Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

I knew it! I knew that the season 1 episodes would open people's eyes, so that's why I wanted them to be repeated for a long time. I am so happy to hear this from you! :D

Yeah, I'm also not that fond of the 'pre-CSI relationship' idea. For some reason it doesn't add up for me. But if they have a good explanation, I might buy it. I'll still be hyped about GSR being canon anyway, lol.

2. jordan

jordan Rookie

GSR being canon now is like the greatest thing ever, to me. I've been waiting for the longest time, it's so great that it finally happened.
    Oh yeah whoop for it happening before! The SF theory still has a chance to be true!! I'm sorry, but I am a HUGE supporter of the SF theory. Something had to have happened between them before Vegas. I'm sorry, but it just HAD to. If not, then everything that's been going on the past 6 years is very confusing. Cuz if nothing happened in SF, then why are they like in love?? They've obviously had these feelings since before the first episode Sara was ever in, and that doesn't happen just out of nowhere. He didn't even have to turn around to know it was her. I mean, think about it. That isn't an easy thing to do. Trust me, I've tried. This theory must be true, I don't think I see it any other way. They could have just known each other because he taught her, but there is no way there was nothing more.
    THE SF THEORY WILL BE PROOVED!!!

...One of these days...

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I don't think that the fact that Grissom is barefoot has any special significance for GSR. I like that Sara and Grissom are so close together and that they're both wearing very out of character clothes (Sara somewhat sexier, Grissom lighter) and the fact that it's an Abbey Road hommage altogether, but as far as "Grissom is Dead" stuff, or any of that...

Nah.

If I had to guess, WP and TPTB of that generation just thought it would be fun.

They're trying to make it sound like they have inside information. CM claims that she won the argument about Grissom and Sara doing the hot and heavy in San Francisco ages ago, yet we've never had that much solid proof either way. Their lives in San Fracisco, no matter WHAT happened, are SO different from the relationship, professional and personal, in Las Vegas, that in the end, it really doesn't matter. It's what happened once they got to Vegas that I'd like to be handled with care.

4. jordan

jordan Rookie

True, there has been no solid proof. But can we stick with the possibility of it happening?? I just think the theory makes perfect sence...But I guess not everyone thinks so.

Oh, and can I get a HOORAH for having posted my 100th time??? Woooo. You all know you just adore my avatar ^__^

5. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

HOORAH FOR JORDAN.

lol

Yes, it is very very very possible that something happened in San Francisco. I do NOT think it was a full-blown relationship, but like I said - they were very different people then, especially to each other. He was not her boss. She was not his employee. They had not both retreated into their shells yet.

They probably admired one another, saw that kinship, that similarity, so I have no doubt that they immediately felt a spark, but whether they acted on it or not...

Who knows? I am willing to accept that something happened. I am not willing to believe they've been on-again off-again since season 2

6. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

I think anything happening between them in SF is kinda...icky? I mean, think about in Crate'n'Burial, her saying to him "Always trying to be your number one student" (and his response - "That was a seminar, this is real life", or something along those lines - I'm quoting from memory here). That, to me, does not sound as if they had ever been involved romantically or sexually, unless they had some weird kinky roleplaying thing going on.

Yes, they were probably attracted to each other, and yes, they clearly became friends and stayed in touch over the time between meeting at the seminar and Gris inviting her to Vegas, but I honestly don't believe it went beyond that.

It'd say it was an crush (of sorts) on her part, intrigue & interest on his part, and admiration from both sides. It led them together, and kept them together, but that was only in the very beginning when they barely knew each other. As Sarah said - it's what happened since she came to Vegas that matters.

[Edit:]

Yes. That. (Steal my thoughts why don't you!) :p (But no I don't think they acted on it)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree with your theory- theater they so keep us guessing and in the dark- :cool:so many hidden meanings- and on the promo-pic. I think as well, it doesn't have any signifigance-just a cool new photo ;)- but-once again we don't really know remember the picture in the diner? what a bust :( there was NOTHING in that pic. to suggest anything important -except Brass getting shot :(- so that was a big fizzle--they mess with ones mind- some pics pf "Crate & Burial" :p

SO IN TUNE

ARE YOU OK HONEY?

8. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

EWWWW @ Roleplaying.

I see your point, Theatre and I think that once Grissom became the boss, it's possible he now even views their relationship in San Francisco as having been inappropriate, even if it was just a crush at the time.

I mean, he was dating in the pilot, he was flirtatious with Holly, and then he becomes the boss and seems to realize that he's not one of the guys anymore.

When he called up Sara, I think it was as a colleague. Unfortunately in Crate and Burial we see his conscience start to battle with him now that he's the boss.

But he still "tapes her up". It's all contradictory, as it always is.

9. theatresporter

God, if we had the "Tape me up?" "I love my work" comment now? There would be PANDEMONIUM! That is an excellent, excellent moment.

I agree with you, though, Sarah, he definitely called her up primarily as a colleague, but I'm sure there was a small part of him that really just wanted to see her again. As we've said, yes he probably admired her in a professional sense, and so sure, that was likely his reasoning for phoning her to help - but we could tell from the outset that they liked each other - and for that reason, from all the brilliant CSIs he undoubedly knows from being so high up in his field - that would be what separated Sara from the rest.

10. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

I think there would be pandemonium simply because at this point it had been so built up (the relationship, and I'm referring to pre-revelation) that mouth-to-mouth was a huge scene.

Well, Josh Berman said in an interview a couple of years ago that not many people would be willing to relocate their lives at the drop of a hat if it was just about a job. But also, what I keep coming back to is that Grissom probably knows people who've been CSIs longer or even have more experience in surveilance or inquiries. And yet he picked Sara, which I think was completely about him wanting to see her again, even if he does think she can do a good job.

And it's also possible, from the way Grissom shuts her down in Crate and Burial, that he's doing it more for show. Sort of saying 'This is how it has to be now that I'm the boss'.

11. jordan

jordan Rookie

Personally, I don't think that anything huge happened in SF, if anything. I think it could have just been something small, but with a huge meaning. It's been obvious from day 1 that they've got feelings. And I think it's safe to say they're strong...
    If it's not safe, I shall now hide behind this table. *ducks behind table*
    And now I shall continue from the safety of my table.
    They obviously have strong feelings, but have been afraid to pursue them in fear of possible past events.
    --Ex: bad relationships/break-ups, etc.--
    But since they've finally, and I'll say it again: FINALLY, decided to do something about their feelings, it's gunna work out. It'll be rocky for a while, but then it'll all be good. That's how I see it. Because all of their problems won't be worked out overnight, so they have to still deal with them. And then there's the whole keeping it a secret thing, and how it'll affect their work and blah blah blah. But it'll all be good in the end. I'm very confident in the geeks. <3 :p

12. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

My official stance on San Francisco, if I was forced to come to a conclusion other than "Whatever they feed us in canon", I'd say that they flirted. She obviously impressed him, seeing as she seemed to be parroting back that he had called her his star pupil in Crate and Burial.

They clearly got to know each other outside of the teacher/student setting, and I don't think he was ever officially a teacher, but rather a lecturer or an expert.

They probably spent some time together or found some way to correspond. Maybe at some point Sara or Grissom officially planned a date. I think they probably ate together plenty, but I mean a glaringly obvious "date".

But in terms of "what did they do"... a kiss at the most. But I don't think, personally, it even went that far. I think: clear attraction, clear to both of them that the other wanted more, but the brakes were put on for whatever reason, at the time. Maybe he had to leave and it would be unfair to just leave her wondering when they were a state or two apart.

13. theatresporter

I think part of the reason it would be pandemonium, though, was because Catherine was involved, too. I mean, mouth-to-mouth was huge, yeah, but it was a private comment between Gris and Sara. The "I love my work"/"It shows" exchange makes it bigger than that.

And I love that it's Sara just flashing her flirtatious side, and Grissom scurrying after her. Hee.

I wonder what Sara's job situation was when Gris called and asked her to Vegas, though...Was she a permanent CSI in the same way she is now, just in SF? (Obviously we don't know, so that's a rhetorical question)

And when he called her, was it in fact to replace Holly as a permanent CSI? Or was it initially just to help with that one case - the investigation and do the whole Warrick gambling thing - and then go back to SF, but then ended up taking her on full time after that?

In any case, aren't we glad he called her? :D

14. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

True - it's kind of rare, but nice, when we see an outside character show that they've picked up on the GSR interactions. Like Catherine does in that scene.

They all seem to treat it like the elephant in the room, knowing but not saying, but I can see Catherine or Brass or Doc being able to full-out say it in front of others or just them without blushing too hard.

Nick? Greg? Warrick? Nah. They can joke and chide, but I think all three have a deep love and respect for Sara and a reverence for Grissom that makes them keep their mouths shut on something potentially embarassing.

15. theatresporter

Doc? I just had an image of the dog from GA making an appearence on the show. But no, I know you're talking about Al :p And I agree with you there - he, Brass and Cath (the "grown-ups", as opposed to N/G/W "the kids") have greater authority to mention GSR.

And it's not just because they've been witness to the most. Obviously Cath instigated the plant thing, and Brass was there for Butterflied - and while I don't think Al has actually been there for anything we're aware of, I still maintain it's totally likely that he knows about their relationship - and even the extent of it now, with their "secrecy", heh.

What was I saying? Oh yeah, I mean, how much stuff has Warrick been around for? The elevator moment in Chaos Theory, and obviously Thermite, not to mention his "you just don't like seeing him with other women" comment in Sounds of Silence. I'm sure he knows full well about their relationship, but I totally can't picture him saying anything, for just the reasons you outlined.

Nick and Greg can joke, I agree, but you're right - they wouldn't say anything to embarrass them. Nick because, well, Sara's his sister (lol) and Greg because...maybe he's all pouty about missing out on Sandles lovin' (for now)? ;)

It would be nice to have a GSR moment in Season 7, much like the 'tape me up'/'I love my work'/'it shows' moment -just because it would be great for them to be that comfortable with its existence in the lab. There's so much angst and drama and all that crap on the show - people getting along and having fun and being accepting of things in a positive way - that's the kinda stuff we need more of.

...the Abbey Road "last album" theory is true (which we don't know it is) and s7 is gonna be their last hurrah

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.