Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sarahvma, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

thanks for the spoiler - replies guys.

SF theory. yeah, i don't really know what to think about it. after reading all your posts, i gotta say i'm confused. i mean, okey, we didn't know they were together for some time in S6. i watched those episodes first time, and i didn't have a clue about it. after WTG, i watched all those eps again, and it changed my perspective on them 180 degrees. and now, they want to do the same with ... THE WHOLE SHOW SINCE THE BEGGINING?? i'm just not going to survive it. one thing i want to say, i don't like the SF theory that much b/c of it.

but if i put this worry to a side for a minute and think more open-mindenly - it's not so without sense. another thing is of course, how close they were back then? flirting? one date? phew, i'll be okey with that. it will even explain why Sara seemed so willing to confess her feelings to him all the time. it will even explain the Grissom's somewhat weird reaction in ND. i always wondered why after Sara pointed on him, he didn't seem confused or sheepish or i-don't-know-what-to-say like in Snakes (they talked at work environment, in ND they were more private). he looked like he very much knew what she was talking about and wasn't sheepish or anything about it.

so yeah, flirting/one date - i'm gonna understand it and even be more okey about it. but intimate??? nooo. it will kill everything i believed when i watched those 140 episodes. i'd have to watch them all again and try to think SF-intimate theory is canon. and i don't want it to be like this. besides, it won't make any sense after "Did you just say what i think you said?", Butterflied (the intimate part, if they only flirted/dated in SF it would make sense), and more.

2. greggoooo_fan

greggoooo_fan Police Officer

about the SF thing, i think something did happen, a little flirting as in a boss-student way.. :p i mean, when he brought her in, he commented her with: she is someone i trust.. :D that means he got to know her in SF very well. :)
    as for season 7 moments, i like to see things as Invisble Evidence, but then Sara doesn't backs off. :devil: ;) and moments like the tape me up scene are very welcome too. :p i don't know why, but i don't really want another nesting dolls scene, cause that was soooo sad, i was almost crying.. :( :p i like to see them in a more happy way, being very close and HAPPY! :p

3. britfan

britfan Pathologist

Thanks for the directions, Desertwind. Looked at the site, but they haven't got the questions to ask our gorgeous twosome yet. It's the article I want to read when they do it. But now I know the web page I can look at it when the frenetic response on this forum starts! Thanks again, chuck!

Just as a matter of interset, have we got any GSR spoilers yet? We seem to be sadly lacking...

4. jordan

jordan Rookie

As I've said, I'm completly for the SF theory. Maybe it wasn't something huge, but something did happen back there. Although I'm highly determined to find the answer myself reading full-quoted episodes off of the internet and flipping through picture after picture, I could wait for Griss or Sara to say something on the show. It's too much work for me...well, maybe not. Wow, my school should assign CSI projects and essays. I would be a straight-A student.

Ahem, anyways...the SF theory is fully supported on my part, and I think something did happen. But hey, who am I to declare it's a fact?? I don't write the show, sadly enough, and others are indeed entitled to their own opinions. However, I shall not back down when the theory is brought up in discussion among my friends.
    You know what I just realized?? I know enough about this show to teach a class on it...it would be very educational, and very debateable, and very fun, and very entertaining. I would hold class debates on different things like the SF theory and all my students would research it and stuff. Haha, I'm a wack job. :D

5. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

A csi class would be great,it would almost make me miss high school.god,i never thought that i could say that,csi makes me lose my self control!

6. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

hey guys ive not seen this pic does n e 1 no where i can see it :D

7. jordan

jordan Rookie

8. theatresporter

theatresporter Lab Technician

Try to remember to get your 3 lines in, guys. While it's great of you to ask questions and help each other out, adding that bit extra gives the rest of us more to respond to, and it keeps the thread alive :)

I was thinking more about the "since SF" theory, and while I still don't believe it, or believe they were "together" back then, even if it was only a "while he was there" kinda thing, Grissom giving Sara the entymology textbook for Christmas that one year...fits nicely into the theory, doesn't it? Especially seeing as he doesn't give gifts to other people.

