Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by forensicsgirl, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eMetiB

eMetiB Victim

Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

I like them all, especially:
    'We'll sneak into THEIR bedroom someday.' :lol:

I haven't got much ideas myself, but still...
    'We got the love, now where's the smut?' :devil:
    A little crappy, I know, but I will brain-storm it and come up with new ideas. ;)

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

great names everybody ;) can't wait for the voting.

about how i feel: i'm still on Da Wave :D :D i just got a little used to the fact they're together even though i saw only one scene with them actually behaving 100% like they were a couple. it'll never stop amazing me how much was shown in such a short and modest scene. but, as i was saying, there is nothing left for us to discuss but past. and now we're looking at everything from a different angle, which i think is a normal thing to do during a hiatus.

3. sarahvma

sarahvma Captain

1) Because She's His Loved One
    2) They've Already Said I Love You
    3) Like A Married Couple
    4) He went in for sex and didn't get stung
    5) Sharing both birth and remote control
    6) Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler
    7) Secretly Liking. Secretly Dating. Secretly Living Together.
    8. We'll sneak into THEIR bedroom someday.
    9) He Got Stung - By Love
    10) Since Norman Fell
    11) Since San Francisco (although I don't buy it, it is what CM thinks)
    12) Sharing Cases, Sharing Covers
    13) GSR- Hotter Than This Heat Wave
    14) What Happens in SF Will Follow You To Vegas
    15) Now She Can Pin Him Down
    16) Now She Can Tape Him Up
    17) Domestication Anticipation
    18) Because They've Been "Working Out" All Summer
    19) Camera-Duelling Love
    20) He Demands Satisfaction
    21) WE Demand Satisfaction
    22) The One True Path to Shirtless Grissom
    23) They Had to Stop It There for the Kids
    24) [Edited for Adult Content]
    25) Nothing Left to Do But Kiss
    26) Rollercoaster of Love
    27) He's Her Diversion
    28) Chasing Rabbits Together
    29) He Electrocuted Her Pickle
    30) He called HER to Vegas.
    31) The Moment She Stepped Off the Plane (little explanation, Nick says that nothing happens in Vegas by chance in Time of Your Death and that it's all pretty much decided the moment you step off the plane - judging by the amount of GSR in that final scene, some thought that Rambo was making a comment about Grissom calling Sara to Vegas)
    31. Because SF wasn't enough. (Note that this supports both the theory of a relationship in SF and it doesn't at the same time)
    32. She facinates him.
    33. The coaster is just beginning.
    34. Out With the Angst, In With the Smut
    35. We got the love, now where's the smut?
    ------------

Updated List.

If anyone is here when the page turns over, and it's not yet 6:00 PST, please feel free to post the thread nomination poll.

I think the real concern that I have is what the writers will WANT to do with it. Because while happy-happy joy-joy is all very nice in theory, it doesn't really make for good television, and frankly at the moment most audiences are probably very aware of all of the controvercy surrounding this pairing, so they aren't going to really want to just see the two giggling and cuddling and having that be it in the way of hijinks.

The actors themselves would probably get bored with that, too. I mean, your character just had a huge development and you still have nothing to work with?

And finally, let's face it - we as shippers want to be kept on the edge of our seats. In reality, what would keep us coming back each week? A kiss here and there is nice, but if that's all we ever got in terms of our ship, we would get bored. This ship was built on angst and unfortunately, I think a lot of us would prefer some of it to stay.

So my real concern is how they writers both can and want to balance these ideas. Because in truth, it's easy to go too far. Example:

Grissom's "sabatical" can be for many, many reasons - but it's also probably notable to point out that they didn't even have to write in his absence. Grissom was missing from a couple of episodes in Season 6 and they only once felt the need to tell us why, and to me that was more Sarah Goldfinger's way of making a wink that he called Sara about it. But this sabatical could be because he gets caught with Sara, or something as mundane as he wants to teach a class for a month.

4. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

"What happens in San Francisco Doesn't Have To Stay in San Francisco Anymore"
    "Beautiful People, Beautiful Love"
    "GSR: Geeklove = Sex and Romance"
    "He Loooves a Zamboni...and Sara"

Mine suck but I am trying!

Sarah, I agree.
    I onder if the writers know what they have gotten themselves into. If they make the geeks fight they risk that taking over an episode or more which will make people say CSI has turned into a drama. If there is nothing there then people might start losing interest in the 'ship. I think the best way for them to acknowledge the 'ship and not make them fight or breakup is to show how the others find out everything.

edit: SHE Looooves a Zamboni...And Grissom

5. jordan

jordan Rookie

Personally, SnowAngel, I like "What happens in San Francisco Doesn't Have To Stay in San Francisco Anymore" and "Beautiful People, Beautiful Love".

6. CSI_mania

CSI_mania Pathologist

this is too long 4 a title name I think ;) my faves ;

Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler
    The One True Path to Shirtless Grissom
    GSR- Hotter Than This Heat Wave

actually they are all good :D

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

wow! SO many titles! is that a record in number of them nominated?

one more:
    "Wonder who'll be the first to find out"

8. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

I know it's long.
    I wonder if we can shorten it.
    "What happens in SF doesn't have to stay in SF"

9. ziggystarduzt

ziggystarduzt CSI Level Two

Okay dude, that's like, WAY too many titles we've got going on there. No more, let's refine the list and then vote.. or just start elimination process. We're making it too complicated for ourselves. How about we get rid of all the ones that are too long?

10. SnowAngel58

SnowAngel58 Hit and Run

We need this many titles because GSR is going to last forever! Hahaha!

We should make polls and seperate all the names into groups of ten and let people pick two names from each group or something like that.

11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

lol that could be a title....GSR: The Love That Lasts Forever

12. forensicsgirl

forensicsgirl Captain

Hey all.

Can I request that, in addition to picking a new thread name, we also have a discussion in here? About the ship, maybe? Thanks.

Also, with the thread names, lets try not to have too many - it makes choosing that much harder and splits the vote so much that we'll end up with one that only 3 people voted for, you know?

Finally, when picking thread titles, can we try to pick one that's fairly short? There are only so many letters that will fit into the title, so bear that in mind when picking. Thanks.

13. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Welcome nickstokeslover glad youve joined our "ship" have fun- ;) and have we narrowed it down yet? boggles the mind- there's so many :eek:these have been posted before- but for the newbies- these are some cute photos of our awesome/twosome :p

HE FASCINATES ME

SHE FASCINATES ME

14. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well then, lets go back to our "Chronological Episode Interpretation Under New Light", shall we? :lol:

what episode is it today? "Blood Drops", right? SO, i don't remember this episode very well, i watched it last couple months ago, like three months. As far as i remember there was no flirting, it was a high profile case and Grissom told Sara to take care of the little girl. she was visibly pissed at this, and wanted to be a better part of this case. that's the whole interaction i remember from that episode. and why he behaved like this? i think at this point he might've been becoming The Boss. his awareness struck her a bit, i'd say. she maybe thought that b/c they were friends before, he will make an exception for her and have Nick take care of the girl. he surely knew how this case was important to her, maybe that's why he decided to give her such an assigment to tell her "what was or could've been between us is NOT going to affect our jobs. I'M the boss".

was it in this ep or in some other one when sara seemed so resigned and grissom told her a story about some indians, murder, bloody knife, a shaman and flies? b/c there, he was again triyng to comfort her, telling her he's still her friend and she can count on him in hard situations, which she understood and for example allowed him to know the story of her childhood and family later in Nesting Dolls.

15. saraXsullivan

saraXsullivan CSI Level Two

Sorry Adzix, I'm going to have to disagree with your theory that there was no flirting in 'Blood Drops', well it wasn't really flirting, it was... I don't know what you'd call it..

But anyway, Sara heard that GRISSOM was going on the case on the police scanner, she rushed right along to go and be with him. XD. Because if she heard that Ecklie was on the case, she would have just stayed at home, with her non-sleeping self.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.