Grissom&Sara#21 - Cuz Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the whole SF theory i just cant see it. I dont think nothing romantically happened between them i just think that they had crushes in each other and thats it... i dont know why CM came up with this :p :rolleyes:

OMG i just seen the promo picture and Grissom looks slimer and waaay different w/o his beard! Wow im in shock that he looks so different! :eek: :eek:

Hi FOlks

I agree with some of you guys, an affair in SF just doesn't add up.

I think that in San Francisco when they worked together there was some chemistry, but neither acted on it. I think Grissom knew that Sara liked him and he had feelings for her that he felt could develop into something more but even then he knew they were wrong. At that point in his life and career he knew it wouldn't work out so he left and seperated himself from her. (to an extent, im sure they spoke occasionnalybecause he wanted some connection to her). His speech in 'Butterflied' when he says 'but all of a sudden we get a second chance. Someone young and beautiful shows up, somebody we could care about' He was refering to thier 'relationship'/'feelings' in San Francisco. He couldn't risk his work for her then. But when it came to the point when he had to choose someone to handle the internal investigation, he had to be objective and choose the person who he knew was best for the job. He had not seen her in awhile his feelings (he thought) had weakened or gone altogether.

So i don't think anything like an affair happened, but they obviously felt something for eachother. Sara's feelings being more obvious to Grissom than the other way around. I think he also left SF on good terms with her, this is because neither were 100% positive of eachothers feelings, therefore no awkardness between them that was brought out into the open.

SO i have finished my rambling lol Doubt it makes sense. It did in my head.

P.S Does anyone have a link to a csi commercial for season 7? Im in the UK so don't have them yet.

I too think that something did happen in SF but i seems as they were not going as far as having sex with eachother. I belíeve that there was a lot of energy between them back then but grissom did not cross the teacher/student line. Maybe a little flirting maybe going out for a drink after class but no more than that. I think both sara and grissom wished there had been more than that but grissom i suppose hesitated to take the next step although the air was surely burning.Sara said in one episode something like, you are the reason why i moved to las vegas. so there must have been something going on in SF. And Grissom said in Butterflied, he couldnt sacrifice his career for being together with a woman (we know he means sara) so i think he didnt sleep with her in SF because then he would have said that he nearly risked his job for a relationship and that he would never do that again.

One thing kind of makes sense to me when it comes to SF.
In 'Butterflied', Grissom says that a woman came in and 'offers him a new life with her'. I always thought that this didn't really seem right, since Sara only asked him out. She didn't offer him a life with her. So maybe in SF, they already reached the point where they had to make a decision. And Grissom 'couldn't do it' there, like he also says.

And in 'Play with Fire', he clearly says: 'I don't know what to do about this'. This could sound like a: 'What's been going on with us', while actually not much has been going on, to be honest. So in that case, the SF story might make sense.

i think the whole confession in Butterflied said the most about their relationship at that time, than any other moment, we want to interpret. therefore, time to get seriuos, folks. i'm gonna try to read into what he said in that episode and fit it to our SF theory.

It's sad, isn't it, doc? - Grissom finally realized that how he lives isn't making him happy.

Guys like us. Couple of middle-aged men who've allowed their work to consume their lives. - Another indication that he is not satisfied with his life.

The only time we ever touch other people is when we're wearing our latex gloves. - We see that Grissom actually admits of being human, admits that he also needs human contact.

We wake up one day and realize that for fifty years we haven't really lived at all. - Maybe an indication of a breakthrough in his thinking. If he had a chance now, he would change the direction his life is heading. Possibly, he regrets previous choices he made.

But then, all of a sudden we get a second chance. Somebody young and beautiful shows up. Somebody ... we could care about. - IMO the All of the sudden phrase excludes the possibility that something serious happened between him and Sara in SF.

She offers us a new life with her but we have a big decision to make, right? - I would interpret this part in a way that Sara knew he is attracted to her. She offers a new life, right? She wouldn't do it if she didn't have a CLUE about his feelings.

Because we have to risk everything we've worked for in order to have her. - Obvious reference to his job as a factor which made him to not act on his feelings and take a risk.

I couldn't do it ... but you did. - it means he just didn't do anything in LV. but in SF? well, all i can think of is that in SF they connected on a level, that they were both aware that they're attracted to each other, but nothing serious happened. it doesn't really matter how they got to this conclusion. i think Sara knew of his attraction to her, and possibly this knowledge made Grissom MORE sheepish than when talking to any other woman. for example, he liked LH, and he wasn't sheepish around her. well yeah, she could read him, but things she said about him weren't anything he actually indicated. he was more fascinated by how she got those conclusions right. with sara it was different. i think in SF he declared his attraction to her, so that on CSI she always knew it. and we all know that he doesn't like when people know what he really thinks deep inside. so when a woman knows that he's got feelings for her, he's just uncomfortable. that's why their interactions were so awkward in Snakes, PWF and many more.

