Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Grissom&Sara #20 - Who Cares? The Shirt's Coming Off Any

However, you could argue that when he asked Sara to come in, he was still expecting to be replaced as Supervisor. I think as time went on, he realized that he really was going to have to be the Boss, and so the inappropriateness of a relationship with her became clear.

Enter Terri, someone he did genuinely like as well, but she didn't work on his payroll - she understood the job (so he thought) and she was obviously very pretty and smart and so on, and I think as we saw in the pilot, at the time he wasn't against dating in general.

The date with Terri outlined the fact that a) he couldn't date his co-workers, so he tried someone in the business in general, but b) the nature of his job and his expertise would either be gross to women (bugs) or just plain annoying (having to leave in the middle of dinner).

So he basically stopped altogether. He still flirted, and got interested, and even tried to be with someone who also felt that same sense of iscolation from most people, but none of this really worked.

So we found Grissom in the dating cucoon.

I mean, really - what probably happened in San Francisco was that she was still a student in some way or shape. I don't believe they were "together", but something may have happened (a kiss, a date...) and he or she pulled away because, again, the nature of their professional relationship.

He brings in Sara thinking they'll just become co-workers, no big deal, and then he gets stuck as the boss and everything is put on hold.

However, you could argue that when he asked Sara to come in, he was still expecting to be replaced as Supervisor. I think as time went on, he realized that he really was going to have to be the Boss, and so the inappropriateness of a relationship with her became clear.
agreed, but his behavior in this episode and in Cool Change wasn't that different to suggest that he changed his mind so quickly about Sara. he still flirted with her in f. ex. in Unfriendly Skies in the same way he did in Cool Change.

okey, another thing that will second the fact that Grissom was attracted to Sara since the beggining - he behaved in the SAME way while working with Terri as he did with Sara in Cool Change and other eps later. but it was pretty obvious back then. so maybe as sarah said, the biggest obstacle was that he was her boss. BUT, it still doesn't support the SF theory.

Adzix said:
agreed, but his behavior in this episode and in Cool Change wasn't that different to suggest that he changed his mind so quickly about Sara. he still flirted with her in f. ex. in Unfriendly Skies in the same way he did in Cool Change.

okey, another thing that will second the fact that Grissom was attracted to Sara since the beggining - he behaved in the SAME way while working with Terri as he did with Sara in Cool Change and other eps later. but it was pretty obvious back then. so maybe as sarah said, the biggest obstacle was that he was her boss. BUT, it still doesn't support the SF theory.

I agree that it doesn't support the SF theory, but I also think that it could in some way. Think about it: He likes Sara. He's obviously liked her since the first episode she was in. Sara likes Grissom. She's obviously liked him since the first episode she was in. This means that he liked her before that and she liked him before that. It doesn't mean that they were together in SF, but it means they both have feelings. He realizes that he's her boss and that's probably how it'll have to stay. He at some point decides that he will eventually have to move on. Thus, leading him to act that way toward Terri.

I have no idea where that was going. It was just a thought.
Tehe. ^___^
I am pleased to inform you that my friend, Allison, will be joining us as soon as her account is verified. She is also a GSR shipper. That, you have me to thank for. Muhahaha.:devil:

Hi my name is allison and i support GSR

Im jordan's friend :)

K, nominations:

1) Because She's His Loved One
2) He's Already Said I Love You
3) The Old Married Couple

welcome nickstokeslover! :D

oh, i like those names, esp. the second one :D i'm gonna think about some too. they'll be lame as my last ones 4 sho, but it's better to have more, than none, right? :lol: *sits cross-legged and meditates*

ETA: *sigh* yeah, i've got two:
"He went in for sex and didn't get stung"
"Sharing both birth and remote control"

lol 'The Old Married Couple' is awesome.

Hmm.. I'll think of some...

*ten minutes later*

1) Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler
2) Secretly Liking. Secretly Dating. Secretly Living Together.
3) We'll sneak into THEIR bedroom someday.

That's all I could think of. :D

sarahvma said:
K, nominations:

3) The Old Married Couple

I like them all, but I really like the first and second ones. I tried to think of one, but my brain went dead...

Yayyy Allison's here. Everyone, nickstokeslover is my friend Allison. She pretty much rocks.

Oh, and I really like "Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler" as well.

I went with other: "I don't care".

Welcome to newbies.. I can't really think of anything to nominate. *shrugs* I'm in a big of a GSR drought at the minute. siiiigh.

i've got a third one:
"He Got Stung - By Love" :D

Hey all. Making a flying visit and will post more later when I've finished reading the forum.

Welcome to all the newbies. You know who you are. Grab some chalk, duct tape and cookies and settle in for what will hopefully be some fabulous discussion.

gutterfliedwb_resized.jpg

Glad to see things have perked up in here - I was beginning to worry everyone had migrated.

Regarding the new thread title, I'm lending my voice to a veto of "old married couple" - they may have the intimacy of a married couple (as Billy indicated in his interview) but I hate the "old" in front of it - it just makes them sound boring. Plus, you all know by now my aversion to marriage - I might break out in a rash everytime I come into the thread :p

I'd like to throw "Since Norman Fell" into the ring. It didn't get picked in the past, and its such a yummy title.

I think my top 3 choices would be [in order]:
1. Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler
2. He's Already Said I Love You
3. Because She's His Loved One

*Title changed - It's a good idea, Fogs - and besides, I think I got the quote wrong anyway.

3) Like A Married Couple
4) He went in for sex and didn't get stung
5) Sharing both birth and remote control
6) Cause Dating Secretly is SO Much Cooler
7) Secretly Liking. Secretly Dating. Secretly Living Together.
:cool: We'll sneak into THEIR bedroom someday.
9) He Got Stung - By Love
10) Since Norman Fell
11) Since San Francisco (although I don't buy it, it is what CM thinks)
12) Sharing Cases, Sharing Covers

So that's the current list with two more tagged on.

I do want to say that now is not the time to declare your favorites - that's not a slam to you, Jordan - because it does happen every time, but because we will be nominating the finalists in the next page, I kind of just want this to be a place for the first round of noms so I don't get confused and put the same one on twice or something.

I really like:

He went in for sex and didnt get stung.

He Got Stung- By Love

Since Norman Fell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back