Now, granted, Burden Of Proof with the plant gift-giving was in Season 2, and the Christmas gift wasn't mentioned until Season 4 (4x17, 'XX' - so it was post Butterflied, too) - so the gift-giving between them coulda risen incrementally across those two years. I'm not sure he would've/had've thought (or at least acted on the urge) to give her anything - for whatever reason - pre-BOP. Poor inept Gil <3

Now, in 'XX' she said that Grissom gave the book to her "last Christmas" and that episode aired in March 2004 (with Butterflied in February - the day after Valentine's, in fact) - and if each of these episodes are meant to be happening in the here-and-now, this means that particular Christmas fell somewhere in between 4x10 'Coming of Rage' (Dec 18 2003) and 4x11 'Eleven Angry Jurors' (Jan 08 2004).

Significance? Well, none I can think of right now while I'm operating on 2-3hrs sleep. But at least I've laid out the facts for anyone who wants to take it from here.

Mind you - Skank boy was around through a large part of those two years (remember, they were on a date in 'The Finger' (airdate: 01/31/02) which was the episode right before BOP, and they didn't break up til more than a year later, in the following season in 'Crash & Burn' (airdate: 03/13/03) as was the second appearence of Lady Heather (her first was in Nov 2001, this one being in Feb 2003)

Don't forget that also, Gris had his hearing operation, and Sara asked him out.

Ah, the many things that can happen in such a seemingly short space of time.

9. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

Hey - in case no one else has posted it, there's a new CSI promo in which Grissom and Sara share a split second of screentime, which is plenty when you consider the whole thing is about 20 seconds. lol.

Either way, here it is:

winmed.tvc.cbsig.net

10. Jenjac

Jenjac Dead on Arrival

I really don't think that anything happened in SF. There was possibly flirting but that would be it as far as an intimate relationship would have gone. They'd obviously spent some time together and gotten to know each other (platonically). Otherwise, why would Grissom 'trust' Sara?

There was too much stuff, in their relationship, shown on tv that would make me that nothing had happened previously. I don't recall any mentions of their pasts in SF. There's been no mention of a 'relationship' between the two. When Sara asked Grissom to dinner (PWF), to me it seemed that it was the first time the question had been asked in that context.

There has probably been an attraction between the two of them since the word go. But I don't think it was acted on until sometime in season 6. Or at the very earliest, after Grave Danger.

11. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

well,i agree with you about the S/F theory.When sara asked grissom out in season3,she said something like:"come on,let see what wil happened".I don't think she would have said that if they had already date.
    I still wonder when they start dating.I've seen some scenes of "time of your death" yesterday,the way they were loooking at each other,that was hot!something definitely happened in this episode!

12. Fabian

Fabian Pathologist

Looking back, I guess there could have been something going on in SF, but it's hard to buy.
    It just seems like a long shot. But maybe it's just hard to buy when all these years you've been thinking that nothing has ever happened between them. That's actually pretty cool, to mislead people that way. I just hope that TPTB handle it with care.

13. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

i think they will,and i don't think we gonna have much more scenes involving the personnal life of the characters.forensics is the most important part of the show,that's not gonna change,that's what has made the success of the show!

14. jordan

jordan Rookie

I'm not gunna lie, I don't think much happened back there. I agree with the flirting thing and what-not, but I just don't see any other way that they could have those feelingss for each other from the very beginning. It could be just a "really close friends" thing, but if I said I believed that they've just been close friends all this time and wanted nothing more I would probably have to kick my own ass. Nothing huge happened back there, but something. I'm very confident in this, as I've said time and time again.

15. cindy

cindy Hit and Run

yeah,something like a little flirt...That would explain why they were so close in season1 but i don't think they really date.Maybe they were about to do it and then grissom move to vegas?I don't know,everything about GSR is always so confusing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.