cliched if she bumped into him because he was a suspect. That's crowbarring him in for creating a character's sake. If he could be skillfully written in - perhaps on holiday in Vegas with friends, staying at a hotel she was investigating at... that's a more plausible reason to introduce him. (That's not skillfully written by the way!)

Would Griss go all caveman or back away for her to deal with it? That would tell us a lot about the state of their relationship, wouldn't it?

Please for explaining fannypack?

Now, a little question for you. I've just watched ABRTI pt2. How jealous was Sara with Sophia? She must have been seeing Griss by then - especially judging his look. First time I saw it I thought he was exasperated with Sara's intervention, but then I read it as guilty, especially when he asked her to go up an alley with him (aye aye!) He was all charm, trying to get back into her good books. While she was trying to be all cool with him - I'm looking for a bullet so there but I;ll come down an alley with you.

OH, ABRTI... the scene in ABRTI is a little like the scene in Bite Me - while it is certainly now explained by the finale (aka. they were together) the real intentions and their expressions are still not clear.

Anyway - my interpretation was that Grissom just felt... stuck. He was awkward when dealing with Sofia - he didn't know how to tell her to leave (because legally she couldn't be there, and he was trying to tell her that) but at the same time, he couldn't force a crying woman out of his office, and also there was a chance that the Sherriff or someone else was around, would see her, and might take disciplinary action.

And then Sara walks in, and awkward gets intensified by about 1000.

That first look he gives her, almost as if to say, "This isn't what you think this is" comes after her giving him a bit of a "WTF?" face.

Then she tells Sofia she shouldn't be there. Now the real crisis of conscience for Grissom is that he was already trying to say this, but now that Sara has intervened, he can't agree with her, or else Sofia might suspect something, and he can't disagree with Sara, because then Sara will be mad at him.

And in essence, Sara is wrong for telling Sofia to leave, and Sofia's wrong for being there. So he can't side with either from a boss standpoint either.

So he keeps his mouth shut while the two rip at one-another. Very unprofessional and I believe that after Werewolves both actresses told the writers to stop, which they definitely seem to have.

Sofia stressing the word "friend" in regards to Grissom obviously gets Sara's jealousy up, especially if she and Grissom haven't been together that long. Judging from the fact that she heard about Lady Heather, and way back in the day, Greg knew about Teri Miller, stories of Grissom's abbreviated "love" life seem to get around the lab fast. So I have a feeling that she knew about his and Sofia's date, but decided that it couldn't have amounted to anything.

However, the word "friend" touches a nerve, especially when Sofia asks Sara how many "friends" she has outside the department.

And at that point, I think Grissom knows there's nothing he can do. So Sara's final look is sort of to say, "Why didn't you do anything?" and his is, in my mind, "You should've left it to me", because if there's anything he hates, it's not being the one in control of the situation.

So the final looks, I believe, had nothing to do with their personal relationship, but rather their professional one.

I picked "other" cause I want, or would rather see Grissom's or Sara's mom ;) if in fact he does show up- if the writers have this on their agenda- as a positive force in her chaotic life and congratulate her on her "boyfriend" and I like Sara's bedroom- charming and his Blue Hawaiian shirt, he likes it!!!!! more TV Guide news-

Sure, there's the hub-bub surrounding Grissom and Sara's undercover relationship revealed back in May------to read the rest, because it';s not related to our couple it's on "Built TO Kill" thread!!! accompanied this brief clip is a cute pic. of them in the bedroom finale scene :p

Sorry, for clarification, are you telling us that in the BTK thread there's a clip with our couple and other material, or just other material with that final snapshot?

In the end, I think Bite Me and ABRTI were purposefully ambiguous because when they were written, Gum Drops was still in the works to happen in its intended form, but it's possible they cut more obvious looks or dialogue when that scene couldn't happen.

For example, in the Bite Me scene, when Grissom says "HE was suffocating", Sara is supposed to say, "Who are we talking about here?"

ETA

Something I've never caught before - Sofia says "This was a really bad idear."

I've noticed that Jorja often has an English intonation to her voice as well, like when she says, "Of course I am" to Hannah in TUS.

I have often wondered from which area Jorja's voice sounds like. It's like a mixture of several influences. Anyway, I love it. It's unique!

Louise lets the British slip out sometimes, it's kind of cute. Poppy Montgomery sometimes has some accidental Australian bits on WaT.

Dean is Dean Cain, who played Superman on Lois and Clark in the early-mid 90s. He could definitely play a hot guy from Sara's past! Her college lover? The guy she was dating when she met Grissom? How gorgeous would that be... he could feel totally threatened by this hot and sexy man, closer to Sara's age and muscle-bound
okey, i've got a killer idea - what if Dean was KEN FULLER??? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now THAT would make Grissom jealous! i can just imagine a hilarous Rashomama-like situation involving him and both our geeks. that'd be precious.

very nice interpretation of ABRTI sarah. i like it. and actually i can't think of anything i could add to it.
For example, in the Bite Me scene, when Grissom says "HE was suffocating", Sara is supposed to say, "Who are we talking about here?"
wait, wait, are you saying this was a previous version of the script or are those only your ideas?