In 'Butterflied' when he says 'She offers us a new life with her' it may not mean she actually offered by saying the words, maybe it was just unspoken. If he gave into his feelings and went with Sara, then they would start a life with with eachother wouldn't they? If he gave into his feelings 'the new life' would automatically start. He knows her feelings and he knows that without her saying the words what she is offering him.

yes, i agree, but again, asking for a date isn't something Grissom would already interpret as an offer of a new life. Butterflied was far before Sara's confession in Snakes or ND. and do we have any earlier direct indications from Sara other than PWF? as far as my memory goes, no (please correct me if i'm wrong). basing on this, i'm pretty sure they found out about their mutual attraction in SF.

another thing is, he could only just use a metaphore, and i'm interpreting too much, lol. and actually this last option seems more possible.

Hey sarah I brought up this video- but nothing happened :rolleyes: it just stayed blank :( thank's anyway- maybe it's my PC- and the SF idea- I think that when he asked her to come down to Vegas-she thought it was way more than it was-then- but as time went by- they got closer and closer- and he deep in the reccesses of his scientific brain he did have an ulterior motive- and the "want to have dinner" and he blatantly said "NO" you know how blunt he can be- with all of them- poor Greg comes to mind-alot-as well as Nick-Warrick-Cath-= and he's got into little tit-tats with almost everyone- :mad: but as time rolled on- he got to see that Sara, wes the one he wanted-and that's subject to intrepretation ;)as to when- :eek:

TSoSSbanner_thumbMA10145000-0003.jpg

Yeah, I know - the link to the promo seems to be funny. Go to the "Read All About It" page on YTDAW and look for one of Brandie's latest posts, because she should have it.

Or just PM Brandie. lol.

Since this is a promo, I'm fairly sure we're allowed to talk about it here.

Well, for all of you Billy nuts - he will be presenting on the Emmy's tonight which start at 8. No clue on who his co-presenter is, but I didn't see Jorja Fox's name on the register anywhere.

I only bring this up because it appears that they've decided to pair together the Grey's Anatomy couple as presenters.

But either way - it's a chance to see what the beardlessness looks like for longer than 3 seconds, at least.

okey, good Destiny doesn't moderate this board too, cuz i'd be dead meat by now :lol: this is like the 4th thread i'm discussing Billy as a presenter tonight, lol. (but i'll just mention it, and i swear, it will pertain to GSR at some point :D ).

Clean shaven Billy for the first time really, tonight! in a suit/tux!! *thud* i'm watching it tonight even though it starts at 3 am my time :D Yeepee!!

yeah, i was thinking it would be the coolest thing in the world if they paired WP with JF! maybe they could, you know, kiss there?, lol. well, i'm ready for a surprise like that :D

the new promo is also available on our beloved gsr.com, so if that link doesn't work, you can watch it from there as well.

ETA: only to add that he looked the most handsome i've ever seen him looking and i'm not even going to describe my reaction on that. *lies dead in a pool of saliva*

Those of you interested in seeing moving photographs shown in sequence with sound of this event, PM me!

Yeah - I'd say he looks a LOT better. Plus, props to David Palmer, his co-presenter. lol.

Either way - really looking forward to the new season. The preview of the two of them was cool, and if you notice, CTV's entire promo of CSI was of the one canon scene snapshot (all the shows got snapshots, that was CSIs).

I watchd the Emmys tonight!
I only watched them cause I wanted to watch Desperate Housewives for the first time to see my Teri, bu t it wasn't on, so indstead I watchd Emmys.

I thought that Billy looked very much skinnier. He looked like season 1 Billy, so skinny. I was sad to see no other CSI people, though . I liked how he went to kiss that british girl but she tried to duck out. it made me giggle.

hey ziggy, how are you?!

well i watched it only to see Billy :D the moment he got off the stage i went on here, put my hypered emotions on WP thread, squeeked a couple of times, fainted somewhere in between and went to sleep. indeed, i think he looked like in S1. i didn't expect him to be that thin. but he looked GREAT and it only made him look younger. also liked his shorter hairstyle and basically everything. i think it's better for GSR that he looks like this.

*clears throat* ziggy, i watched it again, and she certainly didn't try to duck out! that would be kinda rude in these circumstances. and she didn't, i'm sure of that, lol.

THE TOM WAS ON THE EMMYS!

You all love The Tom.

Zig's right, though. Billy looked much skinnier, but not in a bad way at all. He looked really good! Fit and healthy and hot in his tux. Hee. So it'll be good to be able to apply that to GSR being good for Grissom ;) :D

So Gibby's been saying in the first few episodes of next season they're going to reveal some stuff about Grissom and Sara's pre-Vegas relationship, "but there'll be more questions than answers". Fortunately, though, Gib reckons the season so far is showing them to be in a "ROCK SOLID" relationship. Yay! GSR IS ROCK SOLID LOVE! (New thread title anyone? Hee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back