Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Hey! Number 21! If this thread was a person, it could now drink legally in California and rent cars in Canada. If that makes sense. Which it doesn't. Whatever - Ievy post some of your new rockin' GSR art to celebrate and people - break out the no-longer thread-illegal bubbly!

2. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

Congrats on the new thread.. and I agree with the title.. go GSR!

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Thanks, Radical618 - though tragically I don't think their secret will last.

I must say that I was rather impressed that although yes, we the audience guessed throughout the year that there seemed to be something going on, despite repeated prefaces of "I know they can't be together, but..." that for the most part, they did spend the year incognitio. Which, for two private work-a-holics may not be THAT unusual, but it does say that the commitment both to the job and the relationship were handled respectful - yes, in terms of the characters, but also in terms of the writers.

It gives me hope that next season isn't going to be like "screw everything you know about these characters' personalities - it's a free-for-all now"

4. Reeble

Reeble CSI Level Three

5. CathStokes

CathStokes Head of the Day Shift

^I love that Reebs! .. and congrats on the new thread you guys! Keep on shippin!
    ~L

6. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I really like that, Reebs - and I'm not just saying it because I have to. So you KNOW I'm sincere. Yeah, that made sense - hey, I'm off work and hopped on sugar. Sue me.

Okay - in the spirit of the new thread title, a poll is in order, as usual.

7. beautifulview

beautifulview Pathologist

i voted "around november sweeps" because they'd probally air it when something could happen as a cliffhanger for us to go insane anyalizing... but didn't "they" say catherine and nick already know? i forgot, wasn't there an interview? oh well, but i dont think greg and warrick know, to me they're not as close to them (griss or sara) as catherine and nick happen to be with G&S. thats me anyway. oh well.

and... WOOO for thread number 21! now we can drink champagne and not hide it anymore, who's with me?!

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think there might be a few hints early on but that maybe they won't realize anything until later, like Nov. Sweeps or the finale.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I put option 2 - I think we're going to see little things where people just sort of do double-takes or clue in in the first couple of episodes, and looks are exchanged. While I think the big "unveiling" will happen in some ratings-heavy time like sweeps or the finale, ultimately the team really catching on will probably be earlier.

10. Crysthala

Crysthala CSI Level One

I said Other. It's becoming a sort of habit now.
    I think there will be little hints, and then the gang will be like "They're dating" eventually, and Greg will kind of be like "REEHEEEHEEEHEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALLLY? What was your first clue? And I thought Brass was the smart one! Your deductive skills are remarkable!"
    Catherine: Hey, did you hear?
    Greg: What, about Ecklie finally dying and burning in the deepest circle of Hell?
    Catherine: No, Gris and Sara are finally together.
    Greg: Ptsh. Old news. That off time for the "seminar" they're going to? That is their honeymoon.

EDIT: For the record? My computer died, so I haven't been on for awhile. And I just voted for [Edited for Adult Content], and GUESS WHAT? IT TIED WITH THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD. What is THAT? AAAAAAAGGGHH! It's got to be the next thread title.

11. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

YYYAAYY FOR THE NEW THREAD! CONGRATS EVERYBODY!! :D

voted November sweeps. i seriously think season 7 finale is way too late, and i don't think it will be a bang - revealed in one moment to everybody. nope, that's SO not their style. i think Cath will figure it out and talk about it with Warrick maybe in terms of their own frendship.

Cath: I think something is going on.
    Warrick: With who?
    Cath: Sara. And Grissom.
    Warrick: Yeah, i noticed something is different.
    Cath: i think they're dating. or maybe even more *the Cath look*
    Warrick: that would be ...
    Cath: not like Grissom ...
    Warrick: yeah
    Cath: he finally found the courage. not like ...
    Warrick: yeah, yeah *the Warrick look*

12. jofod

jofod Police Officer

Congratulations for the new thread guys, even if i confess i'm not mad about the title and this is the reason:

The title remember me the Parker's monologue and this is disturbing, isn't it?

However for the poll i voted November sweeps because i agree that season seven finale would bee too late. I also agree that a big revelation wouldn't be CSI "style".

P.S.:I forgotten to thank Reeble for the wonderful avatar and banner. Thanks Reeble! :D

13. Radical618

Radical618 Coroner

I voted around "November Sweeps".. that's when everything happens.. well besides a finale anyway... :rolleyes:

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

True, the speech does obviously factor a great deal into the worries for the coming season, but I think this was just meant to be a silly phrase used to kind of "defend" them dating secretly. The more you read into it, the less sense it makes. Besides, as I said again: we had to expect that there would still be some angst. Not just because that's what the ship was founded on, but because even we would get bored of the perfect relationship all the time. So if people are going to suggest that Grissom is dating Sara because it's convenient... well... didn't we already kind of say that that's how outside people would view it? Only we suggested it was Ecklie, and even Miss Dee pretty much said that Ecklie would refer to it as his inability to 'keep it in his pants'. Which is basically what the good doctor is saying as well, but taking it a step further in the personal department, but also insulting his professional life and calling it the starter for it.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

YOur certainly welcome Reebs my pleasure ---and WOW on the pictures you posted- amazing good job- and I voted PLEASE--- everone already knows- I'm just going by the "Early Show" interviews with George and Marg and Jorja and Billy-- they all said that-- but who knows except the phantom, and the writers - and sometimes I wonder about them :lol:and the WPAP site says Billy is clean shaven- but might grow back his beard-- hope there's some new pics soon

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.