Sorry, for the confusion Sarah there's a little pic. in the TV Guide accompanying the brief article- ;)this one

03.jpg

Okay, so what happened to all the artwork and colors in the room...? I just remember seeing this one pic, and there's some huge painting on the wall and a ton of stuff on the bedside tables. It seems like the background is different in every other picture. Was this the first take or something?

Sorry if I'm late on this, but I just read the TV guide with previews for next week. In one article, it says "their relationship will continue, but it's a secret to every but the audience." this, I'm all too happy about. Anyways, enough of that.

Tradgety has struck. I can't cut out CSI pictures from TV Guide until my dad reads them all, which is like 3 of them with good pictures. I.need.pictures.ahh.
Sorry, real-life stuff. Not good. My bad.

I know this is really late, but I would most like to see Grissom's mom on the show. She totally rocks face, and I haven't even seen her yet. She just totally rocks, in my opinion. She seems so sweet and caring and really really nice. And for some reason I think she'd be a good cook to...No clue why, please don't ask. :p

I have often wondered from which area Jorja's voice sounds like. It's like a mixture of several influences. Anyway, I love it. It's unique!

Jorja was apparently born in or lived in both Florida and New York at points in her life, and at the time of the filming of The Unusual Suspect, she may have very well been interacting with a lot of British producers or theater peopel to get her play off the ground, but meh.

Some people just sound the way they sound.

Okay, so what happened to all the artwork and colors in the room...?

Those were pics from alternate version of the scene. Same dialogue, same idea, but in some of them Sara kind of does the finger gun with her hands, and in another they're both lying on the bed.

It's just that in the final version the camera cut too tight to be able to see the little bedshawl and the painting.

On the poll for some odd reason i picked the mom. I know TPTB will most likely go for the brother but i will like to see the mom. I think it would be so interesting to see her. I wonder how their relationship is like, if she resents her for what she did. From what we've seen in "No humans Involve" and "Commited" it seems that she does. About her brother i think that i will like to see him as a suspect.

Anyways i've been wanting to ask this question but lately i've been to busy so here it goes...How does Grissom know so much about corsets? :confused:

How does Grissom know so much about corsets?

In the stage directions, the writer makes it very clear that Sara is alluding to Lady Heather. Likewise, Grissom's reaction of "I have my sources" and then a shot of the books? He's trying to tell her it was all book learnin' and not "first hand" experience.

OOooHhhh ook so she was the one that was referring to Lady Heather not him. Dumb me i kept on thinking about the episode "Slaves of Las Vegas" and "Inside the box" for some clues but never nothing so now i know ^ thanks.

For the poll i went for the second option..."I think that Gum Drops wouldn't have been enough to classify a "reveal", but..." i think that it would of been a shocker because like it says there were less hints into their actual relationship then as to in "Way to go".

okey, i've got a killer idea - what if Dean was KEN FULLER??? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, now THAT would make Grissom jealous! i can just imagine a hilarous Rashomama-like situation involving him and both our geeks. that'd be precious.
Oh DUDE, how cool would that be? What an awesome idea!!! And when she said that she joined the mile high club, maybe she was lying about the airplane part.. he is, after all, Superman ;) Okay, I think we need to officially write to him and get his agent to beg to get him a job as Ken Fuller. Oh, and that SVU ep he played a rapist in was on tonight. *shudder* SO unsettling.

Jorja was apparently born in or lived in both Florida and New York at points in her life
I always thought she sounded Californian. That kind of drawling bored tone. You know. Like yours. Yankee ho.

In the poll I went with 'yes, life is short, blah blah blah'. Partly because I was kind of hoping/expecting it to happen right around or after Grave Danger anyway. When I first heard the Gum Drops rumours I wasn't at all surprised. Excited, yes. Very, very excited. But not at all surprised.

Anyway, I've been working my butt off on my brand new graphics website today, so I shall go do more work on it now. Yay for a hub for my icons.

sarahvma said:
Excellent. Now, let's not forget our "fannypacks"
Was... was that supposed to be a reference to American fashions? Cuz you're, like, 20 years off. Bitch.
Nerh :lol: It was a reference to an upcoming s7 episode called "fannysmacking". Now the word "fanny" alludes to a completely different area of anatomy in the UK. My comment above alludes to the amused conversation that Britfan, I and others had on this subject over in the s7 pics thread. No offence meant! ;)

Dean Cain as Ken Fuller would be top class! We'd really get a jealous face out of Grissom. He could come work at the lab (presuming he's still a scientist). He could work with Hodges. That'd really make Gris's day.

I've also often wondered where Sara gets her accent. I really like it - so unique. It's a bitch when I'm reading the novels though as I can never actually hear her voice in my head because I've no idea where the intonations would go!

In the poll, I went with option 2 because when I first read about the "missing" Gum Drops scene that will never be, I thought "oh, well, it would have been another case of the writers leading on with no intention of going anywhere with it". At that point I wasn't reading many spoilers and I was kinda of the opinion that I'd wish they would do something to settle the matter whether it be get them together or have Sara get a new boyfriend or something. I didn't actually believe they would get them together and nothing short of a full make-out scene or the (thankfully) more subtle "togther" scene they did at the end of WTG, would have convinced me otherwise. I was too jaded to get subtlety at that point. Thankfully they decided to hit us with a brick. :D

PS: Sorry about the banner - changed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back